beserker15
N00b

beserker15 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New SERO Oct 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardog View Post
similar to the buffet, my unlimited plan actually has a limit, one month + the speed of 3g. If someone can eat 50 plates in a restaurant, it may hurt the bottom line of the buffet, but that's already covered in the price. The buffet already factors in the average consumption and guesses the price to make a nice profit.

the same can be said with sprint.
Yeah, like anyone offering an "unlimited" service, the company has to guess the average consumption to determine a price. Which about 4 years ago seems like $30 is best. However, the average consumption is slowly rising with phones nowadays, and iconic phones would boost it further. The same nice profit might not be so nice anymore. I don't know about infrastructure maintenance costs but other things like tower rentals and building towers should increase with new users and old users consuming more than before.

Any of this at the moment is also a moot point for me as well because the only phones that are good upgrades are 4G and I also have no use for 4G. If next year or two years from now Sprint releases a better iconic phone without 4G, then I'll probably use the $10 plan upgrade. 4G wimax was probably a bad idea to invest in on Sprint's part...but since they took that risk they'll need to find funds for it or risk further losses with a half-assed 4G coverage and eventually drop it all together.