View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 04:21 AM
scrosler
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstmike View Post
Not sure I follow you as I am beyond new to all of this. I first unlocked the phone (only got it today), I then installed your loaded rom (works great btw, I hated how the phone was instantly out of the box, with your ROM I now enjoy the phone!) I then followed the instructions on the first post to a tee.

I get an error if I try and launch vznav as well "file OperaL cannot be found"

Mike
You need to install opera. The VZNav link is coded to launch Opera and not IE.

Can you tell me what instructions you followed precisely? I can help you. I just am not sure what revision of instruction you followed.

Do this....

Apply PPST fix - fone will reset.
go to settings -> phone and then turn the Location Setting to On under the second tab on the phone settings.
Start a data connection either WiFi or CDMA (VZW wireless).
OPen Quick GPS and hit download.
Close quick GPS, open HTC GPS tool.
Click right softkey menu and select Chip ->Q7500
Then click Open Port.

Watch it for 1 minute standing by a window.

Hopefully you get a sat lock in the first minute. If not... Soft reset and go back to HTC GPS tool and select Chip again and then open port again. Stand by window for one minute.

Report what happens.

Donations always accepted but never expected!