PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Sprint

quickstang is keeping up the good workquickstang is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New SERO Oct 1st

For those who dont read the everything else forums, I thought I would share my link.

http://www.phonenews.com/sprint-conf...changes-12268/

Sprint Confirms October 1st SERO Changes
  • Written by Humberto Saabedra on August 18, 2010
  • Sprint

Sprint representative RussMcGuire has confirmed on his personal blog that the changes allowing current smart devices on legacy SERO plans are indeed in the works and will be in place on October 1st, with those customers on non-SERO legacy plans such as Fair & Flexible at the mercy of a different internal group, with no confirmation on the availability of what is now known internally as the Iconic Devices Premium SERO plan for those customers still on those plans.
As previously reported by PhoneNews.com, the Iconic Devices Premium SERO plan will allow current SERO customers to upgrade to current Android and BlackBerry devices for an additional $10 monthly fee, with dual-mode 4G devices requiring another $10 fee. The first additional $10 fee covers the additions of Any Mobile Anytime, messaging, BIS for BlackBerry devices and navigation, while the second fee covers 4G access, making the monthly totals $40 and $50 respectively. Customers with BlackBerry devices already on the $40 SERO 500 plan will be automatically moved to the $40 SERO Iconic Devices plan with the aforementioned features.
Current customers that choose not to upgrade can remain with their current plans and devices, while those wanting to upgrade from older devices to BlackBerry, Android or Android+4G devices will be subject to the additional monthly fees in order to upgrade, with normal upgrade rules remaining in place.

What do you think?

I hope this pans out because I was about ready to switch as soon as the Galaxy came out. Glad I waited.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:51 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: New SERO Oct 1st

i wonder if SERO people are gonna complain... its 10 to 20(only if a 4g device) bucks a month more.... but they can have any device now, even Android... i think thats a fair deal for them
Old 08-19-2010, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I wont complain because it will still be cheaper then trying to get the discounted plan now. I think it's like $59.99 for the Simply everything with 500min. $69.99 for everyone else who is not on an ERP.

Mine is $30 at the moment, so the $50 is still cheaper then a new non SERO plan. They also accidentally kept a 23% discount on top of that, so my $30 ends up being like $27 with tax. So if they forget again, and I get a 4G device it will be $50 -23% if not, $50.

It's a win win regardless for me. I mean yes I have to pay more, but i'm still paying less than if I had to dump the SERO plan.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:11 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

supposedly the 10 dollar fee does not allow discounts on it, but sero plans arent supposed to either, so who knows.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Damionix is keeping up the good workDamionix is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Damionix Send a message via MSN to Damionix Send a message via Yahoo to Damionix

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
For those who dont read the everything else forums, I thought I would share my link.

http://www.phonenews.com/sprint-conf...changes-12268/

Sprint Confirms October 1st SERO Changes
  • Written by Humberto Saabedra on August 18, 2010
  • Sprint

Sprint representative RussMcGuire has confirmed on his personal blog that the changes allowing current smart devices on legacy SERO plans are indeed in the works and will be in place on October 1st, with those customers on non-SERO legacy plans such as Fair & Flexible at the mercy of a different internal group, with no confirmation on the availability of what is now known internally as the Iconic Devices Premium SERO plan for those customers still on those plans.
As previously reported by PhoneNews.com, the Iconic Devices Premium SERO plan will allow current SERO customers to upgrade to current Android and BlackBerry devices for an additional $10 monthly fee, with dual-mode 4G devices requiring another $10 fee. The first additional $10 fee covers the additions of Any Mobile Anytime, messaging, BIS for BlackBerry devices and navigation, while the second fee covers 4G access, making the monthly totals $40 and $50 respectively. Customers with BlackBerry devices already on the $40 SERO 500 plan will be automatically moved to the $40 SERO Iconic Devices plan with the aforementioned features.
Current customers that choose not to upgrade can remain with their current plans and devices, while those wanting to upgrade from older devices to BlackBerry, Android or Android+4G devices will be subject to the additional monthly fees in order to upgrade, with normal upgrade rules remaining in place.

What do you think?

I hope this pans out because I was about ready to switch as soon as the Galaxy came out. Glad I waited.
This is actually really good news and offers a better option to everything.
But what about those on Free and Clear 3000 like me?
I got this plan when I use to work for a third party dealer back in 2006. Still have it, I would love to try new phones too

"Computer Maintenance Technician, Houston, TX"
Old 08-19-2010, 12:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo 3d
Carrier: sprint

robul is a n00b

great news i think.. 20 bucks extra is much better than 40 or 50.. atleast we can get the 4g andriod if we decide such.. good thing also since the tp2 is going byebye eventually
Old 08-19-2010, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

delfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good work

$10 extra for 4G that is not available almost everywhere...how about they charge me 4G if I use it? I smell esn cloning coming soon to epic
Old 08-19-2010, 01:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hmmm.

Maybe this will be the first complaint in this thread from a $30 SERO user.
I suppose it's still a great deal, but I'm using a TP2 right now. It's a smartphone that has the capacity to use data as rapidly as any 3G android phone. Right now my plan includes more minutes than I use, unlimited text and data, and 7PM unlimited calling. As I see it, this $10 gets me navigation (which I don't want since I use Google and Bing for that). Eventually I'm sure all smartphones will be 4G, so at some point it's going to be a minimum of $50 for all of us.
As I see it, I'm not going to be using any more resources or bandwidth but my rate will go up 33% for the privilege of using an Android phone instead of WinMo.

What about Windows7 phones? Will they be allowed on the $30 plan?

Of course I know that hearing someone complain about paying $50 a month for an EVO seems pretty whiny if you just opted in for a full price plan, but if you are jumping from a $30 plan that gave you everything you needed, $240 a year more isn't great.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

gpshemi is becoming a great contributor

Well I'll be the bad guy then. I think it sucks.

I mean frankly I feel like I'm penalized for being on SERO legitimately. I didn't make the original plan or rules. So why am I always made to feel like I've gotten away with murder?

I understand the concept behind monthly rates that subsidize the purchase (or discount) of the new phone, but why am I not allowed to just pay full price for any phone upfront and use it on my plan like everyone else? (with the exception of 4G which arguably will use more data eventually). I tell you why...because they regret offering it now, but somehow Sprint managed to turned that oversight into my fault. Nice.

Edit: kirstein beat me to the punch. Haha....

Last edited by gpshemi; 08-19-2010 at 02:03 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I think the biggest thing about this is the fact we can get NEW up to date phones. For those who dont get a 4G phone, $10 extra is a good deal. And those who do, the $20 is not bad either.

Regardless of paying extra, it will be cheaper then I had originally planned. I was ready to switch in a month until I read this. By waiting, I do pay more, but I save more as well. $120 or more i'll apply to my fiances phone plan unless I get a great deal from Sprint to add her line to my plan.

The TP2 is just not cutting it for me anymore, and it was once a decent phone. It is time it RIP.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2