PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

robbierob03 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New SERO Oct 1st

And it just became official folks (taken from SD - Thanks Captain!):

Sep 3, 2010
New options for SERO plan customers
Over the last few weeks there’s been some buzz in the blogosphere about changes to Sprint’s SERO plan. Currently the SERO plan doesn’t support a lot of the more advanced devices like the Samsung Moment, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, Palm Pixi, HTC EVO 4G or Samsung Epic 4G.

That’s about to change. Starting 10/1/10, current SERO customers will have the option to upgrade to a SERO Premium rate plan which will support all of Sprint’s phones including the latest and coolest ones. There will be two flavors offered: the SERO Premium 500 at $40/month and SERO Premium 1250 at $59.99/month and will match current SERO rate plans with two added features: Any Mobile Anytime and Unlimited GPS Navigation. 4G handsets such as HTC EVO 4G and Samsung Epic 4G will also require the $10/month Premium Data add-on.

Check out the FAQs for more information: http://www.sprint.com/everythingplus.
Source:http://community.sprint.com/baw/thre...C3E0.app1jive1
Old 09-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

sorry the epic is just not worth an extra $2400 to sprint for giving me NOTHING extra service wise (their navigation is useless especially on android phones which allow you to use google navigation) and I have no need for any mobile. I never go over my 500 minutes as it is. ($2400 is what this ransom will cost you over the next 10 years)

now if they let you disable 4G and not pay the $10 4G blackmail charge I might take a shot at this plan since I could drop my $5 pick 3 so my plan would only go up $5 which is worth it for the any mobile even if I don't use it much.

but no way will I pay $10 and $10 just to have access to a piece of hardware that does NOTHING MORE than my TP2 does.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:21 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
I'm going to agree it may not be worth it now, but Windows Phone 7 is calling my name!
Old 09-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I can not think of anything windows phone 7 can do to be worth $2400 every 10 years FOREVER.

I also love it when people say stop whining the cake ride is over etc.. etc..

ahh I did not steal this account. I did not "trick" sprint into giving me this account. I did not even ASK sprint for this account. THEY OFFERED IT TO ME publicly in the open. they said HEY check out this plan want it?

I said YES. now sprint wants to renig on that and "alter" the rules to try and force me out of it. That is not right and that should not be allowed ethically or legally.

If they can not profit from the account THEY OFFERED ME then they should not have offered it.

Want to encourage people to upgrade? fine I have no problem with that but when you say EVEN IF YOU BUY THE HARDWARE YOURSELF you still need to upgrade thats borderline criminal to me and outright unethical.

Last edited by nerys; 09-03-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

miediev is a n00b

+$10 yes but i'm not happy, +$20 no & fvck off. Its that simple. I don't need your theoretical 10mb.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff

What's going to happen when Asurion no longer has the touch pro 2 in stock? Will we have the option upgrade to a better phone with no plan change or will we be forced to change our plan?
Old 09-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

You will be told tough cookies. Upgrade or don't get the phone replaced with equal or better version. That is exactly what will happen.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

chardog is keeping up the good workchardog is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
I also love it when people say stop whining the cake ride is over etc.. etc..

ahh I did not steal this account. I did not "trick" sprint into giving me this account. I did not even ASK sprint for this account. THEY OFFERED IT TO ME publicly in the open. they said HEY check out this plan want it?

I said YES. now sprint wants to renig on that and "alter" the rules to try and force me out of it. That is not right and that should not be allowed ethically or legally.

If they can not profit from the account THEY OFFERED ME then they should not have offered it.

Want to encourage people to upgrade? fine I have no problem with that but when you say EVEN IF YOU BUY THE HARDWARE YOURSELF you still need to upgrade thats borderline criminal to me and outright unethical.
I agree. I cant believe people advocate to pay more money for a plan. Fact of the matter is that the phone business has been hosing americans for a long time now. with a good data network, we shouldnt even need to pay much for a data transfer.

our technology is at a point where we should be able to call at near free prices. We just pay a bunch of overhead to keep these companies thriving and for their support.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

its because they are exactly what sprint was targeting. People desperate to get the newer phone sprint knows it so they are holding a carrot up in the air and a knife down below and saying you can have the carrot but the knife comes with it.

No our tech is not at that point yet chardog. it still takes a massive infrastructure to keep all this going and to provide the manpower for it.

my problem is sprint wants me to pay more but does not want to GIVE ME ANYTHING FOR the higher cost.

You say but they are giving you an epic. NO they are not. I am BUYING an epic. I am giving that to myself. Not sprint. sprint is a SERVICE provider. what SERVICE are they giving me to justify $2400 a decade forever? Nothing.

Wait they are giving you any mobile. Useless. I get 7-7 N&W and I already have pick 3 and other sprint phones are already free. anymobile is a gimmick nothing more you don't actually GET anything from it.

Wait they are giving you Sprint Navigation. OFF COURSE they are seeing as how the only phones effected by this change are also the only phones that have ABSOLUTELY NO NEED for sprint navigation and where sprint nav is INFERIOR to the alternatives.

so again they give you nothing.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

MinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
its because they are exactly what sprint was targeting. People desperate to get the newer phone sprint knows it so they are holding a carrot up in the air and a knife down below and saying you can have the carrot but the knife comes with it.

No our tech is not at that point yet chardog. it still takes a massive infrastructure to keep all this going and to provide the manpower for it.

my problem is sprint wants me to pay more but does not want to GIVE ME ANYTHING FOR the higher cost.

You say but they are giving you an epic. NO they are not. I am BUYING an epic. I am giving that to myself. Not sprint. sprint is a SERVICE provider. what SERVICE are they giving me to justify $2400 a decade forever? Nothing.

Wait they are giving you any mobile. Useless. I get 7-7 N&W and I already have pick 3 and other sprint phones are already free. anymobile is a gimmick nothing more you don't actually GET anything from it.

Wait they are giving you Sprint Navigation. OFF COURSE they are seeing as how the only phones effected by this change are also the only phones that have ABSOLUTELY NO NEED for sprint navigation and where sprint nav is INFERIOR to the alternatives.

so again they give you nothing.
WOW

I'm sure building networks or employing people are free?

Why dont you shove it to sprint and leave your sero plan and get service with another provider....
then you can pay $25000 more over the next 100 years....

No where in your contract did they say they include every device as an option for you to use nor did it say that if they upgraded their network that you would be entitled to that for free....

BTW what fortune 500 company are you a CEO for again?

IMO I'm happy since at any time Sprint could of ended my sero plan as soon as the contract ran out.....
$10 more or even $20 if I want a 4g device and I still pay less than what I'd pay for postpaid service here in the states from any provider

Last edited by MinLo; 09-03-2010 at 03:56 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2