PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New SERO Oct 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
"Forcing me to pay more WILL NOT MAKE SPRINT MORE MONEY IT WILL CAUSE ME TO CANCEL SERVICE ALL TOGETHER."
It will make Sprint more money. X people are paying $10 more because Sprint is forcing you to pay more. You can leave Sprint and 50 more people will may $10 more during that time it took you to leave Sprint.

X = current number of people paying $10 more by forcing you to pay more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
If an MVNO can offer nationwide talk text and web for $45 a month as a PREPAID PHONE then sprint sure as hell won't have a problem making money on ME at $42 a month and I DO NOT get unlimited minutes.
You can't get the latest and greatest phones on prepaid. If you want a cheap plan you get cheap phones on prepaid. Sprint is taking that idea with them to contract people too.

Last edited by rushco; 09-03-2010 at 06:24 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:50 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
This is a bunch of crap!

I went to McDonalds 10 years ago and bought a Quarter Pounder for less than $2. I go back today and it's almost $3! What the F%$k, McDonalds! You don't have the right to raise prices on me!

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 09-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff

Anyhow...
Old 09-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

your analogy is flawed. this would be like you having a SUBSCRIPTION to Big Mac's and one day you come in with a nice shiny new FORK to use to eat your big mac and McDonalds says sorry to use that fork to eat this sandwich you need to pay another $10 per month.

See how silly that sounds. Now you know why sprint is making me mad. I actually wanted a pixie (small candy bar phone my favorite kind) which is far far LESS capable a phone than my TP2 and technologically as far as SPRINT is concerned NO DIFFERENT.

Let me repeat this again. The price you pay sprint has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE HUNK OF SILICON AND PLASTIC IN YOUR HANDS.

it has to do with the SERVICE that hunk of plastic ACCESSES. Your paying for a SERVICE NOT A DEVICE.

this is no different than a new "CAR" coming out on the market and the local SHELL stations decides that even though the GAS is exactly the same we are going to charge you MORE to use our gas in that new car.

both are lunacy.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

milkycoins is just getting started

So since I have had the TP2 for only one year now, does that mean that starting October 1st I will be able to get the upgrade price when getting one of these phones ? Or will I have to pay full price?
Old 09-03-2010, 10:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2

oppman is becoming a great contributor
Talking Re: New SERO Oct 1st

I JUST GOT OFF the phone with Sprint and YES its possible to change from
SERO F&F 1250 -->$49.99 TO a SERO F&F 500 --> $30.00 I just did it.
No problems at all on the call, no need to beg or anything. I had this question and so did others.

The Sprint Rep also confirmed that on Oct first when the new plan goes into effect I will have the choice to go for EITHER the EVO or the EPIC for an additional $20 dollars ( $10 for 4g , $10 for android).... So I will be back were I was- $50 dollars a month. The rep also confirmed that the new plan will have 1- unlimited mobile to ANY mobile minutes 2-the same 500 any times minutes ( for Land lines) 3- nights and weekends starting at my current 7 pm.4- 4G unlimited internet 5- Unlimited Picture mails and text messages

I don't know about you guys but I rarely call anyone that doesn't have a Mobile.. 500 minutes is more than plenty for calling landlines..

There is NO reason anyone on the SERO should complain about the $10 extra bucks... $50 dollars a months is still the BEST deal around PERIOD.

I also have the "Save $150 on a new phone now! We love you, and to say thanks for spending time with us, you qualified on 02/01/10 to save $150." On my account So maybe when I update the account I might be able to get that off the EVO OR EPIC.... Wouldn't that be sweet!!!!

Last edited by oppman; 09-03-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

you had the save $150 on a new phone anyway. My sister and my co worker have BOTH upgraded their phones NOT ONLY did they get full upgrade discounts but NO mail in rebate they applied it instantly. We did not even ask for it. The rep just said hey goto this site order the phone no shipping no activation and instant rebate (she had to do that manually) she gave me her mail and code and walked me through it. and we did not even ask for it.

Thats nothing new. I personally have never used an upgrade simply because I don't like 2 year contracts and the phone used is cheaper than the 1 year price.

I use at most 1-3 gigs of data a month so I know I have never cost sprint anything and I might use 200 minutes a month 300-400 night and weekend tops.

"There is NO reason anyone on the SERO should complain about the $10 extra bucks... $50 dollars a months is still the BEST deal around PERIOD."

I just do not know how to logically reply to that. You would WILLINGLY pay $20 more for NOTHING just "because" its still a good deal? to me $2400 every decade for nothing is NOT a good deal.

what happens in 2 years when ANOTHER new batch of cool phones comes out and sprint does the same thing. OH its another $20 for you sero folks if you want THESE new phones.

its not right. Its just that simple.

if the tech was GENUINELY different. For example going from 1xrtt to 3g (power vision) OK that is a GENUINE difference and there was no easy way to DISABLE 3G for plans that did not have 3g.

I could understand that.

with this 90% of the blacklisted phones DO NOT EVEN DO 4g. they are doing it for one reason only. The phones are cool so thats a reason to screw people over.

NO different than thats a cool new car so you have to pay more for the SAME GASOLINE as everyone else logic.

so answer me this.

gas station. he is 30% cheaper than anyone else in town.

but he insists because you have a NEW car you must pay 20% cents MORE than everyone else pays (still 10% cheaper than anyone else in town)

would you stand for that? would you accept that? the gas is not different. JUST your car is different.

Last edited by nerys; 09-03-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

Gorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

nerys, we get it, we really do - you are very upset that Sprint would make you pay $20 a month if you CHOOSE to upgrade your phone instead of keeping what you have now. It was pointed out several times that it would be your choice, Sprint is not forcing you to do anything - so just let it go. Or start a petition but I am not sure how much support you'll get.

For the record - I am on SERO $49 plan and I am looking forward to giving Sprint $20 extra in October so I can choose to upgrade my phone. Sprint was great to me and I am happy to pay a fair (and best around) price for great service.

Take a chill pill, have a beer, smoke some ganga or something - life is too short to type that much to get your point across
Old 09-04-2010, 01:06 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
You can't expect prices to stay the same. Sprints contract states that they can discontinue any plan they currently have. Let's be glad they just don't tell us "we are canceling all sero accounts". $10 extra is not bad at all to pay to have an android phone and anytime any mobile plus unlimited tv and navigation. If you don't like it then find another service that offers all those features for a lower price. Oh yeah, no one else can beat that price. Stop the complaining. If you really feel cheated then file a report with the appropriate consumer agencies.
I was on sero and I switched to the everything data family plan with 5 lines and 20% work discount. It only costs me 32.79 per line. There are plenty of ways to save money. If you still don't like that then stick with the $30 sero and hopefully wp7 will be allowed without having to pay extra since window phones are attached to sero, as long as it's not a 4g phone.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2010, 01:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

beserker15 is becoming a great contributor

The gas analogy isn't really the same. It's more like everyone paid $30 to fill up their gas tanks. Back when SERO was started 3-4 years ago, most phones were dumb phones, some were feature phones, and even the Windows Mobile phones then sucked. It's like everyone were driving hybrids, very gas effecient. Then as the years progresses, everyone started to upgrade to bigass hummers. However, since Windows Mobile phones back then were accepted, they couldn't really justify pissing off their customers by denying Windows Phones...so think of our TP2's as a hummer in the disguise of a hybrid. All of the phones they block off (besides the Instinct series) can be very data intensive.

Other companies charge $10 data for feature phones and $30 for smartphone data...that $20 difference is essentially what we are upgrading to in this case, the use of a full fledge data intensive device...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2