PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2008, 11:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon GPS Fix.....Phase I

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuel.a.asselin View Post
BTW The first version of the GPS fix worked great for the TELUS Touch Pro! Got a gps signal within 1-2 seconds... 5 seconds max on a cold start, that's as quick or even better than what I had on my previous p4000 (titan). The only problem was the roaming... I don't care for the roaming icon, it doesn't bother me and even if the sign is there you do not get billed for roaming and even then I don't care if I do! My only problem is that if I'm in roaming, my exchange server is not connected (need to do manual send/receive) and it's not possible on the touch pro to ask it to still be connected in roaming (the checkbox is there, but can't be selected...) Any solutions?????? Thanks!!

I need to look at the Telus PRI before I can really comment. Someone needs to post it. I'm not downloading the whole ROM for the PRI. Way too many files to keep sorted as it is.

Accepted NOT Expected

Last edited by lllboredlll; 12-26-2008 at 12:05 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

emmanuel.a.asselin is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
I need to look at the Telus PRI before I can really comment. Someone needs to post it. I'm not download the whole ROM for the PRI. Way too many files to keep sorted as it is.

Alright, I'll post it tomorrow for sure!
Just out of curiosity, can't you create a file like :Verizon Nationwide EVDO PRL 51143 Modified.zip (3.3 KB, 20 views) but for TELUS...? Maybe it's a dumb question lol...
Old 12-26-2008, 12:04 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuel.a.asselin View Post
Alright, I'll post it tomorrow for sure!
Just out of curiosity, can't you create a file like :Verizon Nationwide EVDO PRL 51143 Modified.zip (3.3 KB, 20 views) but for TELUS...? Maybe it's a dumb question lol...

I'd rather customize the PRI. The PRL patch will work for the PRL only not all of the settings. You will basically be running Sprint's settings instead of Telus. The new fix I posted gives Verizon users a clean PRI with a code sequence added for the GPS.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

chuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIP
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Got it working (Phase II) with Scrosler's 3rd ROM and with Google Maps. Now here is my dumb question...Do you why it wouldn't work with the ROM I created using PPCKitchen or with Nex's ROM?
Old 12-26-2008, 12:13 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

drivers maybe
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

chuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIP

Quote:
drivers maybe
OK, Thanks!
Old 12-26-2008, 12:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Great job once again bored! Thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dsteinschneider is a n00b

Just tested phase II - the results I've gotten so far on my stock ROM touch pro are uneven - phase II so far is the same although I'm testing indoors. It takes a long time to start seeing satellites and even longer to fix any if it does. Soft reset seems to help. Once it starts seeing more than 4 satellites AND it fixes then it works nicely with TomTom 7 and Google maps. I've tested driving with the TomTom - it was accurate although different than my TomTom6 with GlobalSat BT359 (always seems to say double the yards until turn but tells me to turn at the right time). The person who referred to priming the pump with the HTC GPS Tool had it right. It's as though my phone needs to warm up the satellite chip/antennae etc before it will work. During the time I wrote this it finally fixed. Maybe this is a good sign. If its consistent I will be happy even if I have to wait 5 minutes to fix. It's great that lllboredlll has been able to unlock this - many thanks.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
drivers maybe
Yup, thats what it is.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 12-26-2008, 04:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verivon 6700, Verizon Touch Pro

MrNaPaLm32 is just getting started

I installed v2 on scotts rom and get instant locks on 7 satelites in the HTC GPS utility, however it does not work in Google Maps. Any ideas?

okay I got it to work. For all of you that this happens to. I simply changed the settings in google maps from automatic to COM4/4800 and it worked instantly.

Last edited by MrNaPaLm32; 12-26-2008 at 04:48 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro