View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 11:44 AM
quickstang
PPCGeeks Regular

quickstang is keeping up the good workquickstang is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New SERO Oct 1st

For those who dont read the everything else forums, I thought I would share my link.

http://www.phonenews.com/sprint-conf...changes-12268/

Sprint Confirms October 1st SERO Changes
  • Written by Humberto Saabedra on August 18, 2010
  • Sprint

Sprint representative RussMcGuire has confirmed on his personal blog that the changes allowing current smart devices on legacy SERO plans are indeed in the works and will be in place on October 1st, with those customers on non-SERO legacy plans such as Fair & Flexible at the mercy of a different internal group, with no confirmation on the availability of what is now known internally as the Iconic Devices Premium SERO plan for those customers still on those plans.
As previously reported by PhoneNews.com, the Iconic Devices Premium SERO plan will allow current SERO customers to upgrade to current Android and BlackBerry devices for an additional $10 monthly fee, with dual-mode 4G devices requiring another $10 fee. The first additional $10 fee covers the additions of Any Mobile Anytime, messaging, BIS for BlackBerry devices and navigation, while the second fee covers 4G access, making the monthly totals $40 and $50 respectively. Customers with BlackBerry devices already on the $40 SERO 500 plan will be automatically moved to the $40 SERO Iconic Devices plan with the aforementioned features.
Current customers that choose not to upgrade can remain with their current plans and devices, while those wanting to upgrade from older devices to BlackBerry, Android or Android+4G devices will be subject to the additional monthly fees in order to upgrade, with normal upgrade rules remaining in place.

What do you think?

I hope this pans out because I was about ready to switch as soon as the Galaxy came out. Glad I waited.
This post has been thanked 6 times.