PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2010, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

blackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New SERO Oct 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
He didn't say that, he said for 500 minutes it seemed expensive. I remember being on a T-mobile plan for 1000 minutes and N&W for $39. Less if you applied corporate discounts if I recall correctly (I think my friend had a fireman's discount, brought the bill down to something like $35 for 1000 minutes). Pre-Cingular AT&T has similar advertised plans as well. Granted, it didn't have data, etc, but if minutes are your concern, 500 is really small.

My wife, for example, doesn't care about data, she just wants to be on the same network I am, so the cheapest option was SERO. Its a waste because she'd rather have more minutes than data and pic messaging, but such is life. It sure beats paying for cross-network calls in the days before any mobile anytime.

Actually, once you have more than one line on SERO, it really DOES add up pretty quickly. I had 2 lines on T-mobile with 800 shared minutes, data on my line only, and after taxes our bill was $65 a month. We switched to Sprint because of the horrible coverage of the big pink T, and lack of 3G at the time. Now our monthly bill is $70 at least, sometimes a bit more after taxes.

I'm not complaining, I think its a great deal what I have now, and I would agree that it would be nearly impossible to beat it elsewhere. However, it really bugs me when people treat SERO pricing like we're ripping off the cellular company. I guarantee they are still turning a profit.
If SERO's $30 included ONLY 500 minutes, it *could* be considered expensive, especially considering you could do better with pre-paid; however, $30 INCLUDING unlim text and internet? Its a friggin steal. Whether you use it or not is a little bit of a moot point. It's part of the package.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ToUCHPRo 2
Carrier: sprint

dubmang is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to dubmang Send a message via Yahoo to dubmang

WAIT NOW JUST A MINUTE!!

.. those of us with sero plans get free sprint tv? does it have to specifically say that in the plan details? because my just says 500min and UNLMINTED everything else... i know it seems useless to most with modded tp2's, but mines not and i could make use of it.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

beserker15 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardog View Post
similar to the buffet, my unlimited plan actually has a limit, one month + the speed of 3g. If someone can eat 50 plates in a restaurant, it may hurt the bottom line of the buffet, but that's already covered in the price. The buffet already factors in the average consumption and guesses the price to make a nice profit.

the same can be said with sprint.
Yeah, like anyone offering an "unlimited" service, the company has to guess the average consumption to determine a price. Which about 4 years ago seems like $30 is best. However, the average consumption is slowly rising with phones nowadays, and iconic phones would boost it further. The same nice profit might not be so nice anymore. I don't know about infrastructure maintenance costs but other things like tower rentals and building towers should increase with new users and old users consuming more than before.

Any of this at the moment is also a moot point for me as well because the only phones that are good upgrades are 4G and I also have no use for 4G. If next year or two years from now Sprint releases a better iconic phone without 4G, then I'll probably use the $10 plan upgrade. 4G wimax was probably a bad idea to invest in on Sprint's part...but since they took that risk they'll need to find funds for it or risk further losses with a half-assed 4G coverage and eventually drop it all together.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:25 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I'm surprised the mods have not moved this thread to the off topic section. Or better yet to the carrier discussion section.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 09-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

Yeah, surprisingly, there is already a few threads in the carrier forum talking about SEROs. I think they all 3 should be merged. I am watching all 4 threads, and I am starting to loose track.. LOL
Some of these replies are just downright funny to read :O

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 09-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary
I'm surprised the mods have not moved this thread to the off topic section. Or better yet to the carrier discussion section.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
I'll be surprised if a mod doesn't close this down with the way it's been going lately with all the argueing.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:44 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubmang View Post
WAIT NOW JUST A MINUTE!!

.. those of us with sero plans get free sprint tv? does it have to specifically say that in the plan details? because my just says 500min and UNLMINTED everything else... i know it seems useless to most with modded tp2's, but mines not and i could make use of it.
I just checked and I still get free Sprint TV. Just watched part of The Office on my phone.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

delfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good work

If I were you I would wait until the next year to get a new smartphone. Samsung just released their dualcore Orion processor this morning. Combined with their gen 5.5 oled that's also coming up, I say TP2 will be enough for me to get by till the Q1 next year hehe
Old 09-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

i agree with delfin above, with my TP2 running stable at 787Mhz for the last couple of weeks i think i will wait till next year for new generation of dual-core smartphones. Also i might be able to avoid the pesky $10 4G fee as 3G will be gradually faded out

When you can tether for free?: D
Old 09-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I wouldn't count on the $10 4G fee ever being phased out. If anything, I'd think it would slowly get phased in to a new generation of data plans that cost more than the current group. There's also a lot of talk about doing away with unlimited plans altogether and going to bucket-style or tiered pricing.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2