PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 08:54 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Diamond retentions deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper rs View Post
I Told them that the phone was less than a year old and thus under warrenty, and they told me to talk to HTC directly about a replacement.
According to HTC's website:

If your device needs repair and is within warranty, please contact your local operator.

Q: Where do I send my phone in for repair?
A: Please contact your provider or visit your provider's website for information on the phone-repairing process.

Source: http://www.htc.com/us/supportcontent.aspx?id=12066

Last edited by indagroove; 09-22-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

copper rs is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.squonk View Post
That's it, be nice and be persistent! Keep climbing the ladder until you get satisfaction. They still (the people that care about you being a customer) want you to stay, and will do a lot to keep you from canceling.

Don't forget, California's Term Fee case may eventually affect all of us, with the possible downside of higher equipment fees
you guys do this every time your phone breaks? I'm not really looking to scam sprint, I just don't feel that I should have to make an insurance claim on a phone under warranty. I'll try taking it in and see if they will get me a new one. Any way to avoid getting a referb? If they do give me a new touch does this change my ESN or extend my contract?
Old 09-22-2008, 10:12 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

it will depend a lot on the situation. If youre near the end of your contract they will bend more to resign you. Insurance is different than warranty. warranty covers manufacturer's defects, like if something stops working without any abuse to the phone. For instance my 800w keypad just stopped working and theyre swapping me for a Diamond. Itll really depend what type of problem with the phone it is- stuff like white spots on the mogul, dark spots on the touch, keys stopping working, etc are technically warranty replacements. Broken stuff is insurance/TEP and way less likely to pull any deal if you did it yourself.

It will really depend on a lot of factors- how close to the end of your contract you are, if youve ever asked for swaps before (history does matter they look at it), whats actually wrong with the device, if you get a helpful rep, etc

Itll really depend on the situation and rep you deal with.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

sprint touch08:glad you finally got your issue resolved!
Old 09-22-2008, 10:17 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

ya finally after a week of jumping through hoops and sitting at a sprint store for 2.5 hours to have the rep tell me hey youre 800w is unrepairable and needs to be swapped (no duh none of the hard buttons on the device work at all). Luckily i got a really helpful guy in executive services who resolved everything in the end
Old 09-23-2008, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

thegameksk is a n00b

Ive been emailing ecare and they keep telling me they cant do anything for me because im past the 30 days swap. The thing is my phone really is screwed up. Im on my third touch and just like the other two if I listen to music for a while (usually a few hours or so) it will freeze on me and I have to remove the battery to restart the phone. They told me to call inurance and pay 50 to get a new phone. Im tired of having to swap out my phone for a new phone every 3 months and theres no way in hell im gonna pay for something that isnt my fault. Any ideas to help me? Thanks.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Sounds like you have insurance, if you take it to the store and explain that you have an intermittent issue where your phone resets and loose all your info they will have to replace it in store for free no $50 thats only if its lost stolen or damaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegameksk View Post
Ive been emailing ecare and they keep telling me they cant do anything for me because im past the 30 days swap. The thing is my phone really is screwed up. Im on my third touch and just like the other two if I listen to music for a while (usually a few hours or so) it will freeze on me and I have to remove the battery to restart the phone. They told me to call inurance and pay 50 to get a new phone. Im tired of having to swap out my phone for a new phone every 3 months and theres no way in hell im gonna pay for something that isnt my fault. Any ideas to help me? Thanks.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

thegameksk is a n00b

I went to the store too and was told I have to do it through insurance. I must have the worst luck in the world for this to be my third touch phone since Jan and the same crap keeps happening. Im starting to really hate the touch.

Last edited by thegameksk; 09-23-2008 at 12:59 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Have two $30.00 SERO accounts both with full insurance plans.
Had touch for 10 months.

Sprint offered an early $75.00 discount and I took it. But it was still $479.00

Well they lost the order.

When I called back the lady saw the $75.00 discount and had them reissue the order and said it would be overnighted.

I asked about the price. She said full price is $549.00 and I have a $75 credit. I said how much will the phone be. She said $249.00 after rebate. I asked her to note my account and I got her name and ID #. She insisted it would be $249.00 and said she put a note on my account.

I may have another call due but she noted it on my account so I should eventually get that price.

I agree any time they tell you to go to the store it's a total crap shoot that you usually lose.

Sprint is MUCH better at tracking what deals they have given you in the past. They knew my whole history and that I had SERO instantly.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx

kapparosko is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to kapparosko

wow, sounds like you all are gettiing screwed, so yea i just got off phone with retentions and i dont know how, (3days of working at it and supervisor after supervisor) i got the touch diamond for 129.99. lol its crazy, so i had the treo800w. (best phone ever i will never give it up), saw that i had the 150 upgrade in sept so called in aug to see if i could get in instinct cuz i knew the diamond was coming out (i work for sprint to btw, but 3rd party company, sprint contract) so i got them to give me the instinct for 129.99. with rebate and instant savings. then within the 30 period, lol the last week of my 30 day period diamond came out, told them how ****ty the instinct was and how it froze and dropped calls, (was call bs, sprint service is really good and the instinct is a great phone, but not for me) and got them to do an even exchange. amazing isnt it....lol. but anyway, it sucks, PALM800W all the way, im putting it on ebay...lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond