PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2007, 11:29 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9013 View Post
when i did the aku3.3 it said the rom wasnt made for my device... and now i dunno what to do to get wm5 back on..i was going to do the upgrade everything, then downgrade the bootloader like i did before to get wm6
Get a WM5 rom (nk.nbf), put it into the appropriate upgrade/ruu folder in the kitchen, run the RUU. Installing the official 3.3 is the hardest way to get where you want - get an earlier rom, preferably a custom rom, so you don't have to worry about mucking with the bootloader.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung
Carrier: VZW

Sarge, USMC is just getting started
Roger that

I'll prob have more questions once I get my hands on the phone, but in the meantime I can install the kitchen and go play around.

Are there any OS compatibility concerns for the kitchen?

Is there anything that needs to be done to the Apache out of the box before performing the WM6 upgrade?

thx
Old 12-20-2007, 11:37 PM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge, USMC View Post
Maybe for the newbs and those feint of heart Helmi or someone else might be nice enough to post a sticky thread and then lock it, so it don't become HUGE.....where they could post the PROCEDURE for the WM6 upgrade......step by step....what do we need to know....what we need to do if this happens or if that happens.........bootloader this and OS ver that and rar this but don't unrar that..........

I'm SURE the actual upgrade itself took tons of work by many dedicated people....=D>.....but here comes a jarhead like me looking for info on how to do this cuz I like the GUI...........and it's intimidating to say the least. Of course there's a ton of reading I could do.........but I have ADD..............I need to cut to the chase.

FWIW.

Semper Fi,

E5
yeah, that's on our todo list. A few other goodies are ahead of it, however.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:39 PM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
I'll prob have more questions once I get my hands on the phone, but in the meantime I can install the kitchen and go play around.

Are there any OS compatibility concerns for the kitchen?

Is there anything that needs to be done to the Apache out of the box before performing the WM6 upgrade?

thx
Charge your battery.

No, there aren't any significant OS issues.

If your box includes a corporate install, you need to backup all your PIM information and check w/ corporate on certificates and what not you might need.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker

The freekin Swedish Chef!!!

Hilarious.....my favorite Muppet!!

Therer's a lot of stuff in that kitchen! I'll be looking for a thread that explains some of that stuff.

Additions or subtractions to/from rom mean re-cooking it, yes?

My apprehension is easing somewhat...........

Last edited by Sarge, USMC; 12-20-2007 at 11:46 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:56 PM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Hilarious.....my favorite Muppet!!

Therer's a lot of stuff in that kitchen! I'll be looking for a thread that explains some of that stuff.

Additions or subtractions to/from rom mean re-cooking it, yes?

My apprehension is easing somewhat...........
Right click is your friend...

Yes, building a ROM is a one-way street...no adding/subtracting without rebuild/reflash.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
If your box includes a corporate install, you need to backup all your PIM information and check w/ corporate on certificates and what not you might need.
I don't know what this means........sorry.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:06 AM
Deep Thinker

Then you probably don't need to worry about it

Basically, it means if your phone came from the head office instead of direct from the carrier/UTStarcomm, they might have customized it already - in which case you need to know how to re-customize after you upgrade.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Gervy is a n00b
CABS for all OEMS in KITCHEN ???

1st and foremost, you guys rock. This Kitchen is awesome, and I appreciate the hard work.

Now to my question:
Do you guys have a list of .cab files for all the OEMS you place in the kitchen?

There are a lot of items in there I'd like to test out to see if I want in my ROM, but don't want to reflash my phone 100x in one night to try them all out. Not to mention, loading things I want by running out of ROM room.

Just a thought.

Carry on!

Gervy

--------------
Verizon Droid Eris
Old 12-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Deep Thinker

You can visit the homepage for each OEM and get the most recent .cab from there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development