PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Supersonic/Evo
Carrier: Sprint

mr.squonk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to mr.squonk
Re: Diamond retentions deals

Just got off the phone from Sprint...Originally, I had a Mogul, I contacted Sprint before my warranty expired to see about a replacement (loose stylus and some funky keys on the keyboard). After about a month of emails, calls, and escalations to managers and the dispute department, they offered to send me a new phone at no cost (and no contract extension). I opted for the HTC Touch, which I received 2 days later. It was a good phone, but I really needed wifi access while at work (Sprint coverage at work is very poor). So since it's within the 30 days of receiving the Touch, I contacted Sprint by email...they had no clue. I contacted them by phone, got to a dispute department, and after a few phone calls back an forth, they are allowing me to go into a Sprint store with the Touch, I will have to pay the $150 difference, trade with the Touch Diamond...and they are going to credit me the $150.

The moral of the story...When trying to get your way, be really nice, be persistent, and do not take no for an answer!
Old 09-22-2008, 03:45 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.squonk View Post
Just got off the phone from Sprint...Originally, I had a Mogul, I contacted Sprint before my warranty expired to see about a replacement (loose stylus and some funky keys on the keyboard). After about a month of emails, calls, and escalations to managers and the dispute department, they offered to send me a new phone at no cost (and no contract extension). I opted for the HTC Touch, which I received 2 days later. It was a good phone, but I really needed wifi access while at work (Sprint coverage at work is very poor). So since it's within the 30 days of receiving the Touch, I contacted Sprint by email...they had no clue. I contacted them by phone, got to a dispute department, and after a few phone calls back an forth, they are allowing me to go into a Sprint store with the Touch, I will have to pay the $150 difference, trade with the Touch Diamond...and they are going to credit me the $150.

The moral of the story...When trying to get your way, be really nice, be persistent, and do not take no for an answer!
I'd take those words with a grain of salt. I've been told twice by eCare to go into a Sprint store to exchange my phone and they will credit me the money that I paid in difference after the sale. Both times I went to a regular Sprint store and a repair center, and they both denied me a new phone. eCare is nice to deal with, but they love to give you the run around (literally) by sending you to all the stores in your area.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/$0 Exec Plan..YES I SAID $0

fergdogg23 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to fergdogg23

So my story as short as i can tell it:
I had bought a mogul (off eBay) in October of last year. I have a $20 everything plan because of where I work, so i never got upgrade qualifications. The Sprint Service store replaced my Mogul with a NEW in box one from the store 6 times in 7 months for little dumb things but I just had bad luck. Finally on the 6th one they let me take a NEW in box Touch from the store and no more mogul. They also for my issues customer care made me qaulified for a upgrade so I could get my phone any where. I used it for like 3 months and I won an Instinct from work so I thought I would sell the touch and use it. Now I sold the touch for exactlry what I paid for my mogul 9 months ago. The Instinct sucked so I gave it to my brother in law. I went to Best Buy Mobile and bought a new Treo 800w and kept it fopr 29 days and returned it once we had a real date on the Diamond. However Sprint could not reqaulfify my upgrade except through telesales. This made me mad since Best Buy is all instant savings and the have MIR. So the escalation dept told me to call once i got my diamond and they would help me. In the mean time I my brother inlaws old mogul. While activating it, Sprint screwed up my account. They thought it was the phone so they sent me a refurbished one (did not really care) and I had that for about 4 days because i had to soft reset it about 6 times a day. I took it in to the store and they gave me touch for it. On the 14th at 7am I had placed my order for the Diamond for $350 with $100 MIR. Also on top of that Sprint credited my account $150 plus $85 for all the issues. They are charging my account $350 -150-85= $115 for a diamond plus I still have the other touch which I sold for $250 and got a free Blackberry Curve for my wife at Best Buy and sprint gave me a $75 credit on my account for her line. So in the end here is what I got:
HTC Diamond $350
RIM Balcberry Curve + $Free
MIR -$100
$150 Credit for issues -$150
$85 credit for issues -$85
$75 retention credit -$75
old Touch -$250
(sold first touch to break even got instinct free and traded for touch)

Grand total after MIR is= I made $210 since I bought my Mogul back last october. Sprint is damn good company. And my total bill for both phones $70 bucks with EVERYTHING on both. And because of all te credits I have not paid a bill in at lest 3 months.

Last edited by fergdogg23; 09-22-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

mr.squonk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
I'd take those words with a grain of salt. I've been told twice by eCare to go into a Sprint store to exchange my phone and they will credit me the money that I paid in difference after the sale. Both times I went to a regular Sprint store and a repair center, and they both denied me a new phone. eCare is nice to deal with, but they love to give you the run around (literally) by sending you to all the stores in your area.
The initial contact was with eCare, all consecutive contacts were with the Order Support department on the phone. The rep called me back about 4 times to relate information, I just kept asking more questions. It was noted in their billing system, which is viewable by all Sprint retail locations. Of course, there can be a screw up, but this guy stuck with me...and had a supervisor by his side while he did all the researching and notating. WISH ME LUCK! :P
Old 09-22-2008, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

mr.squonk is a n00b

In addition...Sprint already credited my account (an odd amount which should have been 150) for the amount of -$166.74. So I think they have held up to their end of the deal, now I just have to hope that the Sprint Store will do the rest
Old 09-22-2008, 07:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Blackberry Bold
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

zagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to zagguru Send a message via Yahoo to zagguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacosuave View Post
Are you getting the $100 Rebate on top of that?
http://www.nextel.com/assets/pdfs/en...mir_110108.pdf

they will send you the forms, it is just a question wethtr sprint will respect the rebate. Some have gotten it and some havent
Old 09-22-2008, 07:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

copper rs is a n00b

for you guys that say you have had like 4 or 5 moguls / touches in the last few months, how are you getting sprint to exchange them? My touch is ~ 9 months old and the screen doesnt respond to my finger anymore, only stylus. I sent e-care an email to see what they could do for me, maybe make me a deal on a diamond. They told me my touch was not under a 1 year warranty (even though its 9 months old) and would only give me $75 off a new phone with contract extension. I Told them that the phone was less than a year old and thus under warrenty, and they told me to talk to HTC directly about a replacement.

I have TEP but theres no way im paying the deductible for a phone that has failed under warranty, especially since it is not damaged. I don't even care that much about getting a diamond (i'd rather pay to upgrade to the PRO), unless they offered it. But I want a phone that works, and I'm getting the run around.

How do you guys get so many phone exchanges?
Old 09-22-2008, 08:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Diamond

hempy is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper rs View Post
How do you guys get so many phone exchanges?
Bring into a Sprint store w/ a repair center and they should replace the phone w/o a deductible. The deductible only applies to Asurion claims (lost/stolen/wet phone).
Old 09-22-2008, 08:17 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

you've just completed step one.now you have to keep following up.you will get several of these emails before they see you are serious.threaten to cancel after several emails as this seems to do the trick,but have a sprint tech check it out.it helps if there a notes from the techs on the account.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

mr.squonk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
you've just completed step one.now you have to keep following up.you will get several of these emails before they see you are serious.threaten to cancel after several emails as this seems to do the trick,but have a sprint tech check it out.it helps if there a notes from the techs on the account.
That's it, be nice and be persistent! Keep climbing the ladder until you get satisfaction. They still (the people that care about you being a customer) want you to stay, and will do a lot to keep you from canceling.

Don't forget, California's Term Fee case may eventually affect all of us, with the possible downside of higher equipment fees
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond