PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 06:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

anonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
Do you have the tool set to q7500 chip... cold start....4800 baud?

Also do you have QuickGPS install. If so run it and get an updated almanac. If not, it's posted in post 598 I think page 60. Exact info on that is in post 1.

One other thing, GPS is line of sight. You may need to step outside to be positive if it will lock or not.
Yeah, I have the tool set to Q7500 chip, cold start and 4800 baud rate.

I installed QuickGPS and it's failing to connect to download updates. I don't know why it would fail. I've verified that my data connection works. I can even view this forum on my device.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymity View Post
Yeah, I have the tool set to Q7500 chip, cold start and 4800 baud rate.

I installed QuickGPS and it's failing to connect to download updates. I don't know why it would fail. I've verified that my data connection works. I can even view this forum on my device.
Soft reset and try to download it again

Accepted NOT Expected
Old 01-08-2009, 07:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: verizon

dewild1 is just getting started

Man, I hate to bother the master.. But... I am about to return my 3 phones and switch to Sprint.. (yes all is well with Google, live, HTC tool)...
Fist off, I hate verizon for doing this and if SPRINT was not sold out, I would have gone with them and I am still inside of my 30 days and even though I have the phones all set up and hours into them.. I am about to shove them up their A$$!

The problem I am having is with the SMS - GPS tracking programs http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=459604
The one attached you can see if GPS works or not.
After about an hour, I can get 8/0 but no locks.. Even with doing HTC GPS tool first, and I have tried starting that first, after, sideways and backwards.. LOL
Yes, I set it to com port 4...
Attached Files
File Type: cab SmartPhoneTrackerFreeInstall1.2.0.5.CAB (497.0 KB, 13 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-08-2009, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

anonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Soft reset and try to download it again
Okay I did that and I was able to download the updates. After doing that I tried the GPS tool again and no dice. For good measure, I tried another soft reset and then the GPS tool again, still nothing. I don't doubt that this should work because other people here have it working.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: verizon

dewild1 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymity View Post
Okay I did that and I was able to download the updates. After doing that I tried the GPS tool again and no dice. For good measure, I tried another soft reset and then the GPS tool again, still nothing. I don't doubt that this should work because other people here have it working.
Just do this ROM.. Works like a charm and is fast.. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51804 follow the directions and you are set.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:41 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

double check you location setting again .... I know this seems elementary but lets just make sure settings/personal/phone/services

Also would highly recommend Scott's ROM linked above
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewild1 View Post
Just do this ROM.. Works like a charm and is fast.. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51804 follow the directions and you are set.
True that!

Donations always accepted but never expected!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:43 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Man, I hate to bother the master.. But... I am about to return my 3 phones and switch to Sprint.. (yes all is well with Google, live, HTC tool)...
Fist off, I hate verizon for doing this and if SPRINT was not sold out, I would have gone with them and I am still inside of my 30 days and even though I have the phones all set up and hours into them.. I am about to shove them up their A$$!

The problem I am having is with the SMS - GPS tracking programs http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=459604
The one attached you can see if GPS works or not.
After about an hour, I can get 8/0 but no locks.. Even with doing HTC GPS tool first, and I have tried starting that first, after, sideways and backwards.. LOL
Yes, I set it to com port 4...
I tried it breifly before and had no success..didn't persue why ... too busy working on projects
Old 01-09-2009, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Quote:
double check you location setting again .... I know this seems elementary but lets just make sure settings/personal/phone/services

Also would highly recommend Scott's ROM linked above

Thanks guys. I appreciate all the help. I have it working now. I was able to do it without using the ROM linked above. I hesitate to flash my ROM because I don't want to void my warranty in case I really screw something up. That, and I like knowing that if I mess something up I can just reset to factory defaults and start anew.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ TP2 XV6875
Carrier: Verizon

ramborami is keeping up the good workramborami is keeping up the good work

heh... The "location = ON" gets em every time!!!
Old: VZW TP XV6850 >> VZW XV6900 >> VZW XV6800 >> VZW XV6700 >> VZW XV6600

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro