PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2008, 09:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

bnjcook is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon GPS Fix.....Phase I

Okay. I'm having problems with the instructions for getting rid of the Sprint banner and roaming icon. I installed QPST and WModemDriver on my desktop and then ran Activesync and dialed ##3424 which executed DMR on my phone and then I ran QPST config on my desktop and my phone is not listed in the active phones tab nor can I add it (per instructions). What I did notice is when I dialed ##3424 it disconnected me from Activesync. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Old 12-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro

gianturcom is a n00b
Re: Non Stock ROM Problems

I noticed using regedit that the 'Location On' Reg entry was set to a 1 rather than a 0 as shown below.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\PhoneSetting\Locat ionSetting]
"ServiceDescExt"="but will not hide your general location based on the cell site serving your call. No application or service may use your location without your request or permission. GPS enhanced 911 is not available in all areas."
"ServiceDesc"="Turning location on will allow the network to detect your position using GPS technology, making some Sprint PCS applications and services easier to use. Turning location off will disable the GPS location function for all purposes except 911,"
"ItemMessageDesc2"=""
"ItemValue2"=dword:00000003
"ItemName2"="OFF"
"ItemMessageDesc1"=""
"ItemValue1"=dword:00000000
"ItemName1"="ON"
"ItemCount"=dword:00000002
"ServiceTitle"="Phone: Location Setting"
"ServiceName"="Location Setting"
After changing

"ItemValue1"=dword:0000001
to
"ItemValue1"=dword:0000000

I rebooted and still no success.

After running 'Advanced Config' and changing the 'Phone' to use the default Windows Dialer, then changing the 'Location On' (witout a waitcursor)

then reapplying the GPS patch steps finally allowed me to have success with my own and other ROMs.[/quote]

Very interesting. I couldn't get it to work on NexVision's ROM. I followed the registry steps above and then was able to get 10 sats, 5 locked, working great, on Sunday. After turning the phone off overnight, it once again does not work at all. Clearly some setting is not staying set, or is getting overwritten when the phone boots. It isn't the reg setting, that remains ok. I have checked everywhere I can think of, and all else looks right. Any ideas?
Old 12-22-2008, 11:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

mikebh is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjohnny View Post
Thanks - you're the man. This was my problem (for hours)....
Quote:
Thanks - I don't want to f' up my phone.

I did as you asked even though Bored said to "add Ports tab and add SURF7500A to Com4"

When I add to new ports I still don't see SURF7500A listed ANYWHERE.
The added ports show:

Com7 No Phone
Com8 WInCE (.........45).

No SURF 7500A..
Then if I go to service programming I see a strange SPrint phone number....

Please help -- I just don't want to screw this up & I'm not seeing what should be listed.
when i read your request for QPST, bored had fixed the download link. anywayz glad to help out.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (VZW)

FrozenIpaq is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnjcook View Post
Okay. I'm having problems with the instructions for getting rid of the Sprint banner and roaming icon. I installed QPST and WModemDriver on my desktop and then ran Activesync and dialed ##3424 which executed DMR on my phone and then I ran QPST config on my desktop and my phone is not listed in the active phones tab nor can I add it (per instructions). What I did notice is when I dialed ##3424 it disconnected me from Activesync. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
If you check the XDA Wiki link on the front page it mentions using a command prompt on your device to run DMRouter /DIAG (what I did was use Resco File Explorer and just executed the DMRouter.exe with a /DIAG argument). Also GC has a CAB fix for the banner a few pages ago - that's your best bet/method for removing/replacing the banner back to Verizon (Big thanks to GC for that!)
Old 12-22-2008, 11:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Thanks - I don't want to f' up my phone.

I did as you asked even though Bored said to "add Ports tab and add SURF7500A to Com4"

When I add to new ports I still don't see SURF7500A listed ANYWHERE.
The added ports show:

Com7 No Phone
Com8 WInCE (.........45).

No SURF 7500A..
Then if I go to service programming I see a strange SPrint phone number....

Please help -- I just don't want to screw this up & I'm not seeing what should be listed.

Guys I'm really sorry I made a minor mistake with the port issue. What you are looking for when you add a port is QC/Diagnostic for whatever port it corresponds to.

Accepted NOT Expected
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ TP2 XV6875

ramborami is keeping up the good workramborami is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
Guys I'm really sorry I made a minor mistake with the port issue. What you are looking for when you add a port is QC/Diagnostic for whatever port it corresponds to.
Thanks bored, I was trying to figure that out last week when I was trying to mess with the GPS, for me it was COM6...

Can you edit your first post to include the GPS Settings that we should have for:

Settings >> SYSTEM >> External GPS
Programs Tab- GPS Program Port: Com4
Hardware Tab- GPS Hardware Port: None, Baud Rate: 4800
Access Tab- Checkmark on "Manage GPS automatically"

Thanks bro!
Old: VZW TP XV6850 >> VZW XV6900 >> VZW XV6800 >> VZW XV6700 >> VZW XV6600

Last edited by ramborami; 12-22-2008 at 11:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (VZW)

FrozenIpaq is becoming a great contributor

lbjohnny - I believe you are actually using an older build, make sure you are using build 301 and you should be set. The WinCE shows up on older builds, but will show up SURF and the latest version (that's the correct port, and the correct device but you need a newer build)
Old 12-23-2008, 12:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

niteriderxp is becoming a great contributor

So I got a fix after waiting for about five minutes outside using the HTC GPS Tool. It still takes 1-2min per fix right now.

This is definitely not aGPS. It doesn't even make the data connection active when it begins acquiring GPS signal as seen on the Sprint Mogul.

I did the QPST aGPS hack and ran the cab by gc14 that adds some 10 registry values to HKLM\Software\HTC\SUPL AGPS.

Another thing is that Google Maps cannot acquire a GPS lock using "Managed by Windows", and must use the COM Port directly. So any application that relies on GPSAPI calls for GPS data will probably not function.

I suspect there is a difference in GPS drivers between the Sprint and Verizon phones. Can someone compare the GPS registry keys and drivers of the stock Sprint TP and the stock VZW TP?

Thanks,
Old 12-23-2008, 12:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bnjcook is a n00b

Thanks. I applied GC's cab file and it did fix the Sprint text, however, my status icon did not get fixed (it still says I'm roaming). Do I need to go through the steps again to fix this problem?
Old 12-23-2008, 12:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

lexluthor is keeping up the good worklexluthor is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnjcook View Post
Thanks. I applied GC's cab file and it did fix the Sprint text, however, my status icon did not get fixed (it still says I'm roaming). Do I need to go through the steps again to fix this problem?
I had to soft reset after applying GC's cab to change the banner text.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro