PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 07:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: sprint

biohazardjoker is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HSPL unlock (CDMA) HAVE YOU RECENTLY UNLOCKED?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel View Post

Well desperation set in. I folded my stance on "not" paying for the alleged free HSPL for private use. Having replaced my phone twice within 10 days, the damn HSPL from Olinex kept insisting I should pay because I may be "commercial." B.S.

Anyway, it was $6.50 and it worked immediately soon after paying. And yes I had to input my IMEI or whatever that is under the battery. Indeed this must be the #/code they use to tag your phone in order to twist your arm in paying if you want to HSPL your phone.

Other discussions on this thread involve circumventing the Monopolized HSPL from Olinex. If there is another way of flashing custom ROM's, that would be cool.=D>
Wishful thinking right, but doesn't hurt to wish and keep trying.
in other words olinex is a piece of shi%, the problem is if the people begin to follow his rules of monopoly this will never end, please any other programmer do soemthing about this!!!!
Old 09-29-2010, 08:05 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

so you umm not allowed to talk that way here.... stop calling the people that gave you the ability to make changes to your phone for your personal preferences names. if it werent for them, you all would have to cab this cab that and reset again and again and again all due to 1 cab didnt play nice to another etc. geez.. Unless i was to find out that my info was farmed out or stolen.. that would be the only time I would have a tude.. Give it a rest

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

biohazardjoker is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
so you umm not allowed to talk that way here.... stop calling the people that gave you the ability to make changes to your phone for your personal preferences names. if it werent for them, you all would have to cab this cab that and reset again and again and again all due to 1 cab didnt play nice to another etc. geez.. Unless i was to find out that my info was farmed out or stolen.. that would be the only time I would have a tude.. Give it a rest
what? they give you money for this scam??? tells all the user is a free application and now ask for your imei number and is a good person??? or you are they personal sox sucker? ask any one here how they feel, im the only one that feel this is a scam???? no ones maybe have the guts to tell other people how it feels but i have the guts and balls to do it, i feel this is a scam why ask for the imei now?? i dont need the sim unlocker i need the hard spl unlocker "free some time ago" if you dont have a solution or have any good to write about the problem please dont do that, im only telling all the people how i feel and im sure a looooooot of people around the forums feels the same way.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazardjoker View Post
what? they give you money for this scam??? tells all the user is a free application and now ask for your imei number and is a good person??? or you are they personal sox sucker? ask any one here how they feel, im the only one that feel this is a scam???? no ones maybe have the guts to tell other people how it feels but i have the guts and balls to do it, i feel this is a scam why ask for the imei now?? i dont need the sim unlocker i need the hard spl unlocker "free some time ago" if you dont have a solution or have any good to write about the problem please dont do that, im only telling all the people how i feel and im sure a looooooot of people around the forums feels the same way.
It is free, you don't have to provide your IMEI for the first unlock. Subsequent unlocks may require you to either contact them, or pay to unlock right away. There are two people running the site that has several different unlockers, and I'm sure that they have more important things going on than listening to you and likely hundreds of others complaining constantly. We're even lucky we got the HSPL to start with.

Any idea why they started the current system that was started with the TP2? I'm guessing you don't, along with several others here. Cmonex and Olipro (I think those are their usernames) are the two that provide the community with the HSPL unlockers for most WM devices that needed them. They had numerous issues with previous unlockers where people would unlock the device and charge for the unlocking service when the HSPL was free for all. There were also people that just renamed the file and started selling the file that countless hours were spent on. These people likely never returned any money to the people that provided the HSPL. To prevent future occurrences of this nature, they started a licensing system where everyone would get one free unlock, and subsequent unlocks would be free only for a replacement device (or at least that is how it's supposed to work, but the system isn't perfect). This would give most people what they needed, unlock their phone to flash custom ROMs, and anyone trying to start a business off of unlocking would be screwed, or at least have profit margins cut.

As far as I know, it almost wasn't released at all because people kept complaining constantly. Where is the HSPL? What's taking so long? and all sorts of stupid questions, not to mention several complaints from users on other things, and then you get topics like this with users such as yourself and others still complaining because someone is trying to protect their hard work that they spent countless hours on of their own free time, along with who knows how many bricked devices and other sidetracked stuff, and a hosting server as well. If you don't like it, write your own HSPL and get on with your life, otherwise, stop complaining. Have they been slow to respond to support requests? Yes, but that doesn't mean you can come on here and say their scamming people, extorting money and the like. Lets see anyone here complaining about it create their own unlocker, then maybe you'll understand why the system is as it is.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:10 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

i was provided a service and was happy to pay for it. i was provided the service multiple times, and if i needed it again, i would donate again, because its worth it to me. would yall prefer the option to pay 6 bucks, or that since they dont want to provide support anymore, they just pull the unlocker all together? it 6 bucks compared to a 500 dollar device. the program is more than worth 6 bucks a use if you ask me. the olinex team owes us nothing. id like yall to go to your carrier or htc and demand an unlocked or patched bootloader and tell them your going to flash custom roms! they would laugh in your face. as stated before above me, theyve been through some shit with people charging for third party use of their freeware! i would institute a liscencing policy too! if yall dont like it, id suggest going to hungary and talking shit to their faces! or better yet, learn how to code and make your own unlocker! not so easy huh?

Old 09-30-2010, 12:08 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

IMO It was a bad idea for them to set this up this way. Case in point, this thread and the many other problems that have come up and continue to come up even now when the TP2 will soon no longer be sold in the US. They made this hspl because they enjoy the challenge and they wanted to do it just like all those who have made them for previous devices in the past. Not to make a profit from it. If they did well I doubt they have raked it in. If you ask me this whole licensing thing is mainly about ego and nothing more. They just want thier name on it which is fine but if some guy is trying to suppliment his income by flashing a few devices who really cares anyway. Right? Well they do because they want thier name plastered everywhere. Many people just crave the spotlight and they will do whatever they can to stay in it. It is interesting the way this whole saga continues to go on. I don't think this has been done with any other hspl which makes one ask why only this device? I think it stinks but I'm just a nobody anyway.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Israel is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazardjoker View Post
in other words olinex is a piece of shi%...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
so you umm not allowed to talk that way here.... stop calling the people that gave you the ability to make changes to your phone for your personal preferences names...Unless i was to find out that my info was farmed out or stolen... that would be the only time I would have a tude...
By the time anyone would realize that their info was farmed out or stolen, it would be to late, as far as the victim is concerned. Once your info is out there, IT's out there for good and you have no recourse. There is a bit of leap of faith that something like this doesn't occur, and no one is immune to an unfortunate turn of events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
It is free, you don't have to provide your IMEI for the first unlock. Subsequent unlocks may require you to either contact them, or pay to unlock right away. There are two people running the site that has several different unlockers, and I'm sure that they have more important things going on than listening to you and likely hundreds of others complaining constantly. We're even lucky we got the HSPL to start with.

...where everyone would get one free unlock, and subsequent unlocks would be free only for a replacement device (or at least that is how it's supposed to work, but the system isn't perfect).
...trying to protect their hard work that they spent countless hours on of their own free time, along with who knows how many bricked devices and other sidetracked stuff, and a hosting server as well...
I can only speak for myself. And my position of being frustrated by the whole thing is the concept of "share ware" or "free ware" culture that this forum and many like it are all about. Their own words state that "it is FREE for private use." Yet they do not back up their claim.
If it is true they are so busy and realize that they cannot offer any support to free using people, then they should update their info and state that they will not offer any support, other than for paying customers. At least that way there wouldn't be as many misunderstandings, though some may still arise.

The point is that there should be clarity and "transparency" (They also claim "transparent" to describe how HSPL works), as to avoid confusion and to set more reasonable expectations to the users. There is no doubt that they have slacked off regarding this product, HSPL for TP2, and only they themselves can justify their actions and speak for themselves as to why they have dropped the ball on this issue. If it is cash they want for their HARD work, that is perfectly fine, so long as they are clear and upfront about it. Though for as long as I have been roaming around here in PPCGEEKS, I have not seen any member/user selling any software, cabs, mods, advice... at all. Many ask for donations and that is cool , but I have yet to see someone blatantly demanding payment in exchange for software, etc... before or, after first time use.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

biohazardjoker is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
i was provided a service and was happy to pay for it. i was provided the service multiple times, and if i needed it again, i would donate again, because its worth it to me. would yall prefer the option to pay 6 bucks, or that since they dont want to provide support anymore, they just pull the unlocker all together? it 6 bucks compared to a 500 dollar device. the program is more than worth 6 bucks a use if you ask me. the olinex team owes us nothing. id like yall to go to your carrier or htc and demand an unlocked or patched bootloader and tell them your going to flash custom roms! they would laugh in your face. as stated before above me, theyve been through some shit with people charging for third party use of their freeware! i would institute a liscencing policy too! if yall dont like it, id suggest going to hungary and talking shit to their faces! or better yet, learn how to code and make your own unlocker! not so easy huh?
man is a easy stuff i dont mind to pay the problem is if you gonna do something "free" for the 1 time stay that way, dont make a lot of excuses or crap for ask for money and tell me something if it a " donation " why i have the donate for the 2 or 3 time??? for a freeware???? is a donation or is a fee????
Old 10-01-2010, 09:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

biohazardjoker is a n00b

i try to contact several times this people.... and guest what? nothing any other way to install a custom rom?
Old 10-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Boost

bk money is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to bk money

I used hspl on my TP, and now on my TP2. I also donated this time to thank the programmer for their hard work. Never a need to complain, just learn programming. I am currently waiting to get the sim unlock for my Sprint TP2. The air we breathe comes at a cost... $$$$

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2