PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

bnjcook is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon GPS Fix.....Phase I

When I open the QPST config and find the port is lists my phone as SURF7500a then an ESN number then phone number BUT IT IS NOT MY PHONE NUMBER THAT IS LISTED!!! Does that matter? I can still send/receive calls on the phone but it wigged me out that the phone number was not mine. Any thoughts/insights?
Old 12-23-2008, 08:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnjcook View Post
When I open the QPST config and find the port is lists my phone as SURF7500a then an ESN number then phone number BUT IT IS NOT MY PHONE NUMBER THAT IS LISTED!!! Does that matter? I can still send/receive calls on the phone but it wigged me out that the phone number was not mine. Any thoughts/insights?
Hmmmm. Did you buy the phone used from eBay?

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 12-23-2008, 08:40 PM
Lurker

bnjcook is a n00b

No, in fact, I bought it from my company that got it directly from our Verizon rep. They service the account (meaning they pay the bill) but I bought the phone so that if anything happened with me and the company I get to keep the phone.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Lurker

bnjcook is a n00b

I've reinstalled the bored_vzw_gps_fix.cab to see if it clears up my roaming icon but it didn't. Is there something screwy with my phone? Do I need to do a hard reset and start over?
Old 12-23-2008, 09:04 PM
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnjcook View Post
I've reinstalled the bored_vzw_gps_fix.cab to see if it clears up my roaming icon but it didn't. Is there something screwy with my phone? Do I need to do a hard reset and start over?
Thats the universal answer to any unexplained problem you dont feel like researching.

What I would suggest is running the PPST 1.4x thatbored has on the front page. That will revert you back to VZW and save much more time over a hard reset. Try that, then activate using *22899. Then go ahead and apply bored cab and conitnue on.

If that doesnt work then just go ahead and hard reset but its worth a shot.

Oh and what ROM are you on again?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:08 PM
Lurker

bnjcook is a n00b

I've applied some themes for tf3d but my phone is not unlocked nor have I cooked anything so its factory ROM. I've just done the themes, gps unlock, and other minor stuff listed under "essentials" in this forum. Thanks for your advice.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

lexluthor is keeping up the good worklexluthor is keeping up the good work

I had a problem getting a fix today. Waited about 5 minutes in HTC GPS Tool and nothing fix.

I fiddled around with the settings and then it go a fix.

I'm wondering if maybe if the GPS is off for a while and then you try to get a fix when you are not at the same location when it was last on, maybe that's a problem.

I have no run the aGPS fix.

I don't know. Either way, still thrilled to have a GPS!
Old 12-23-2008, 09:22 PM
Lurker

bnjcook is a n00b

My GPS is working famously! Maybe I need to start another thread. It's just that after I applied the first version of the bored_vzw_gps_fix.cab I had the same issue as everyone else (1X icon in my status [roaming] and the Sprint banner). So I've tried everything listed here to fix them. I got the banner fixed but I can't get the 1X to go to EV or the like. Since it happened after my first fix to get GPS working that's why I've left it in this thread.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

gc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuff

Since there seems to be some confusion about what working aGPS should look like, I took a little video. It was taken indoors at my parents' house.

Verizon aGPS Video

---------------------------------
HTC Titan - Retired
HTC Apache - Retired

---------------------------------
GC's Touch Pro ROMs & Kitchen
GC Java Pack for Windows Mobile
Verizon GPS/aGPS Tutorial
If you're pleased with me or my work...leave me a donation
Old 12-23-2008, 09:28 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc14 View Post
Since there seems to be some confusion about what working aGPS should look like, I took a little video. It was taken indoors at my parents' house.

Verizon aGPS Video
Nice. Only time i get that fast is when I am already hot. Your on a non VZW device or a vzw Device? Gonna try that Radio tooo

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro