PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 03:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymity View Post
I don't know if it's just something I'm not doing correctly or what but I've been through page after page of this thread and I think I'm just getting more confused. As of right now, I've followed every step outlined in post 1 on this thread. It seems the more I read, the less I actually understand about what is supposed to be happening.

Here's what I have so far:
It's an VZW HTC Touch Pro 6850
Model No.: RAPH500
ROM Version: 1.03.605.4 (Stock VZW ROM)
Radio Version: 1.03.03V
PRL Version: 51064
PRI Version: 1.46_002

Like I said, I've followed the steps in post 1 and I'm not getting any satellites, not in Google Maps, not in VZ Nav and not in HTC GPS Tool. Am I missing something?

Turn location on?

What does VZ Nav say? Do you have a data plan?

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 01-08-2009, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

anonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Turn location on?

What does VZ Nav say? Do you have a data plan?
Yes, Location is on and I have an unlimited data plan.

VZ Nav says "SERVICE AUTHORIZATION ERROR: PLEASE CALL *611 TO VERIFY THAT YOU ARE PROVISIONED TO USE VZ NAVIGATOR [30]"

I hope that tells you more than it tells me. The only thing I can see is that VZW still thinks I'm not supposed to be using GPS. (I'd like to disagree, hehe.)
Old 01-08-2009, 05:41 PM
cxi
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

cxi is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
You ran \windows\ppst.exe on the device and then *228?

What phase did you start with, I or II? Also note that the first post of the thread gets updated for clarification, have you checked back?
Old 01-08-2009, 05:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:

VZ Nav says "SERVICE AUTHORIZATION ERROR: PLEASE CALL *611 TO VERIFY THAT YOU ARE PROVISIONED TO USE VZ NAVIGATOR [30]"

I hope that tells you more than it tells me. The only thing I can see is that VZW still thinks I'm not supposed to be using GPS. (I'd like to disagree, hehe.)
Sound like your not supposed to be using VZ Nav.
I can also tell by the PRL # that you havent dialed #228 like you need to.

Accepted NOT Expected

Last edited by lllboredlll; 01-08-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:51 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
It does.

Hey bored have you tried older drivers for this chipset? For example, the drivers for th titan or Vogue? I know there is a variance in the model but not sure to what extent? Just curious.
Ya I done that a while back. Both give me comm errors. I even edited the model id in them and still come up with comm errors. I'll tell ya what I'm working on but you'll have to pm me for that
Old 01-08-2009, 06:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

anonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
Sound like your not supposed to be using VZ Nav.
I can also tell by the PRL # that you havent dialed #228 like you need to.
I wouldn't have thought I should use VZ Nav either, but he asked me what it said, hehe.

I just dialed *228 and PRL is now 51143 but HTC GPS Tool still doesn't pick up any satellites. The phone shows I'm getting Ev reception.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:12 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
I wouldn't have thought I should use VZ Nav either, but he asked me what it said, hehe.

I just dialed *228 and PRL is now 51143 but HTC GPS Tool still doesn't pick up any satellites. The phone shows I'm getting Ev reception.
Do you have the tool set to q7500 chip... cold start....4800 baud?

Also do you have QuickGPS install. If so run it and get an updated almanac. If not, it's posted in post 598 I think page 60. Exact info on that is in post 1.

One other thing, GPS is line of sight. You may need to step outside to be positive if it will lock or not.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:28 PM
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:

Yeah, you need to pay for VZ Nav. ITs a great way to prime if you cant get a lock. Its free for 30 days so I tried it out... **** I forgot to cancel! Oh well. Its a good back up.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:29 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
Do you have the tool set to q7500 chip... cold start....4800 baud?

Also do you have QuickGPS install. If so run it and get an updated almanac. If not, it's posted in post 598 I think page 60. Exact info on that is in post 1.

One other thing, GPS is line of sight. You may need to step outside to be positive if it will lock or not.
You might as well just go ahead and download my ROM with the fix integrated. I know that will work!
Old 01-08-2009, 06:32 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
You might as well just go ahead and download my ROM with the fix integrated. I know that will work!
Oh really, you mean I can't keep running the test ROM's

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro