View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 12:22 AM
FormerPalmOS
Regular 'Geeker

FormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsnake View Post
Hey thanks, when I say I use HOLUX GPSlim240, it's not a standalone GPS, it's just a GPS antenna for my Touch Pro or any bluetooth enabled PC/PPC. Paired with my phone and iGuidance (btw a very good program with TTS) I have ony a native few millisecond lag. Now when I use iGuidance with built-in GPS, I get a good minute lag, if not more.
The Holux unit is a receiver - it does one thing and does it well - it calculates your position really fast. Much faster than the phone, for which GPS is an FCC-mandated cheap-as-possible necessary evil.