View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 08:36 AM
lllboredlll
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsteinschneider View Post
Just tested phase II - the results I've gotten so far on my stock ROM touch pro are uneven - phase II so far is the same although I'm testing indoors. It takes a long time to start seeing satellites and even longer to fix any if it does. Soft reset seems to help. Once it starts seeing more than 4 satellites AND it fixes then it works nicely with TomTom 7 and Google maps. I've tested driving with the TomTom - it was accurate although different than my TomTom6 with GlobalSat BT359 (always seems to say double the yards until turn but tells me to turn at the right time). The person who referred to priming the pump with the HTC GPS Tool had it right. It's as though my phone needs to warm up the satellite chip/antennae etc before it will work. During the time I wrote this it finally fixed. Maybe this is a good sign. If its consistent I will be happy even if I have to wait 5 minutes to fix. It's great that lllboredlll has been able to unlock this - many thanks.
I've noticed with my OnCourse2008 that I don't need to prime my GPS like I did on my Titan but I do with everything else I use the GPS for. As far as results go, I think there are definetly some variables that will definetly affect the results. An example would be last night I was gettin 6 or 7 to lock inside my house withing 15 seconds. This morning while on my way to work, it locked in 10 sats and seen 11 within 3 to 5 seconds. I am running the Telus radio. Sometime today I might to a radio experiment to see if there is any difference. There really shouldn't be but you never know until you try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNaPaLm32 View Post
I installed v2 on scotts rom and get instant locks on 7 satelites in the HTC GPS utility, however it does not work in Google Maps. Any ideas?

okay I got it to work. For all of you that this happens to. I simply changed the settings in google maps from automatic to COM4/4800 and it worked instantly.
When I use Google Maps, which I don't much. I end up having to prime my GPS with the HTC GPS Tool before Google Maps with function properly.

Accepted NOT Expected