PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New SERO Oct 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by my pants are tight View Post
I don't feel sorry for the majority of SERO customers. I have a $30 line for my mom on SERO. I have a grandfathered free & clear plan with a TouchPro2. A lot of the SERO customers are people with entitlement issues who found out about SERO o Slickdeals.net

They try multiple devices and return them and hassle Sprint for credits upgrades and stuff I can't even imagine.

Sprint has the worst customer service in the industry. I have been a Sprint customer for 9.5 years. They gave away the kitchen sink to keep me. It's like a bad marriage, I get too many benefits to file for divorce.

Once a plan is eliminated, it becomes grandfathered. Sprint can write whatever they want in their contracts. The government makes the final decision. In the case of Sprint, they are doing a classic bait and switch routine with SERO, Free & Clear and Fair & Flexible users.

It violates anti trust laws to offer a rate plan only to later cancel it by eliminating the plan by forcing customers to upgrade to a new plan to obtain new devices. Android is a free OS compared to windows mobile or the Palm OS. This brings the costs of phones down, not up. Squeezing out customers by eliminating phone upgrade options works for dumb customers.

I know exactly how to stop this practice by Sprint. I would give a detailed course of action but I do not support the strong arm tactics of many of the self entitled SERO users.

I will simply say that just because a company changes the rules does not make it legal because they say it is. The federal government makes and interprets the rules, just ask Roger Clemons. The long arm of the law when visible is swift and without flexibility in this country.
So you sign a 2 year contract with Sprint. At the end of that contract, they no longer have the same contract available, but let you go on month to month at the same rate. No where in the contract that both you and sprint are no longer bound to, does it state that Sprint must offer a certain number or quality of smartphones.

So how exactly is this a bait and switch?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:10 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
What entitles you to SERO for life? Your contract has expired after 2 years and Sprint can end your SERO service at ANY TIME, since they are no longer under a contract to provide you those services and they do not allow new contracts to be signed at the same rate. You sound like some sort of extreme progressive ranting about corrupt corporations and your idea to write to the BBB about this is both humorous and childish. Sprint owes you NOTHING, but they are first of all letting people past contract on SERO maintain their amazing rates, as WELL as offering these people an upgrade path that is EXTREMELY fair. Again, what happens when your TP2 dies and there are no more used ones to fill your plan with? Get a new plan. Sprint doesn't owe it to you to give you service for the rest of your natural life at 30 dollars a month, all the while heaping new technologies and services on top for free.

Edit: I bet you would be super fun at parties ranting about how McDonalds used to offer BBQ and Honey Mustard sauces for free when you ordered chicken nuggets, but now those corrupt corporate overlords are demanding you pay them 10 cents a piece.
whoa! stop making so much sense there. your going to cause heads to explode with rational thinking like that!

Old 09-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I am entitled to what I paid for. What I paid for was a $42 a month service that I can use any TECH compatible phone with.

Sprint is taking that away without cause.

The fact that you consider this to be me having entitlement issues is ing and scary.

MPAT - while it is interesting that you feel that way about sero customers (how are we different than any other customer?)

besides that animosity you have you are 100% correct

So let me ask all you guys this.

Lets say your paying for your nice expensive $69.99 plan and 3 years from now the "normal" price for this service some how becomes $99.99

sprint decides to FORCE people to goto the $99.99 plan by making all NEW PHONES that are cool and desirable unavailable to anyone on the $69.99 plan "just because" not because they are tech incompatible.

Will you then proclaim that those $69 accounts are whiners and have entitlement issues? how would it be ANY different.

Sprint made an offer and then wants to renig on that offer and so takes actions that are without cause to FORCE people to change.

again if sprint was DROPPING all 1x and 3g service and switching wholesale to 4g and decided this new network costs more.

OK thats fine. I could understand that. Sprint does not "owe me" access to the new network.

That is not the case here. They are doing this for ONE REASON. to force people to give up their grandfathered accounts without cause.

you can scream moan and proclaim and decree all you want we are whiners and have entitlement issues but it does not change this is WRONG.

Period
Old 09-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

"So you sign a 2 year contract with Sprint. At the end of that contract, they no longer have the same contract available, but let you go on month to month at the same rate. No where in the contract that both you and sprint are no longer bound to, does it state that Sprint must offer a certain number or quality of smartphones.

So how exactly is this a bait and switch? "

Your contract is NOT OVER when the 2 years is up.

your OBLIGATION not to cancel without penalty is up. THATS IT. your "contract" continues in perpetuity until sprint or you cancel it.

If sprint wholesale canceled all these accounts the backlash would be non survivable both publicly and legally (even though I actually think that IS ok for them to do they DO have that option even though it would be foolish)

The problem is sprint ALSO knows its a bad idea to do this. SO they are trying to back door cancel our accounts.

Again if they had JUST made this a if you upgrade then we can change the terms it would be FINE. but they made it UNIVERSAL that even if you do not upgrade if you just do an ESN change you still are forced to upgrade.

that is the problem. its unethical.

the CORRECT decision for sprint is either to cancel them all or LIVE WITH THEIR AGREEMENTS AS IS.

this includes letting people use 4g phones that ALSO STILL have 3g Radios (ie the excuse that you designed it so you can not disable 4g is not valid) since they are still TECH COMPATIBLE.

if they make a 4g phone with NO 3g radio OK now you have a claim to exclude those phones. just like a 1x customer can not upgrade to a 3g phone without a change in contract.

Sprint is greedy. They don't want the backlash of cancellations wholesale AND they do not want to just LIVE with it.

you see the problem is sprint is thinking LONG TERM. they realize if they can set this precedent that they can do this then they can KEEP doing it whenever the current set of terms they have no longer suits them and minimize the backlash.

that should not be legal and in fact if anyone actually could afford to take this to court I am actually pretty confident sprint would LOSE in a court of law.

sprint could very easily have handled this much better

if you want to keep you existing account fine but we won't help you pay for the phone. you have to buy it yourself. if you want us to help you pay for the phone we need to change the terms of our agreement pay us another $10 a month and we will help pay for the new phone (a stupid idea if you have out plans but at least THAT path would be FAIR and ETHICAL)

I bet 75% of sero customers would willing upgrade save $300 or more dollars (if sprint was SMART they would make the sub BIG to entice people to do this)

and only a tiny fraction of people would say no thanks and buy the phones outright.

that would have been the SMART move. but noo they had to be greedy.

Last edited by nerys; 09-09-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
I am entitled to what I paid for. What I paid for was a $42 a month service that I can use any TECH compatible phone with.

Sprint is taking that away without cause.

The fact that you consider this to be me having entitlement issues is ing and scary.

MPAT - while it is interesting that you feel that way about sero customers (how are we different than any other customer?)

besides that animosity you have you are 100% correct

So let me ask all you guys this.

Lets say your paying for your nice expensive $69.99 plan and 3 years from now the "normal" price for this service some how becomes $99.99

sprint decides to FORCE people to goto the $99.99 plan by making all NEW PHONES that are cool and desirable unavailable to anyone on the $69.99 plan "just because" not because they are tech incompatible.

Will you then proclaim that those $69 accounts are whiners and have entitlement issues? how would it be ANY different.

Sprint made an offer and then wants to renig on that offer and so takes actions that are without cause to FORCE people to change.

again if sprint was DROPPING all 1x and 3g service and switching wholesale to 4g and decided this new network costs more.

OK thats fine. I could understand that. Sprint does not "owe me" access to the new network.

That is not the case here. They are doing this for ONE REASON. to force people to give up their grandfathered accounts without cause.

you can scream moan and proclaim and decree all you want we are whiners and have entitlement issues but it does not change this is WRONG.

Period
Is there any reason every sentence has to be like its own paragraph when you write?

No, you never signed a contract that said ANY tech compatible phone must be allowed on SERO, and even if the contract DID say that, which it doesn't, you are most likely out of contract, so Sprint could cancel your service effective immediately if they want. They owe you NOTHING. Two parties signed a contract. Each lived up to their end of the contract IN FULL. Past that, both you and Sprint can terminate involvement at any time.

You just love making scenarios don't you. If the people signed a 3 year contract for 69.99 with sprint, and both parties fulfilled that contract, then at the end of the contract, Sprint is within their rights to offer a nicer, newer phone at the increased rate of 99.99. The customer then has to make a choice, to either keep their 70 dollar plan and the old phone, or upgrade to a newer and better phone for 100 dollars a month. How is this hard to understand? We don't live in some communist regime where the government dictates to companies what they can sell and for how much. If you don't like the company you are involved with, CHOOSE a different company.

You do understand how contracts work right? Ever sign up with a cable company where for a year they offer you service at like 30 dollars a month, and then at the end of that contract if you want to continue service its like 60 dollars a month if you want to sign up again because you are no longer a new subscriber? Its pretty common.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

"You do understand how contracts work right? Ever sign up with a cable company where for a year they offer you service at like 30 dollars a month, and then at the end of that contract if you want to continue service its like 60 dollars a month if you want to sign up again because you are no longer a new subscriber? Its pretty common. "

This makes it pretty clear you have NOT read many contracts and are clueless about them in general.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
"You do understand how contracts work right? Ever sign up with a cable company where for a year they offer you service at like 30 dollars a month, and then at the end of that contract if you want to continue service its like 60 dollars a month if you want to sign up again because you are no longer a new subscriber? Its pretty common. "

This makes it pretty clear you have NOT read many contracts and are clueless about them in general.
Still waiting for you to post the relevant passage in the contract you signed that states you are entitled to ANY phone sprint offers for the rest of time at the SERO rate. Without providing that, you are arguing that Sprint should go above and beyond their contract. You have been able to for a while get any phone sprint offered, and now that you can't you are raising a fit and saying its unethical.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:59 PM

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
Is there any reason every sentence has to be like its own paragraph when you write?

No, you never signed a contract that said ANY tech compatible phone must be allowed on SERO, and even if the contract DID say that, which it doesn't, you are most likely out of contract, so Sprint could cancel your service effective immediately if they want. They owe you NOTHING. Two parties signed a contract. Each lived up to their end of the contract IN FULL. Past that, both you and Sprint can terminate involvement at any time.

You just love making scenarios don't you. If the people signed a 3 year contract for 69.99 with sprint, and both parties fulfilled that contract, then at the end of the contract, Sprint is within their rights to offer a nicer, newer phone at the increased rate of 99.99. The customer then has to make a choice, to either keep their 70 dollar plan and the old phone, or upgrade to a newer and better phone for 100 dollars a month. How is this hard to understand? We don't live in some communist regime where the government dictates to companies what they can sell and for how much. If you don't like the company you are involved with, CHOOSE a different company.

You do understand how contracts work right? Ever sign up with a cable company where for a year they offer you service at like 30 dollars a month, and then at the end of that contract if you want to continue service its like 60 dollars a month if you want to sign up again because you are no longer a new subscriber? Its pretty common.
ive already watched this play out 3 times in 10 pages. they wont choose a different company because they KNOW sprint is STILL going to be cheaper.

about the cable company they are going to say "you knew when you signed the deal that it was a temporary rate and was going to go up sooner or later." you just cant argue with most of these people. (well you can argue, but you wont get anywhere. to quote mojary, you cnat argue with stupid people. first they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.)

do yall realize the guy your arguing with is the same guy who was trying to make this exact same argument over in the sim unlocker thread.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=93865&page=37

who can blame them though. sero spoils people.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

and where exactly might the ESN change policy be in the contract? I don't think it is even their and where would I even find an unaltered original copy of the contract I signed?
Old 09-09-2010, 10:10 PM

i dont know where to find an original sero contract, but i nave my original terms and conditions paperwork, and it includes 3 different clauses about arbitration and lawsuits. basically says you cant sue sprint and they cant sue you. complain all day to the bbb, i just hope you dont think you can take this to court.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2