View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 09:33 PM
imnuts
VIP Member

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HSPL unlock (CDMA) HAVE YOU RECENTLY UNLOCKED?

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazardjoker View Post
what? they give you money for this scam??? tells all the user is a free application and now ask for your imei number and is a good person??? or you are they personal sox sucker? ask any one here how they feel, im the only one that feel this is a scam???? no ones maybe have the guts to tell other people how it feels but i have the guts and balls to do it, i feel this is a scam why ask for the imei now?? i dont need the sim unlocker i need the hard spl unlocker "free some time ago" if you dont have a solution or have any good to write about the problem please dont do that, im only telling all the people how i feel and im sure a looooooot of people around the forums feels the same way.
It is free, you don't have to provide your IMEI for the first unlock. Subsequent unlocks may require you to either contact them, or pay to unlock right away. There are two people running the site that has several different unlockers, and I'm sure that they have more important things going on than listening to you and likely hundreds of others complaining constantly. We're even lucky we got the HSPL to start with.

Any idea why they started the current system that was started with the TP2? I'm guessing you don't, along with several others here. Cmonex and Olipro (I think those are their usernames) are the two that provide the community with the HSPL unlockers for most WM devices that needed them. They had numerous issues with previous unlockers where people would unlock the device and charge for the unlocking service when the HSPL was free for all. There were also people that just renamed the file and started selling the file that countless hours were spent on. These people likely never returned any money to the people that provided the HSPL. To prevent future occurrences of this nature, they started a licensing system where everyone would get one free unlock, and subsequent unlocks would be free only for a replacement device (or at least that is how it's supposed to work, but the system isn't perfect). This would give most people what they needed, unlock their phone to flash custom ROMs, and anyone trying to start a business off of unlocking would be screwed, or at least have profit margins cut.

As far as I know, it almost wasn't released at all because people kept complaining constantly. Where is the HSPL? What's taking so long? and all sorts of stupid questions, not to mention several complaints from users on other things, and then you get topics like this with users such as yourself and others still complaining because someone is trying to protect their hard work that they spent countless hours on of their own free time, along with who knows how many bricked devices and other sidetracked stuff, and a hosting server as well. If you don't like it, write your own HSPL and get on with your life, otherwise, stop complaining. Have they been slow to respond to support requests? Yes, but that doesn't mean you can come on here and say their scamming people, extorting money and the like. Lets see anyone here complaining about it create their own unlocker, then maybe you'll understand why the system is as it is.
This post has been thanked 2 times.