PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 02:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

theevilshiftkey is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New SERO Oct 1st

This is great! It's a win/win for everybody who has a SERO plan. Pay a few bucks extra to get any phone, or just leave it alone and continue to milk the $30 plan. Sprint gets some extra cash (admit it, we've been lucky so far) and users get more options. Awesome.

I wonder how many SERO customers there are. Anybody know?
Old 08-19-2010, 02:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

gpshemi is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
I think the biggest thing about this is the fact we can get NEW up to date phones.
Again...why shouldn't I have been able to buy a phone at full price anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
Regardless of paying extra, it will be cheaper then I had originally planned.
Boy not me. When I signed up years ago I expected I'd be able to have whatever phones I wanted in the future so long as the usage was the same.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:14 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i think this is good for SERO customers who wants an iconic device to use for their SERO. i for one also has my tp2 on my SERO. not planning on jumping to any iconic device because my SERO line is just a backup line for me. i use it maybe for 5-10 minutes of data a month. with my tp2 being on it at $30/mo...why rock the boat? getting an android or 4g on my backup line is not feasible for me. it would cost me either an extra $120 or $240 each year for something i barely use except for emergency.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 08-19-2010, 02:27 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfin2003 View Post
$10 extra for 4G that is not available almost everywhere...how about they charge me 4G if I use it? I smell esn cloning coming soon to epic
SHHHHHHHH! "Dont talk about the No-Hitter" - some of you will get that lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshemi View Post
thats something i never understood really either... If they dont want SERO to buy a subsidized phone because they all ready get a super low plan.. i understand i suppose..

but your right, If one is willing to pay Full Retail for a device, it shouldve already been allowed on SERO..
Old 08-19-2010, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

delfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good work

All I really need to make myself happy again with my TP2 is for god damned Opera guys to release the final version of mini for WinMo since it's been in beta for like a year now...WTF!?!?!??!?!
Old 08-19-2010, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Threadstarter

quickstang is keeping up the good workquickstang is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshemi View Post

Boy not me. When I signed up years ago I expected I'd be able to have whatever phones I wanted in the future so long as the usage was the same.
If you have some of those questions, Russ McGuire does a pretty good job on his blog with answering people's questions on this kind of thing. I would say... Hey Russ... If I want to pay full price for my Epic when it comes out, why cant I keep my CURRENT SERO plan and then only pay $10 extra for the 4G.

See that's what I would like. The paying an extra $10 for a NEW phone is odd. When the TP2 came out it was a HOT new phone. So forget about a 4G phone, why not pay what we currently do for a new android phone that does NOT have 4G?

I think these questions would be interesting to ask Russ on his blog.

http://mcguireslaw.com/2009/07/24/ps...erything-plus/

Last edited by quickstang; 08-19-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:36 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
All I really need to make myself happy again with my TP2 is for god damned Opera guys to release the final version of mini for WinMo since it's been in beta for like a year now...WTF!?!?!??!?!
i know. talk about abandoned, right? they must have their sights set on other platforms.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Threadstarter

quickstang is keeping up the good workquickstang is keeping up the good work

Question on his blog...

Hi Russ,
Are either of the SERO up-charges ($10 or $10+10 for Evo) mandatory? Can I keep my current phone & SERO plan without adding these fees?

Ralph - great question. If you don’t currently have one of the iconic devices (and you shouldn’t), then, as I understand it, it’s purely optional whether or not you step up to the premium plans (with their choice of devices).

That's what Russ told that guy.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I spoke with an Employee care rep yesterday and she pretty much repeated everything that has been mentioned in this thread, but also added that they're doing away with the "bucket minutes" for overage charges. The Fair and Flexible plans will keep the name, but both FnF and SERO will supposedly be reverted to the old $0.40/min over your allotted monthly minutes.

I asked about WP7 phones and she wasn't aware of any WP7 devices coming out any time soon.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:09 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Opera Mini 5 is beta???....still??? but didnt they just make Opera Mini 5 FULL for android, like a 6weeks ago??? seems odd theyd go FULL on a brand new platform, before even getting out of Beta on another
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2