View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 06:25 AM
Israel
PPCGeeks Regular

Israel is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HSPL unlock (CDMA) HAVE YOU RECENTLY UNLOCKED?

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazardjoker View Post
in other words olinex is a piece of shi%...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
so you umm not allowed to talk that way here.... stop calling the people that gave you the ability to make changes to your phone for your personal preferences names...Unless i was to find out that my info was farmed out or stolen... that would be the only time I would have a tude...
By the time anyone would realize that their info was farmed out or stolen, it would be to late, as far as the victim is concerned. Once your info is out there, IT's out there for good and you have no recourse. There is a bit of leap of faith that something like this doesn't occur, and no one is immune to an unfortunate turn of events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
It is free, you don't have to provide your IMEI for the first unlock. Subsequent unlocks may require you to either contact them, or pay to unlock right away. There are two people running the site that has several different unlockers, and I'm sure that they have more important things going on than listening to you and likely hundreds of others complaining constantly. We're even lucky we got the HSPL to start with.

...where everyone would get one free unlock, and subsequent unlocks would be free only for a replacement device (or at least that is how it's supposed to work, but the system isn't perfect).
...trying to protect their hard work that they spent countless hours on of their own free time, along with who knows how many bricked devices and other sidetracked stuff, and a hosting server as well...
I can only speak for myself. And my position of being frustrated by the whole thing is the concept of "share ware" or "free ware" culture that this forum and many like it are all about. Their own words state that "it is FREE for private use." Yet they do not back up their claim.
If it is true they are so busy and realize that they cannot offer any support to free using people, then they should update their info and state that they will not offer any support, other than for paying customers. At least that way there wouldn't be as many misunderstandings, though some may still arise.

The point is that there should be clarity and "transparency" (They also claim "transparent" to describe how HSPL works), as to avoid confusion and to set more reasonable expectations to the users. There is no doubt that they have slacked off regarding this product, HSPL for TP2, and only they themselves can justify their actions and speak for themselves as to why they have dropped the ball on this issue. If it is cash they want for their HARD work, that is perfectly fine, so long as they are clear and upfront about it. Though for as long as I have been roaming around here in PPCGEEKS, I have not seen any member/user selling any software, cabs, mods, advice... at all. Many ask for donations and that is cool , but I have yet to see someone blatantly demanding payment in exchange for software, etc... before or, after first time use.