PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2008, 01:16 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but I though this was only needed for 6850's?????

Sprint already has GPS and aGPS on VZW. Thats what GC is running anyways.
Actually I don't think the aGPS works on my Verizoned Sprint Touch Pro. I've never been able to get a GPS lock while indoors & it takes me forever to get a GPS lock. When I was on Sprint, all of this happened fairly quickly.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
Actually I don't think the aGPS works on my Verizoned Sprint Touch Pro. I've never been able to get a GPS lock while indoors & it takes me forever to get a GPS lock. When I was on Sprint, all of this happened fairly quickly.
aGPS works on the Verizonized Sprint TP. I got it working on mine today and I have locks within seconds of 8-10 sats. My GPS does not need to be primed and data does become active before the GPS locks.

Do these in the following order:

Leaked VZW ROM, NexVision's ROM, GC Verizon aGPS.cab, bored's modified PRI, Titan QPST gpsOne fix, and GC Verizon TP Carrier 20081223.cab.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:19 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Just so I'm not misunderstanding anything, can the Verizon TP (XV6850) have the aGPS hack with this v2 GPS fix? Also, is there a different aGPS hack for the Verizon TP as opposed to other phones (Sprint TP, 6800)?

Thanks!
Old 12-27-2008, 02:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
Just so I'm not misunderstanding anything, can the Verizon TP (XV6850) have the aGPS hack with this v2 GPS fix? Also, is there a different aGPS hack for the Verizon TP as opposed to other phones (Sprint TP, 6800)?

Thanks!
No, the aGPS hack doesnt work with the v2 fix..bored is working on the aGPS fix for the Verizon TP, which should be in the V3 fix..
Old 12-27-2008, 02:37 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle4269 View Post
No, the aGPS hack doesnt work with the v2 fix..bored is working on the aGPS fix for the Verizon TP, which should be in the V3 fix..
Thanks, I thought I read correctly. I just noticed in the Sprint > Verizon TP thread they are suggesting to use the aGPS. Kinda confused me.

waiting oh so patiently.....
Old 12-27-2008, 03:10 AM
N00b
Carrier: Telus

emmanuel.a.asselin is just getting started

Hey Bored, Any news on the TELUS PRI??? Thanks!
Old 12-27-2008, 03:30 AM
Lurker

VetteRacer is a n00b

I did whats listed in Post #1, step 6+ and I no longer have any signals. I tried starting at step 1 and still nothing. Cant do anything with phone, anyone have ANY clues?
Tried doing the stock radio back to phone and made no difference...
I have a custom ROM from kitchen that I made... Will redoing that help?
Luckily I still have my original TP, above was on a replacement, so had to activate that one again...
Help?
Thanks
Matt
Old 12-27-2008, 03:52 AM
Almost a VIP

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
aGPS works on the Verizonized Sprint TP. I got it working on mine today and I have locks within seconds of 8-10 sats. My GPS does not need to be primed and data does become active before the GPS locks.

Do these in the following order:

Leaked VZW ROM, NexVision's ROM, GC Verizon aGPS.cab, bored's modified PRI, Titan QPST gpsOne fix, and GC Verizon TP Carrier 20081223.cab.
I really wish I could substitute Scott's ROM, but I'll do as you say
Old 12-27-2008, 11:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

JDiddyC is a n00b

So followed directions to a T and no go for me. On Verizon and apparently I can't get the GPS to work. I'm using the PPCKitchen and a custom ROM at the moment. I'm considering burning the original VZW image back on the device and relocking before trying again. (Although I'll miss my nice Apps in the custom ROM) I did have the aGPS enabled via the instructions on XDA-Devlopers at one point. Backed those out by loading up the settings I saved from the original and rewriting it to the device. No joy then either.

Anyone else having problems??

<< UPDATE >> 12/28/08
Ok, I forgot I had hard reset the device and didn't skip steps 2 - 5. Although according to what you mentioned that shouldn't have kept it from working. I did revert to a locked OEM ROM and after following the steps CORRECTLY and skipping 2 - 5 it appears to be working. However, the HTC GPS tool takes a minute or 2 and then I show 4+ satellites but don't get a lock for some 10 minutes or so. I've used the aGPS fix on XDA-Devlopers on my 6800 in the past and was wondering if that is worth tyring without botching up what your install does for me???

Last edited by JDiddyC; 12-28-2008 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Update to issue
Old 12-27-2008, 12:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuel.a.asselin View Post
Hey Bored, Any news on the TELUS PRI??? Thanks!
I need someone to post the PRI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
I really wish I could substitute Scott's ROM, but I'll do as you say
I'm checking into that because everything was fine with his ROM. He's tested extensively with my PRI's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiddyC View Post
So followed directions to a T and no go for me. On Verizon and apparently I can't get the GPS to work. I'm using the PPCKitchen and a custom ROM at the moment. I'm considering burning the original VZW image back on the device and relocking before trying again. (Although I'll miss my nice Apps in the custom ROM) I did have the aGPS enabled via the instructions on XDA-Devlopers at one point. Backed those out by loading up the settings I saved from the original and rewriting it to the device. No joy then either.

Anyone else having problems??
Some rom's have a registry issue with this update. I'm not sure the exact key. I will post it if I come across it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteRacer View Post
I did whats listed in Post #1, step 6+ and I no longer have any signals. I tried starting at step 1 and still nothing. Cant do anything with phone, anyone have ANY clues?
Tried doing the stock radio back to phone and made no difference...
I have a custom ROM from kitchen that I made... Will redoing that help?
Luckily I still have my original TP, above was on a replacement, so had to activate that one again...
Help?
Thanks
Matt
I need you to pm me and please be ready to dig into your offlined device.

Accepted NOT Expected
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro