View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 02:03 PM
FormerPalmOS
Regular 'Geeker

FormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsnake View Post
Hey, awesome! It worked right away on my stock verizon ROM, just got my phone 2 days ago. Get 7 sats lock in iGuidance v4.0.2. However, it is very laggy, I drive faster than it can update the screen, any thought on that? I normally use bluetooth HOLUX GPSlim240 and in doesnt lag even at 100mph. Is there a way to make internal GPS actually good, is it a software issue, maybe iGuidance isn't compatable? Thanks for your work.
There is some native lag - about 750-1000 ms for the GPS to calculate your position and report it to the application. Seems to be a hardware limitation (i.e. we're stuck with it). Anything above that is OS - get yourself a faster ROM (www.scottcrosler.com) - it's easy. That said, I assume that the better GPS programs (Garmin, Tom Tom) are aware of this (all devices have some lag, but most dedicated devices have less lag than this phone). They probably anticipate the lag to display your position accordingly. After all, they know how fast you are going and the direction - it's not too difficult to calculate out the lag.

Last edited by FormerPalmOS; 01-20-2009 at 07:19 PM.