PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 04:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-free View Post
Quick Question

I got the touch flow software install on my xv6800 PDA
also have Live search and Google maps .. however
the GPS does not work ..

Just like to know if this GPS fix will also work on my
device, the Verizon xv6850 aka touch pro .. is very
similar to my xv6800 device ..

Also in there an custom ROM for the xv6800? I got the
TomTom software as well..

I am very new to thing so I’ll need step by step info. thanks..
Look at my Sig Block if you want a newb friendly Titan ROM. Sorry XV6800 ROM.

TItan is code name.

EDIT: But yeah, dont put this fix on your 6800!!!!!!!!!!!!! My post will get you going and the people there will help you with GPS.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:55 PM
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
that's because he has posted a new rom... just look in upgrades you will see it or just go to www.scottcrosler.com
Thank you sir!
Old 01-16-2009, 05:10 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amancharlas View Post
I get a message that I don't have access to this post? Help?
New post is here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53328

Or like bored said, just check my site, www.scottcrosler.com

My sig black and website will always have the latest info. But yeah, lets move this out of this thread and into mine.

Thanks!
Old 01-17-2009, 02:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: vx6800
Carrier: Verizon

mr-free is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Look at my Sig Block if you want a newb friendly Titan ROM. Sorry XV6800 ROM.

TItan is code name.

EDIT: But yeah, dont put this fix on your 6800!!!!!!!!!!!!! My post will get you going and the people there will help you with GPS.

Well I tryed everything and nothing works.. NueSpl 2.47 does NOT work on my xv6800 verizon version ..
and it seems if NueSpl 2.47 does not work nothing else seems to work .. so .. I am still at base one ..
need to unlock my phone .. I went to the HTC site and downloaded the xv6800 verizon latest rom
and that works .. it loaded WM 6.1 as well over my old WM 6.0, I am very happy with the real HTC update
software rom flash.. anyways after that I then tried NueSpl 2.47 again and still nothing .. NueSpl 2.47 can't
seems to load itself as the bootloader or something .. it just don't work ..

Is there another better software I can use?

Last edited by mr-free; 01-17-2009 at 02:17 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:51 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-free View Post
Well I tryed everything and nothing works.. NueSpl 2.47 does NOT work on my xv6800 verizon version ..
and it seems if NueSpl 2.47 does not work nothing else seems to work .. so .. I am still at base one ..
need to unlock my phone .. I went to the HTC site and downloaded the xv6800 verizon latest rom
and that works .. it loaded WM 6.1 as well over my old WM 6.0, I am very happy with the real HTC update
software rom flash.. anyways after that I then tried NueSpl 2.47 again and still nothing .. NueSpl 2.47 can't
seems to load itself as the bootloader or something .. it just don't work ..

Is there another better software I can use?
You really need to post this stuff over at XDA and let someone over there try to help you. This thread is for GPS on XV6850.

Its probably something really simple. Make your request to "damager" in my thread. He will help you. Tell him I sent you.

EDIT: BTW: You just made life for GPS on your phone very difficult by going to MR1. That was not a choice move if you want free unrestricted aGPS. You just effectively applied a lock down that is a ***** to remove.

Last edited by scrosler; 01-17-2009 at 04:05 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

gstmike is a n00b

I followed the instructions here and cannot get my phone to pick up any satellites, I ran the cab files as directed and reprogrammed the phone. I checked that the location is on and still nothing. The phone is a VZW touch pro.

Mike
Old 01-17-2009, 04:03 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstmike View Post
I followed the instructions here and cannot get my phone to pick up any satellites, I ran the cab files as directed and reprogrammed the phone. I checked that the location is on and still nothing. The phone is a VZW touch pro.

Mike
Did you try to use Quick GPS first before locking?

What did you use to try and lock? Which app?
Old 01-17-2009, 04:15 AM
Lurker

gstmike is a n00b

Quote:
Did you try to use Quick GPS first before locking?

What did you use to try and lock? Which app?
Not sure I follow you as I am beyond new to all of this. I first unlocked the phone (only got it today), I then installed your loaded rom (works great btw, I hated how the phone was instantly out of the box, with your ROM I now enjoy the phone!) I then followed the instructions on the first post to a tee.

I get an error if I try and launch vznav as well "file OperaL cannot be found"

Mike
Old 01-17-2009, 04:21 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstmike View Post
Not sure I follow you as I am beyond new to all of this. I first unlocked the phone (only got it today), I then installed your loaded rom (works great btw, I hated how the phone was instantly out of the box, with your ROM I now enjoy the phone!) I then followed the instructions on the first post to a tee.

I get an error if I try and launch vznav as well "file OperaL cannot be found"

Mike
You need to install opera. The VZNav link is coded to launch Opera and not IE.

Can you tell me what instructions you followed precisely? I can help you. I just am not sure what revision of instruction you followed.

Do this....

Apply PPST fix - fone will reset.
go to settings -> phone and then turn the Location Setting to On under the second tab on the phone settings.
Start a data connection either WiFi or CDMA (VZW wireless).
OPen Quick GPS and hit download.
Close quick GPS, open HTC GPS tool.
Click right softkey menu and select Chip ->Q7500
Then click Open Port.

Watch it for 1 minute standing by a window.

Hopefully you get a sat lock in the first minute. If not... Soft reset and go back to HTC GPS tool and select Chip again and then open port again. Stand by window for one minute.

Report what happens.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:29 AM
Lurker

gstmike is a n00b

Quote:
You need to install opera. The VZNav link is coded to launch Opera and not IE.

Can you tell me what instructions you followed precisely? I can help you. I just am not sure what revision of instruction you followed.

Do this....

Apply PPST fix - fone will reset.
go to settings -> phone and then turn the Location Setting to On under the second tab on the phone settings.
Start a data connection either WiFi or CDMA (VZW wireless).
OPen Quick GPS and hit download.
Close quick GPS, open HTC GPS tool.
Click right softkey menu and select Chip ->Q7500
Then click Open Port.

Watch it for 1 minute standing by a window.

Hopefully you get a sat lock in the first minute. If not... Soft reset and go back to HTC GPS tool and select Chip again and then open port again. Stand by window for one minute.

Report what happens.
I followed the instructions in the first post in this thread.'

Will I need to unlock the phone again assuming the *228 locks it?

Sorry for all the questions.

Mike

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro