PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 09:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

I made a custom ROM that works really well for me, but this GPS fix does not help. It worked on scrosler's ROM. I can not get location to turn on, always stays as a stikeout crosshair. Do the GPS drivers that come with ppckitchen herman 20931 just not work? If so could anyone post the right drivers? I am not sure how that works. Thanks
Old 12-29-2008, 09:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

I've seen problems with PPCKitchen ROM's. You should try Scott's newest ROM. The speed is kinda unreal... over 60mb free with TF3D running.

Accepted NOT Expected
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

I will definitely check it out. I am all about speed... thanks
Old 12-29-2008, 01:56 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

It's well worth it and keep an eye out for future releases of that ROM. I do all of the testing in his rom's now so I can be assured there is easy integration for VZW TP users.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
i think scrosler was commenting on that and it was to get the gps working initially after the fix install.... some users seem to connectivity issues... it's random though
Yes, thats correct.

I recomended that people who canot get the first lock to try priming using VZ Nav. I garantee that works! You WILL get a lock ;c)

It is free the first 30 days. I just left it on incase of emergencies.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 12-29-2008, 02:01 PM
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by n99hockey View Post
i hear ya..
thanks and i hope you do get a chance to look in to it

ill keep an eye on the thread and if you need anything let me know..i am no hacker/programmer but ill do what i can!
Send him a phone to experiment on or get a bunch of Q9 users together to donate enough money so he can buy one.

Thats the best way to help!

(they can be found cheap on ebay)

Last edited by scrosler; 12-29-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:05 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
It's well worth it and keep an eye out for future releases of that ROM. I do all of the testing in his rom's now so I can be assured there is easy integration for VZW TP users.
Yes, this has proven an excellent delivery method!

I got tons of ideas for next ROM but need time to re-organize. Conflipper hooked me up with the dream toold I always wanted but was afraid to ask for ;c)

PPC Kitchen will not work with this fix. It just wont. It is a driver issue. I havent had time to part out the drivers but it can certainly be done. Just dont have tme as that kitchen does nto suit my needs.

Stay tuned... eventually it will get done.... Not right away because it takes my focus off my own ROM.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:13 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Yes, this has proven an excellent delivery method!

I got tons of ideas for next ROM but need time to re-organize. Conflipper hooked me up with the dream toold I always wanted but was afraid to ask for ;c)

PPC Kitchen will not work with this fix. It just wont. It is a driver issue. I havent had time to part out the drivers but it can certainly be done. Just dont have tme as that kitchen does nto suit my needs.

Stay tuned... eventually it will get done.... Not right away because it takes my focus off my own ROM.

Hurry up already quit ya damn typin and start workin

sorry had to poke ya a little

oh wait you have amunition aswell damn agps
Old 12-29-2008, 03:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Sushisource is a n00b

Grah, this is frustrating. I've done the fix in order probably three times now and I can still use 7 satellites and get no fixes. Grr.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

chuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post

I read somewhere that the next release of PPCKit will have support for VZW. Hope this helps a little.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro