PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: VZW Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

dimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by khac View Post
dimitri,

Is this the thread you are talking about?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...XV6900&page=21
No....There was a thread when I had the 6900 and you had to go back to the Bell Shipped ROM but not let the customizations run. Then you had to go to the Sprint ROM and not let the customizations run. Then you had to use the Ripped ROM for VZW. That got you back to the original ROM that came on the 6900. That is the 1.37 PRI.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewild1 View Post
Wjhat are you confused about? That is for the 6800 not 6850. Though I have a stong huynch it will be the same. aGPS is beleived to be locked down by the PRI. Atleast thats my thoughts.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 12-26-2008, 06:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro

vorkosigan1974 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
The GPS has to be primed right now to be able to work. Once the aGPS is working you won't have to prime the GPS. It will be assisted by the cell towers and you will have a lock in 5 to 10 seconds.
Ok, after moving to a different location I got a better experience. Google and Live Search both come up without HTC GPS(but still have to set Google to manual settings).

Thanks again.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Wireless XV6900
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

khac is a n00b

Quote:
No....There was a thread when I had the 6900 and you had to go back to the Bell Shipped ROM but not let the customizations run. Then you had to go to the Sprint ROM and not let the customizations run. Then you had to use the Ripped ROM for VZW. That got you back to the original ROM that came on the 6900. That is the 1.37 PRI.
dimitri,

I have been searching, but haven't seen thread with your name regarding to the issue.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

RTPAPPRAISER is becoming a great contributor

In case anyone is wondering, v2 fix works on a stock VZW ROM on Garmin Mobile XT....GoogleMaps has a hard time fixing. Not sure about TomTom or any others. Someone asked earlier if it worked on a stock ROM, FYI, it does.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

dimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by khac View Post
dimitri,

I have been searching, but haven't seen thread with your name regarding to the issue.
Yeah I know. For some reason there are only two pages on the Vogue Upgrade Forum. Actually, I just remembered that the thread it over at XDA. I am looking for it now.

Here is the Post that you need to do. You can also check the entire thread.

Single Post #98 http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=96

Entire Thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=43741&page=10

Just say thanks if I was able to help.

Last edited by dimitri; 12-26-2008 at 06:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: verizon

dewild1 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Wjhat are you confused about? That is for the 6800 not 6850. Though I have a stong huynch it will be the same. aGPS is beleived to be locked down by the PRI. Atleast thats my thoughts.
yayayayaaa.. I already said in another post that I am sick so I am more stupppiddd, than normal!!
LOL
Old 12-26-2008, 07:44 PM
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Yeah I know. For some reason there are only two pages on the Vogue Upgrade Forum. Actually, I just remembered that the thread it over at XDA. I am looking for it now.

Here is the Post that you need to do. You can also check the entire thread.

Single Post #98 http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=96

Entire Thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=43741&page=10

Just say thanks if I was able to help.
That will work but lets move it out of the thread into PM's. We are going to start getting very confused soon.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
That will work but lets move it out of the thread into PM's. We are going to start getting very confused soon.
Your right Scrosler but could the PRI from the Vogue help us at all? I seem to remember that the aGPS worked with that PRI?
Old 12-26-2008, 08:12 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Your right Scrosler but could the PRI from the Vogue help us at all? I seem to remember that the aGPS worked with that PRI?
I always thought that PRI's were radio specific but I really dont know that much about them. Now give me a kitchen and I will show you a few things ;c)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro