PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 05:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
Could you please export a full copy of your registry. I need it to compare to for my Phase III fix since you actually have AGPS on that device.
Check your PMs
Old 12-26-2008, 05:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: VZW Droid X

dimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorkosigan1974 View Post
This is great. My experience with a stock Verizon phone on the base ROM is the following. I am using Google Maps to test. I HAVE to use the HTC GPS tool to initialize and find the satellites (which after the first time, it does subsequently very fast.) I then can open up Google Maps and it will connect and find satellites. This works only when using Manual Connection settings. Automatic settings never work.
I have to use HTC GPS each time I have left the phone alone for any amount of time. Google will not find the satellites on its' own. Actually, Google will fail to initialize the GPS on its' own.

Is this mirroring the experience of other users? Do we have any thoughts on how to avoid this initialization procedure, of others are experiencing?

ROM: 1.03.605.4
Radio: 1.-3.03V
PRI: 51064
If you look at the history of this thread then you will see that people in the community are looking at gettig aGPS working on the VZW TP. If you have the Sprint TP then the aGPS works. We are all waiting. But be greatful that you have GPS.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Wireless XV6900
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

khac is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
Are you on a OEM ROM or a custom? Isn't 2.03 the PRI that locked VZW GPS down on the Titan's?
bored,

No, I am no longer on a OEM ROM. That was what I meant in my previous post. I had been with the OEM then I flashed with the upgraded VZW leaked rom. I am not sure if the leaked ROM locked my GPS down. Since there was no OEM shipped with the phone, I am not sure how to go back.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: verizon

dewild1 is just getting started

OK, I am confused.. http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...VerizonAGPSFix
Old 12-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

dimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Actually, there is a way to go back. Give me a minute and I will find the thread. But I do know that if you let the customizations run on the 6900 and go to the 2.03 PRI it will lock down your GPS.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewild1 View Post
What are you confused on? This is not working for us yet. The link that you posted is for the Titan. GC has greated a cab for the Touch Pro but it is not working on the VZW Touch Pro.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Wireless XV6900
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

khac is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
Actually, there is a way to go back. Give me a minute and I will find the thread. But I do know that if you let the customizations run on the 6900 and go to the 2.03 PRI it will lock down your GPS.
dimitri,

Is this the thread you are talking about?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...XV6900&page=21
Old 12-26-2008, 05:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro

vorkosigan1974 is a n00b

Quote:
If you look at the history of this thread then you will see that people in the community are looking at gettig aGPS working on the VZW TP. If you have the Sprint TP then the aGPS works. We are all waiting. But be greatful that you have GPS.
Thanks, for the clarification. I'm VERY glad to see GPS progress getting moving. I have read through the thread, and it wasn't clear to me.
AGPS doesn't seem to be the issue. It's not a speed thing. My GPS with HTC GPS recognizes insanely fast most of the time.
The issue I was mentioning is that without loading HTP GPS before loading Google Maps (and setting Google Maps to Manual settings) there is no GPS at all.
Maybe I'm missing something about the discussion. Appreciate the insight.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: verizon

dewild1 is just getting started

Quote:
What are you confused on? This is not working for us yet. The link that you posted is for the Titan. GC has greated a cab for the Touch Pro but it is not working on the VZW Touch Pro.
Sorry, got the flue and I am dumber than usual!! LOL Did not see that..
Old 12-26-2008, 05:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorkosigan1974 View Post
Thanks, for the clarification. I'm VERY glad to see GPS progress getting moving. I have read through the thread, and it wasn't clear to me.
AGPS doesn't seem to be the issue. It's not a speed thing. My GPS with HTC GPS recognizes insanely fast most of the time.
The issue I was mentioning is that without loading HTP GPS before loading Google Maps (and setting Google Maps to Manual settings) there is no GPS at all.
Maybe I'm missing something about the discussion. Appreciate the insight.
The GPS has to be primed right now to be able to work. Once the aGPS is working you won't have to prime the GPS. It will be assisted by the cell towers and you will have a lock in 5 to 10 seconds.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro