PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2008, 06:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pacosuave is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Diamond retentions deals

Dang...I've been with the $30/month SERO plan for just over 2 years and was lookin online for a sprint phone to upgrade to. I saw that sprint was offering my $150 to extend my contract another 2 years.

The Diamond was priced $350 after the $150 discount. An additional $100 rebate is available to bring the final cost of the phone down to $250 before tax.

I didn't want to spend that much so I looked at the phones in the $100 Range and picked out the HTC Touch.

It should arrive tomorrow and I'm wondering if I can call retentions and explain my story of how I couldn't justify spending what they were asking for the diamond but that I would really like something by HTC that is more up to date than the touch.

I'll post what happens

/cross fingers
Old 09-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

pacha248 is a n00b

My Diamond should be here by tuesday and all I have to do is send my touch back to them. I've had my touch since it came out. Gotta love retentions!
Old 09-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Ha! Finally! I am able to post on ppc geeks with the diamond! I am using juicy rom. And opera is 2x faster. Someone needs to port this opera version over
Old 09-21-2008, 07:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

thegameksk is a n00b

How did you guys get such great deals? Im thinking of emailing retentions or ecare and seeing what can be done for me. Any tips? Also for thos of you that traded your phones in and got a steep discount on the diamond howdyou arrange that? Thanks.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Blackberry Bold
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

zagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to zagguru Send a message via Yahoo to zagguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegameksk View Post
How did you guys get such great deals? Im thinking of emailing retentions or ecare and seeing what can be done for me. Any tips? Also for thos of you that traded your phones in and got a steep discount on the diamond howdyou arrange that? Thanks.
you can only swap phones if it was purchased within 30 days
Old 09-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 1 Evo LTE 1 Samsung GSIII & Toshiba Excite 10

meccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmeccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmeccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I ordered on the 14th, didn't have a tracking number by the 17th. Called retentions and told them my girl ordered me an iphone on 15th and we got it on the 16th. Also mentioned att roll over family plan. I have power pack family 550 mins for 59.99 2 lines, plus free data. retentions rep added pick 3 on 2 lines, 300 txts 2 lines, nav 2 lines, data on all 3 lines and TEP ins on all 3, $10 recurring credit,total bill not to exceed 110.00 a month including tax. He stated my diamond order wasn't processed correctly, canceled it and reordered for next day air, and i received it the next day. He was suppose to call me back on 19th to finish setting new 3rd line account up and he never did. I called back in and argued with 2 different reps and a sup for over 2 hours. The sup wouldn't add everything the rep promised me. So i left a mssg with his operations manager and called back in again. The next rep gave me everything the previous rep promised PLUS, changed my plan to a retentions plan 1000 anytime mins for 49.99 and gave me 1000 txts on all 3 lines instead of 300 txts on 2 lines. Also set up pic mail on all lines no charge.

NEW BILL 3 LINES, UNLMTD DATA ON ALL 3,PICK 3 ON 2,NAV ON 2, SPRINT TV ON 2, 1000 TXTS ON ALL 3,TEP ON ALL 3,PIC MAIL ON ALL 3, N/W 6 OCLOCK. RECURRING CREDITS TO MAKE BILL 101.00 PLUS TAX.

Thank God that supervisor was an a-hole or I never would have gotten the extra 450 mins for 10 bucks less and the extra 2400 txts.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

pacha248 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagguru View Post
Im swapping mine out and I've had the touch since like January, I guess you just gotta be lucky
Old 09-22-2008, 12:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

shortstack2000 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagguru View Post
Ive had my mogul since January, granted i do have a refurb swap i got 2 weeks ago that i was able to use to my advantage for a straight swap.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:02 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I'm getting the Diamond for $199.99 ($249.99, then they will credit my acct for $50), and I don't have to send in my current phone. I've been on the $30 SERO plan for about 15 months or less...
Old 09-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pacosuave is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
I'm getting the Diamond for $199.99 ($249.99, then they will credit my acct for $50), and I don't have to send in my current phone. I've been on the $30 SERO plan for about 15 months or less...
Are you getting the $100 Rebate on top of that?
http://www.nextel.com/assets/pdfs/en...mir_110108.pdf

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond