PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/19.916; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet2300
Is this thing for real? It's not some bogus rumor right?

I have done some debating and I can not justify losing my SERO. I don't care if my company pays, if I ever leave I don't want to be stuck paying 150$ a month for 2 freaking lines.

Looks like I may be cancelling my Epic reservation Unless I can test the phone for 30 days and return it without losing my plan? Anyone know?
Open a new line and test the phone.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Re: New SERO Oct 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet2300 View Post
Is this thing for real? It's not some bogus rumor right?

I have done some debating and I can not justify losing my SERO. I don't care if my company pays, if I ever leave I don't want to be stuck paying 150$ a month for 2 freaking lines.

Looks like I may be cancelling my Epic reservation Unless I can test the phone for 30 days and return it without losing my plan? Anyone know?
Bullet2300,
there have been alot of different confirmations on this rumor, which leads me personally to believe there is some weight to it. You only have about 5 weeks or so to wait, so why not hold onto the SERO until October? that's exactly what I am doing....just waiting these extra few weeks to see what they do about iconic devices and SERO. If it happens, I may pick one up. If not, I may check out the EPRP plans.

I also wouldn't try doing any plan changes at all since Sprint has been known to cancel SERO and not let you go back to it after plan changes.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 08-25-2010, 03:27 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0adam0o View Post
I would pay $10/mo more for an evo... but SERO users are looking at $20 more for an EVO. Sucks! Guess ill keep my TP2 longer....

Man there are some cheap mofos over here... $20????
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:29 PM
The EVO Guru

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0adam0o View Post
Ive played with the evo and compared it to my TP2 with MightyROM... IMHO its not worth paying $20 more a month ($240 more a year!) for a higher quality and more "stable" phone. More functionality is another thing.. but aside from a bigger screen and a solid OS.. i dont see any new functionality compared to mine. Dont want to go off topic, just giving my opinion.

You must've been using the demo model that doesnt actually work then.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Linux Administrator

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Man there are some cheap mofos over here... $20????
I know I am
Thats $240 per year just for having the privelage of using the 4G phones (which has no 4G coverage in my area). So, over a 2 year period you pay $480 bucks extra...which is like paying for the phone twice. Just doesnt make sense to me. Oh well, to each his own.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:33 PM
The EVO Guru

So in turn... you choose to keep an old phone until it falls apart rather than spend the same $20 a month that you probably blow on going out to get a meal? I guess *shrug*
Old 08-25-2010, 03:44 PM
Linux Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
So in turn... you choose to keep an old phone until it falls apart rather than spend the same $20 a month that you probably blow on going out to get a meal? I guess *shrug*
Well, not exactly.. I could put that money in a Roth IRA or a 401k and let it earn interest
Or, I could use that money to pay extra on my mortgage each month and save myself a little on interest fees,
Or I could put it towards my huge ass student loans I have been paying on.
Or, I could give it to my wife and let her get a manicure each month (a Happy wife is a happy life)
Or, I could donate the money to one of the Masonic Lodges I belong to (such as the Shriners)
Or, I could roll the $20 bill up and smoke it like the richers do,
Or,......

My point is, that for me, I just can't justify paying the extra fee's for a service thats not even available in my area (4G). I really don't mind paying the initial $10 extra on my SERO because it will add Sprint Navi, TV, and alot of other stuff I could actually use if I wanted to. But, to tack on an extra $10 on top of that just because the phone is "cool" just doesnt sit well with me. I guess its more of the principle of it.
Maybe when 4G comes in my area, I can justify paying that second $10 "coolness" fee since I would be able to actually use the 4G service.

But then again, I am just speaking for myself. Some folks dont mind paying the extra bucks to have the latest and greatest.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It's not about $20/mo to a lot of people.. to some, it's the fact that you're almost doubling your monthly plan price for way less than double-the-functionality.

People seem to forget that the TP2 is a pretty damn decent device. For me personally, and this may be the case with a bunch of users, the TP2 WM platform is much more functional than the Android devices I've tried so far. This is sure to change with the advent of more Android apps.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:22 PM
Linux Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
It's not about $20/mo to a lot of people.. to some, it's the fact that you're almost doubling your monthly plan price for way less than double-the-functionality.

People seem to forget that the TP2 is a pretty damn decent device. For me personally, and this may be the case with a bunch of users, the TP2 WM platform is much more functional than the Android devices I've tried so far. This is sure to change with the advent of more Android apps.
good point quick99si. I had to hit the "THANKS" button for you on that one.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bullet2300 is keeping up the good workbullet2300 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushco View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/19.916; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

Open a new line and test the phone.
Is it worth messing with though? I really don't want to deal with having two phones on me, etc. I think I am going to havvve to cancel. Sniff sniff.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2