PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

What other hspl unlocker?
Old 10-11-2010, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

debarron is keeping up the good workdebarron is keeping up the good workdebarron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: HSPL unlock (CDMA) HAVE YOU RECENTLY UNLOCKED?

I've experienced something similar to what ichthus mentioned. I copied the RUU files and .nbh file that the HSPL unlocker extracts to C:\Windows\SYSWOW64\export (probably not the exact same directory on a 32-bit OS). When I run it from my PC I get an Error 246 Device Not Responding (same as when I try a manual flash from the HSPL unlocker), but when I run it from my SD card it sits at loading. If I use a different RUU, then it goes to the 0% progress screen and sits there until it times out. The reason behind this I believe is due to SSPL needing to be run (the black screen it goes to on a normal Auto-Flash using the HSPL unlocker) before the bootloader can be flashed. When I would try the Manual-SSPL it would cause the phone to lock up but never put it in the black screen. If we could get it to run, then I think we could get around the limitation.

I got two replacment devices recently (first one from Asurion had issues and got another one sent out). I was able to unlock the first replacement device no problem even though I had unlocked my original from the same PC a few months back (I had a diff pub IP at the time), but when I tried the second device I got blacklisted so even from a different PC with a completely different pub IP, it still would not let me unlock through the HSPL unlocker. I put in a support ticket, but as everyone is seeing that is pointless. So not being able to stand the stock Sprint 6.5 ROM, I sent the $6.51 donation to get my phone unlocked.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

ichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
isvthis a step farther than youv gotten in the last couple weeks?
no, i just forgot to mention that or thought i did... i can get the phone into either the 0% grey screen or the Loading... grey screen. the phone sits at that screen indefinitely.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by debarron View Post
I've experienced something similar to what ichthus mentioned. I copied the RUU files and .nbh file that the HSPL unlocker extracts to C:\Windows\SYSWOW64\export (probably not the exact same directory on a 32-bit OS). When I run it from my PC I get an Error 246 Device Not Responding (same as when I try a manual flash from the HSPL unlocker), but when I run it from my SD card it sits at loading. If I use a different RUU, then it goes to the 0% progress screen and sits there until it times out. The reason behind this I believe is due to SSPL needing to be run (the black screen it goes to on a normal Auto-Flash using the HSPL unlocker) before the bootloader can be flashed. When I would try the Manual-SSPL it would cause the phone to lock up but never put it in the black screen. If we could get it to run, then I think we could get around the limitation.
according to the hard-spl-unlock web site, i was thinking it meant the "no functional USB port" error they describe.

question: when you say "black screen" do you mean the multi-color screen with "USB" in the white portion at the bottom? this is the screen i see immediately before either of the grey screens.

i have the same experience as you with running the manual-SSPL program. it just locks my phone. i agree, tho, if we can get past that point we can flash. but, what to do? so we need to figure out how to get manual-SSPL to autorun upon bootup? and when it does, then run the unlocker? is that what you're thinking?

marvin
Old 10-11-2010, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: verizon

ichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by debarron View Post
I've experienced something similar to what ichthus mentioned. I copied the RUU files and .nbh file that the HSPL unlocker extracts to C:\Windows\SYSWOW64\export (probably not the exact same directory on a 32-bit OS). When I run it from my PC I get an Error 246 Device Not Responding (same as when I try a manual flash from the HSPL unlocker), but when I run it from my SD card it sits at loading. If I use a different RUU, then it goes to the......
hey, when you enter the bootloader screen, what version of SPL do you show?

i'm wondering if these phones that won't unlock have a unique version loaded.

marvin
Old 10-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

g4me0v3r is a n00b

Hey everyone, first time posting, long time lurker. I've been able to unlock my phone multiple times. I am a very clumsy person and I've broken my phone on many occasions. I've been reading up on this issue so I decided to pay the $6 or whatever it was. But now I paid and I can't do anything. Someone please help me. I'm itching for a flash.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

debarron is keeping up the good workdebarron is keeping up the good workdebarron is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichthus View Post
no, i just forgot to mention that or thought i did... i can get the phone into either the 0% grey screen or the Loading... grey screen. the phone sits at that screen indefinitely.....

according to the hard-spl-unlock web site, i was thinking it meant the "no functional USB port" error they describe.

question: when you say "black screen" do you mean the multi-color screen with "USB" in the white portion at the bottom? this is the screen i see immediately before either of the grey screens.

i have the same experience as you with running the manual-SSPL program. it just locks my phone. i agree, tho, if we can get past that point we can flash. but, what to do? so we need to figure out how to get manual-SSPL to autorun upon bootup? and when it does, then run the unlocker? is that what you're thinking?

marvin
When I say black screen, I mean black screen. When you run the Auto flash using the HSPL Unlocker, it puts the phone into a black screen (which I'm thinking is the SSPL), it's then that the phone will actually load the new bootloader.

We don't need manual-SSPL to autorun on bootup, but need it to run without locking up the phone. If that puts it to the black screen, then you should be able to flash the new bootloader.

Yup the black screen is the SSPL. Below is from the HSPL site.

nothing happens on the device, does not enter black screen mode:
- anyone having problems with the device crashing instead of entering SSPL, make sure you've used Automatic flash mode before to put the device in SSPL (if you hard-reset your device, you have to repeat Automatic flash mode at least once).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichthus View Post
hey, when you enter the bootloader screen, what version of SPL do you show?

i'm wondering if these phones that won't unlock have a unique version loaded.

marvin
When I got the phone it had the 0.72 SPL on it which is the one that comes with the stock 6.5 ROM. I tried at one point flashing to the 6.1 ROM which then puts the 0.61 SPL on it, but didn't have any luck that way.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:25 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

hold on...waiting to see if this is gsm or cdma..

Last edited by Dr.8820; 10-19-2010 at 07:57 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:09 PM
VIP Member

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02

POS unlocker doesnt work for me either

Old 10-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: sprint

mcmep11 is just getting started

just unlocked my refurb phone, wouldnt work with firewall up (at work), had to go home and do it there
Old 10-28-2010, 02:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Bohn101 is just getting started

Has anyone paid the £4 that has a Sprint Touch Pro 2 with an original SPL of 0.72?

If you did, and your IMEI # was 2 characters sort, did it allow you to immediately unlock after payment?

If I can get conformation that using the IMEI # being 2 spaces short, I will pay the $.

If you used your ESN and that worked, did you try using HEX or DEC?

Thanks,

Last edited by Bohn101; 10-29-2010 at 02:06 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2