PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Lurker

mminasian is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Diamond retentions deals

For all of the SERO customers interested, I am about 15 months in on the 50 dollar sero plan, I called retentions to see if they could do better than the 75 dollar upgrade and they upped my discount to 120. Final price $430 was the best that he could do. He suggested that I A) wait till march when I'm eligable, or B) buy one on ebay later. I went ahead at 430, with free shipping and no activation fee. Billed directly to my account. Hope this helps.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.
Carrier: Sprint

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Diamond retentions deals

Yeah all you SERO customers should get even more of a deal.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond!

drnezzy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mminasian View Post
For all of the SERO customers interested, I am about 15 months in on the 50 dollar sero plan, I called retentions to see if they could do better than the 75 dollar upgrade and they upped my discount to 120. Final price $430 was the best that he could do. He suggested that I A) wait till march when I'm eligable, or B) buy one on ebay later. I went ahead at 430, with free shipping and no activation fee. Billed directly to my account. Hope this helps.
I don't get it. I've had SERO ($30 dollar plan) for 15 months too and I got the full discount with a 2-year agreement. It sounds like it really depends on who you get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
Yeah all you SERO customers should get even more of a deal.
You're right. If given the choice, we should all pay as much as we can. I really don't see why it affects you. He's just saying what his experience was, and wondered if there was anything better he could get.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Damn.. I just placed a order and all I got was 75 off. No sweat.. I am returning it within 29 days for a full refund. Then i will try calling instead of the online deal and request a further discount. thanks foir the heads up.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Almost a VIP

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnezzy View Post
You're right. If given the choice, we should all pay as much as we can. I really don't see why it affects you. He's just saying what his experience was, and wondered if there was anything better he could get.
Because that's the reason SERO went away. You already get the best deal in American wireless, and you still want more.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution
Carrier: Sprint Everything Plus - Fresh Evo 3.1.0.1

Journeyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Journeyjeans

Seriously, why do you and people like you, care?

I mean you just came in and hijacked the OP's thread with something that's obviously a personal issue, and amongst other things, that's just rude.

If you want to pay a high price for essentially the same service, go to AT&T.

If you want to have a hand in deciding what's "fair" pricing for any mobile company, I suggest you sit on one of their Boards and help decide price points and services that way, maybe you can even get rid of Simply Everything Plus! Yeah! That'll show'em!

Until then, please don't hijack threads over something silly.

Thanks to the OP, I may consider your strategy if I decide to upgrade to the Touch Pro (while selling my Mogul and Treo 650)

Thanks!

~Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
Because that's the reason SERO went away. You already get the best deal in American wireless, and you still want more.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Almost a VIP

Because there was a great deal out there that most people got through a bogus email anyway, then they call and waste more time and money by trying to get retentions deals and what not.

That's why SERO went away. It was a great program, but it was abused too many times by too many people.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

lixo12 is a n00b

What is the number to retentions?
Old 09-14-2008, 02:30 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixo12 View Post
What is the number to retentions?
When you call customer care, just say you want to cancel.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Russellhi is just getting started

lol, i love when a good thread gets jacked sidetracked. Lets get back on topic! I clicked into this post for a reason now lets see the deals!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond