PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New SERO Oct 1st

you know people like you defy reasoning. I am not trying to insult or attack you. I am being serious. I am paying sprint ~$505.56 per year. I have been paying them that much or MORE for over 15 years. I have paid close to $9,000 to sprint in that time and I have never once used a "phone upgrade" Except for my first 2 years with sprint and my first 2 years with sero I have been OOC for 12 of those years. I stay willingly and I pay for my own phones full price.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that it costs them more to service me NOW than it did 15 years ago? 10 years ago? 5 years ago? are you ACTUALLY trying to logically justify that?

If they want to say HEY we have this new 4g thing do you want it yes or no? sure ok thats fine. thats not what they are doing this. how do I know? because you have to pay the $10 EVEN IF YOU HAVE NO 4G.

its just for the "phone technology" please explain to me what HTC's phone technology has to do with SPRINT's Budget?

We are not talking about sprint saying OK you want me to subsidize this $450 phone for you we need something in return. NO that is not what we are talking about.

Sprint is saying even if I go out and pay $450 FULL PRICE for the phone and get ZERO INCREASE in the service sprint provides me over what I already have right now that this somehow justifies them in charging me an extra $20

what planet were you born on? seriously? HOW can you possibly justify this? or is this one of those I don't have this great plan so I have NO sympathy for you with that plan and in fact it makes sense to me because how dare you get a better deal than me you should be punished so I don't feel so bad paying more crap?

really?
Old 09-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

now, now..

Lets move on. YES, sero users are cheap. Sometimes cheap is smarter. That's what led us to this great plan which sprint offered us. Let the sero bashers find another thread and stop being jealous.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

MinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
you know people like you defy reasoning. I am not trying to insult or attack you. I am being serious. I am paying sprint ~$505.56 per year. I have been paying them that much or MORE for over 15 years. I have paid close to $9,000 to sprint in that time and I have never once used a "phone upgrade" Except for my first 2 years with sprint and my first 2 years with sero I have been OOC for 12 of those years. I stay willingly and I pay for my own phones full price.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that it costs them more to service me NOW than it did 15 years ago? 10 years ago? 5 years ago? are you ACTUALLY trying to logically justify that?

If they want to say HEY we have this new 4g thing do you want it yes or no? sure ok thats fine. thats not what they are doing this. how do I know? because you have to pay the $10 EVEN IF YOU HAVE NO 4G.

its just for the "phone technology" please explain to me what HTC's phone technology has to do with SPRINT's Budget?

We are not talking about sprint saying OK you want me to subsidize this $450 phone for you we need something in return. NO that is not what we are talking about.

Sprint is saying even if I go out and pay $450 FULL PRICE for the phone and get ZERO INCREASE in the service sprint provides me over what I already have right now that this somehow justifies them in charging me an extra $20

what planet were you born on? seriously? HOW can you possibly justify this? or is this one of those I don't have this great plan so I have NO sympathy for you with that plan and in fact it makes sense to me because how dare you get a better deal than me you should be punished so I don't feel so bad paying more crap?

really?
Your $505 is a week take home check for 1 employee btw and just alone in 15 years that has changed....

As far as inflation in the last 15 years is another factor....

I understand your frustration but your frustrated because you want Sprint to make their rules based around you and not based on a company that serves 50 mill +/-....

Sprint is barely surviving the last couple of years and they are trying to rebound instead of dissolving....

As far as my plan I have the same as you or possibly better so their is no jealousy on my part....

I come from planet Earth btw, third planet from the sun....
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

MinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdappcgeek View Post
now, now..

Lets move on. YES, sero users are cheap. Sometimes cheap is smarter. That's what led us to this great plan which sprint offered us. Let the sero bashers find another thread and stop being jealous.
I know I know I shouldn't be feeding his flame inside but I did because your supposed to stop a baby from crying when they are in distress so I tried to take it upon myself with my method....

Not a sero basher, I have 2 lines myself.....

Cheap is good but to complain when its cheap is unrealistic....
Now if its a legitimate complaint like your phone only working for 1 hr out of a day but its not.....
He isn't entitled to 4g phone for any reason nor will he die or become retarded if he doesn't receive a 4g phone while paying the same $30 that he has for 15 yrs....

As of right now with a TP2 and a Snap, I'm paying easily $50 less than what I'd be paying through any other carrier besides prepaid and flashing postpaid phones/or sim unlocking over to the network of the prepaid network

If I want an Evo or Epic, I'll still be paying less than most at Sprint and probably considerably less than any of the other carrier cousin phones....

Wether sprint charges 10 dollars for a premium phone experience is irrelevant, they make the rules on their service....

Last edited by MinLo; 09-03-2010 at 04:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinLo View Post
Your $505 is a week take home check for 1 employee btw and just alone in 15 years that has changed....

As far as inflation in the last 15 years is another factor....

I understand your frustration but your frustrated because you want Sprint to make their rules based around you and not based on a company that serves 50 mill +/-....

Sprint is barely surviving the last couple of years and they are trying to rebound instead of dissolving....

As far as my plan I have the same as you or possibly better so their is no jealousy on my part....

I come from planet Earth btw, third planet from the sun....
If everyone pays $70 for unlimited everything for 1 person and then have family plans Sprint will be doing just fine. Instead they have people on all sorts of plan prices so some people pay $30 and some really low price then you have the people on the more expensive plans trying to help Sprint make money. If these people on really cheap plans get some stuff from Sprint for $10-$20 more a month they will make more money and won't have to raise their current prices.

If they keep losing customers and with the lowest plans around they won't have a future. We are slowly trying to kill Sprint so more people lose their job so we can save money.

I guess it is every person for their self now a days. Do what you gotta do to survive and believe in what you think and say.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

"I understand your frustration but your frustrated because you want Sprint to make their rules based around you and not based on a company that serves 50 mill +/-...."

50 MILLION you do the math.

I don't want sprint to make rules based around me. I want sprint to STOP CHANGING THE GOD DAMNED RULES INTENTIONALLY AGAINST ME.

When I signed on the terms were pretty simply. I could use ANY technology compatible phone. IE any power vision phone I wanted to.

Sanyo 8400 POWER VISION
Sanyo 1720 POWER VISION
Blackberry POWER VISION
PPC 6300 POWER VISION
8330 POWER VISION
Palm Pre POWER VISION
Pixie POWER VISION
Moment Hero POWER VISION
TP2 POWER VISION
EVO POWER VISION
EPIC POWER VISION

Where am I going wrong here? these are all technology compatible phones. Its not like sprint rolled out a nationwide 4g network and this phone only has 4g.

OH WAIT all but 2 of those phones (epic and evo) DO NOT EVEN DO 4g. they are nothing more than POWER VISION PHONES.

the only thing different is they are "NEW" they are "DESIRED" thats it. The service is not different. The tech is not different the usage is not different.

There is nothing different about those phones except they are NEW AND HOT.

yet sprint has decided to ALTER the rules and say OK these new hot phones YOU CAN NOT USE THEM.

not because they are incompatible
NOT because they cost sprint more (remember I am buying OUTRIGHT No subsidy)
NOT because they use more bandwidth. (they don't)

but JUST BECAUSE sprint decided they want to CHANGE THE RULES to blackmail users to paying more money for NOTHING.

so your saying they have MILLIONS of employee's? SO WHAT if what I pay is a week takehome for 1 employee. THATS A LOT OF MONEY.

Thats like opening an all you can eat buffet and complaining because go back for a second helping.

"Sprint is barely surviving the last couple of years and they are trying to rebound instead of dissolving"

How is that my problem? how does ATTACKING AND PUNISHING YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMER BASE DO ANYTHING TO HELP THEM.

Forcing me to pay more WILL NOT MAKE SPRINT MORE MONEY IT WILL CAUSE ME TO CANCEL SERVICE ALL TOGETHER.

What is so unclear about that? I WILL NEVER PAY $70 a month for telephone service. I am sorry its a LUXURY for me its not REQUIRED for my survival. ITS NOT WORTH THAT MUCH MONEY. PERIOD.

if you have the FORTUNE to be able to dump $70 a month into a luxury phone service GREAT go for it.

"If they keep losing customers and with the lowest plans around they won't have a future. We are slowly trying to kill Sprint so more people lose their job so we can save money."

that has got to be the most illogical thing I Have ever heard anyone say in this context. It absolutely positively makes ZERO SENSE AT ALL on any level.

When times are hard there is one thing you NEVER EVER DO. that is raise prices. IT CAN NOT WORK. EVER unless your an oil company or a tax collector and EVEN THAT inevitably MUST FAIL.

There are only TWO valid solution. ENCOURAGE people or LOWER prices. anything else and YOU DIE. its that simple as a company your DEAD.

You don't have to give away the farm for example sprint could easily say OK you want this Palm Pre or this Epic FINE but we won't subsidize it for you.

thats fine. I have no problem with that.

sprint made a DEAL with me. for them to renig on that deal is NOT ETHICAL. they sure as hell are not losing money on me. If an MVNO can offer nationwide talk text and web for $45 a month as a PREPAID PHONE then sprint sure as hell won't have a problem making money on ME at $42 a month and I DO NOT get unlimited minutes.

to say otherwise is lunacy and simply shows your clueless about this reality.

When you expand in this industry YOU DO NOT INCREASE THE COST to your existing customer base. YOU EXPAND YOUR CUSTOMER BASE.

50 MILLION customers. what was sprints income last year? you do the math. if they can not profit off 50 million monthly customers SOMETHING IS WRONG at sprint.

and sero is what 1% of their customer base? IF THAT ?

They should not be able to FORCE ME to pay more because I want to use higher technology that I pay for.

This is 100% NO different than the local shell gas station saying you with the metro you have to pay $4 a gallon instead of $2.25 a gallon because you go further per mile.

or you with the Lexus. you want to use that nicer car you need to pay MORE per gallon for the EXACT SAME GAS.

this is exactly what sprint is doing. Sprint no more helped me pay for my phone than shell helped that person buy a lexus. so WHY should they be able to profit more from it? how is that even legal?

Sometimes you people simply astound me.

and wages have NOT gone up. go check your history. wages are at an all time low especially when you add inflation into the equation. IE we are being paid LESS AND LESS.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff

moving on, moving on....
Old 09-03-2010, 05:38 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
you with the metro
WHAT?!?!?!....there are still metros out and about on our streets and freeways?!?!?!?!?!

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 09-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

hell yeah. I drive 40,000 or more miles a year. I typically spend $3800-$4000 a year in gasoline. Use to be $2500 a year but E10 added $1800 a year to my costs when all my vehicles lost 15% to 27% of their fuel economy on Ethanol. Grrrrr

I finally found a metro I could afford and on top of that an XFI !! I am currently averaging 52-54mpg and thats on this filth they call E10 I can hit 65mph on ACTUAL regular gasoline.

saves me straight up $200-$250 a month in gasoline. Plus is so stinking easy to repair I can do 100% of all work myself (so far)

My best MPG tank was a breatch shy of 59mpg (58.98mpg) and I did that at 70-75mph semi surfing
Old 09-03-2010, 06:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I don't want sprint to make rules based around me. I want sprint to STOP CHANGING THE GOD DAMNED RULES INTENTIONALLY AGAINST ME.
A little Schizophrenic perhaps.....Not tryihg to insult you but so you really think that they changing the rules intentionally against you????

Quote:
When I signed on the terms were pretty simply. I could use ANY technology compatible phone. IE any power vision phone I wanted to.
Wrong when you signed up they allowed you to pick any phone available at the time of the sign up with disclosures stating they could change terms at any time....

Quote:
OH WAIT all but 2 of those phones (epic and evo) DO NOT EVEN DO 4g. they are nothing more than POWER VISION PHONES.

the only thing different is they are "NEW" they are "DESIRED" thats it. The service is not different. The tech is not different the usage is not different.
Contradiction within back to back sentences....
Besides Sprint did their own lil study and found out supposedly that Android uses more data.....
The tech is very different from the assortmaent of phones that you listed off, hardware, operating sys's....etc etc

Quote:
yet sprint has decided to ALTER the rules and say OK these new hot phones YOU CAN NOT USE THEM.
Within your contract.....

Quote:
not because they are incompatible
NOT because they cost sprint more (remember I am buying OUTRIGHT No subsidy)
NOT because they use more bandwidth. (they don't)
Remember Sprint makes the rules not you, which you agreed to when you started a contract

Quote:
but JUST BECAUSE sprint decided they want to CHANGE THE RULES to blackmail users to paying more money for NOTHING.
If the evo or epic is nothing then why do you want to upgrade to it???
I'm confused /sarcasm

Quote:
so your saying they have MILLIONS of employee's? SO WHAT if what I pay is a week takehome for 1 employee. THATS A LOT OF MONEY.
If thats alot of money to you then you must live in someone's basement or something.....I make 500 a week and that doesn't cover rent for a full month

Quote:
Thats like opening an all you can eat buffet and complaining because go back for a second helping.
Ummm no unless when you paid for your all you can eat and agreed that if the buffet said that you could only eat one plate and you agreed

Quote:
"Sprint is barely surviving the last couple of years and they are trying to rebound instead of dissolving"

How is that my problem? how does ATTACKING AND PUNISHING YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMER BASE DO ANYTHING TO HELP THEM.

Forcing me to pay more WILL NOT MAKE SPRINT MORE MONEY IT WILL CAUSE ME TO CANCEL SERVICE ALL TOGETHER.

What is so unclear about that? I WILL NEVER PAY $70 a month for telephone service. I am sorry its a LUXURY for me its not REQUIRED for my survival. ITS NOT WORTH THAT MUCH MONEY. PERIOD.
Quit crying and leave Sprint then and get a landline basic package phone, that simple....
Besides you wouldn't be paying $70 to begin with so way to inflate a number...

Quote:
that has got to be the most illogical thing I Have ever heard anyone say in this context. It absolutely positively makes ZERO SENSE AT ALL on any level.
Quote:
This is more illogical

I could keep going but I'm not.....
WOw is all I got to say
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2