View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 11:17 AM
JDiddyC
Lurker

JDiddyC is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

So followed directions to a T and no go for me. On Verizon and apparently I can't get the GPS to work. I'm using the PPCKitchen and a custom ROM at the moment. I'm considering burning the original VZW image back on the device and relocking before trying again. (Although I'll miss my nice Apps in the custom ROM) I did have the aGPS enabled via the instructions on XDA-Devlopers at one point. Backed those out by loading up the settings I saved from the original and rewriting it to the device. No joy then either.

Anyone else having problems??

<< UPDATE >> 12/28/08
Ok, I forgot I had hard reset the device and didn't skip steps 2 - 5. Although according to what you mentioned that shouldn't have kept it from working. I did revert to a locked OEM ROM and after following the steps CORRECTLY and skipping 2 - 5 it appears to be working. However, the HTC GPS tool takes a minute or 2 and then I show 4+ satellites but don't get a lock for some 10 minutes or so. I've used the aGPS fix on XDA-Devlopers on my 6800 in the past and was wondering if that is worth tyring without botching up what your install does for me???

Last edited by JDiddyC; 12-28-2008 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Update to issue