PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 04:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
bored-

Any way you could put together a PRI for those of us that ported a Sprint phone to get rid of that roaming triangle? It persists through both your modified 1.46 PRI and the stock 1.46 PRI

Thanks for the fix, though. It actually got my GPS working consistently, so far, with aGPS assist also
Correct me if I am wrong but I though this was only needed for 6850's?????

Sprint already has GPS and aGPS on VZW. Thats what GC is running anyways.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 12-26-2008, 04:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
I have no banner but everytihng else is the same as reported. I never called *22899 again. Phone calls are not roaming though. I activated again to see what happens. No change. all is working, no banner

This is on a fresh unaltered VZW PRI instalation after hard reset of my ROM.

Used 11 fixed 9. Normal for me is used 9 fixed 8. About normal. It did lock in 4 seconds though. I dont think its aGPS but its quicker.

Also have you confirmed the differnt protocals on the Radio? Could ours be differnt than a sprint device?
Used a differnt method this time and got differnt results:
Flashed and ran PPST during autorun.... Applied cab, ran PPST again manually and THEN *22899 and it took just about two whol minutes to activate but has the VZW banner now.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong but I though this was only needed for 6850's?????

Sprint already has GPS and aGPS on VZW. Thats what GC is running anyways.
Ya but they are running a sprint pri that has a prl modded to trick the pri. I'm hoping they can just use this PRI I wrote. That way all their radio settings will be as per verizon minus the GPS ofcourse. I can't think of why my pri wouldn't work on that device.

Quote:
Used a differnt method this time and got differnt results:
Flashed and ran PPST during autorun.... Applied cab, ran PPST again manually and THEN *22899 and it took just about two whol minutes to activate but has the VZW banner now.

Ok, still odd lol

Accepted NOT Expected
Old 12-26-2008, 04:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Wireless XV6900
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

khac is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
What PRI is the 6900 running? Your GPS should of been working without this fix.
bored,
Below is my XV6900 Device Information:

ROM: 3.14.605.1
ROM date: 10/03/08
Radio: 3.37.77
PRI: 2.03_002
Old 12-26-2008, 04:47 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by khac View Post
bored,

Are you on a OEM ROM or a custom? Isn't 2.03 the PRI that locked VZW GPS down on the Titan's?
Old 12-26-2008, 04:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Ya but they are running a sprint pri that has a prl modded to trick the pri. I'm hoping they can just use this PRI I wrote. That way all their radio settings will be as per verizon minus the GPS ofcourse. I can't think of why my pri wouldn't work on that device.

Ok, still odd lol
Your PRI works. I've got it running with NexVision's rom on my Sprint TP on Verizon right now and the GPS works perfectly. The problem is that the roaming triangle still persists no matter what PRI I've tried. To get rid of the roaming triangle I still have to use the modded PRL.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: VZW Droid X

dimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by khac View Post
bored,

Don' you have to have the 1.37 PRI on the 6900 to get the GPS working? The 2.03 locked it down, didn't it?
Old 12-26-2008, 04:49 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
Your PRI works. I've got it running with NexVision's rom on my Sprint TP on Verizon right now and the GPS works perfectly. The problem is that the roaming triangle still persists no matter what PRI I've tried. To get rid of the roaming triangle I still have to use the modded PRL.
So you did a programming update after you installed Phase II of my fix?
Old 12-26-2008, 04:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
So you did a programming update after you installed Phase II of my fix?
Yes, that is correct. Was using a modified PRL with Nex's rom, stock Sprint PRI, then applied stock VZW PRI a week or 2 ago trying to get my GPS to work and still needed a modded PRL to get rid of the triangle, then this afternoon I applied the modified Phase II fix PRI, rebooted, and then dialed *228 option 1. PRL downloaded successfully, automatically rebooted, and roaming triangle was present until I re-loaded the modded PRL
Old 12-26-2008, 05:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro

vorkosigan1974 is a n00b

This is great. My experience with a stock Verizon phone on the base ROM is the following. I am using Google Maps to test. I HAVE to use the HTC GPS tool to initialize and find the satellites (which after the first time, it does subsequently very fast.) I then can open up Google Maps and it will connect and find satellites. This works only when using Manual Connection settings. Automatic settings never work.
I have to use HTC GPS each time I have left the phone alone for any amount of time. Google will not find the satellites on its' own. Actually, Google will fail to initialize the GPS on its' own.

Is this mirroring the experience of other users? Do we have any thoughts on how to avoid this initialization procedure, of others are experiencing?

ROM: 1.03.605.4
Radio: 1.-3.03V
PRI: 51064

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro