PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 03:12 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
*UPDATE*Nov10 HSPL unlock (CDMA) HAVE YOU RECENTLY UNLOCKED?

*edit Friday Nov 12*
More good news! Try this below, from
#90, hit the 90 link & go thank puff60.

1) flash stock 6.5 rom
2) after the rom is loaded, hard reset.
3) after hard reset, do not press "vol up" to boot. instead turn your tp2 off
4) next, press and hold volume down and power keys until bootloader comes up.
5) if you look at the screen on your tp2, you should see "serial" at the bottom in the white area. this should change to "usb" when its recognize by the pc. this means your tp2 is connected and ready to unlock.
6) run the hspl, it should work fine without randomly losing the usb connection to your pc..

*edit*
Newsflash: Please see this post:
#84 for info..
"the creators of the HardSPL are finally responding to my emails. So hopefully everyone else is having an easier time now"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ end of edit ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Can you please post a yes/no, when, & did you hspl unlock from stock ROM that came with your refurb or did you have to flash to an older stock ROM first?
VERIZON? Anyone?? Recently?
This isn't my issue, trying to help at least 4 people here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...rdspl-215.html

POST 7 "I'm out of this discussion at this point"
"Obviously the unlocker still works..." many are having issues, feel free to discuss & get them solved... good luck!

Not many people over there anymore... (some have left).. these people can't unlock refurbs, one from Sprint, the other from Verizon (mostly looking for people with one of those carriers) (yes a duplicate question, important enough to be asked in a visible area.

I'm not the one having issues, so there is a possibility something was missed.. BUT, sure seems something has changed to the free HSPL unlocker RECENTLY... "free for private users". Read the last few pages to get a drift of what's going on...

Why post here?
"we are asking that you ONLY start threads in the Upgrade forums that are to release a ROM, Kitchen, or Radio."
...although ironic the unlocker stuff is in CDMA sticky posts at the top of CDMA :>))

Here are the similar threads we found:

The MOST recent it pulled up was from early Jan 2010, the rest from 2009. Did home work, HOLD the comments, unless they're helpful.

Q's
Yes,
aware of the fact Mr. X is working on a unlocker & testers say good things... anyone have any more info, eta. or a DL link?
Does anyone have a trick used most recently to help these folks?

SEPT 20 UPDATE: OLIPRO !! ALIVE, here: Olipro->Creations(&Blog)

Last edited by teradog; 11-12-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330
Carrier: Sprint

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: HELP! HSPL unlock (CDMA) HAVE YOU RECENTLY UNLOCKED?

Picked up my refurb (remanufacture date, Sept 2010) Sprint TP2 yesterday afternoon and just unlocked.

Downloaded the unlocker, connected with Activesync, and did the 'Flash hard-SPL' with no issues.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:20 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

got a refurb and it kept telling me to pay so after trying to get in touch with comex about it with no luck what so ever i just pais for it...

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:43 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangomango View Post
Picked up my refurb (remanufacture date, Sept 2010) Sprint TP2 yesterday afternoon and just unlocked.

Downloaded the unlocker, connected with Activesync, and did the 'Flash hard-SPL' with no issues.
THANKS! Have you unlocked a TP2 with that same computer before? If so, when? You didn't "contribute" correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
got a refurb and it kept telling me to pay so after trying to get in touch with comex about it with no luck what so ever i just pais for it...
So, you paid for the HSPL unlocker (about $5) correct? Also, WHEN?

Thanks in advance, good to see people are still able.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

I just unlocked 2 devices from VZW last week that were both replacement units. Also one the week before that.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
THANKS! Have you unlocked a TP2 with that same computer before? If so, when? You didn't "contribute" correct?
Yeah the same computer, I want to say I unlocked my original TP2 in March or so.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:43 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

I'm out of this discussion at this point
Obviously the unlocker still works, some having more issues than others. The 4 from the other thread may want to either post or PM some of these successes above & find out additional details.
Thanks & thanked for the replies.

Last Q: Did you hspl from stock ROM that came with your refurb or did you have to flash an older stock ROM?
Old 09-24-2010, 06:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

I'm getting tired of replacement devices, but I've been seeing if they work first, and if it does (or appears to), I just flash the HSPL over whatever is there. I have noticed that the devices I'm getting are coming with a newer default bootloader, I think 0.72 rather than the original 0.63
Old 09-24-2010, 08:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: HSPL unlock (CDMA) HAVE YOU RECENTLY UNLOCKED?

i got my brand new in box replacement 2 weeks ago from asurian. (sprint) unlocked online no issues. then flashed mister X hspl. mie came with sprint 6.5 on it. i will say mrs X hspl is stabler. it just doesnt have jump spl yet. so you still need olipros first.

mine came with 73 bootloader on it. no issues at all unlocker fyi

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 09-24-2010, 08:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
I'm out of this discussion at this point
Last Q: Did you hspl from stock ROM that came with your refurb or did you have to flash an older stock ROM?
Didn't have to do any ROM flashing, just simply downloaded the zip and went from there. Stock 6.5

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2