PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2007, 11:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung
Carrier: VZW

Sarge, USMC is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Program Descriptions?

I did a search.......didn't find anything.......is there a reference or thread somewhere that describes all the programs in this kitchen? These are referred to as OEM's?

I'm reading thru all the posts in this thread.........up to page 8........my next post will be in the ACRONYMS thread! heheheheh
Old 12-21-2007, 11:28 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
right click on each oem, visit the homepage for the oem.

Yes, OEMs are individual programs, packaged specifically for the kitchen.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

lostboy is a n00b
Thank you VERY MUCH ! ! ! Worked flawlessly ! !
Old 12-21-2007, 02:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Gervy is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
You can visit the homepage for each OEM and get the most recent .cab from there.
Cool. Guess I can do so. Figured you may have them in a folder already.
But I supposed I can't ask you to do more work for us than you already have. Heh heh.

Gervy

--------------
Verizon Droid Eris
Old 12-21-2007, 04:01 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
right click on each oem, visit the homepage for the oem.

Yes, OEMs are individual programs, packaged specifically for the kitchen.
Hey Guru,
Is there any listing of what exactly the OEMs that were created by some of the Kitchen team do? Maybe a cab for them (for some of the other posters stated reasons)?
I'm wondering about the Google Live search Today plugin. I installed that, but not the regular Windows Live Search (I find that it updates more regularly than the Kitchen does, so I just install it from a cab after flashing.) So far, I haven't figured out how to get it to work- when I enter something in the space, I get a WinLive search result; I don't see any way to select a Google search.
And there are a few others that describe what they are, but there are no real explanations about how to use them or what their intended results should be.
I also have wondered about the plethora of video/Flash plugins and combinations. [gosh, I got to use "plethora" in a sentence- I love that word.]
I don't do much video watching, but I wouldn't mind being able to watch YouTube vids while I'm out. It seems like there are different plugins for that and a [mobile?] YouTube and then something different for all others.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Verizon

Robtao is keeping up the good workRobtao is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by digi View Post
Dude its really easy, just dl the software and get your hands dirty and it will all make sense...

-install the kitchen EXE file, drop the PPCGeeks_OEM.rar in the BuildOS folder

-run the PPC-BuildOS shortcut that you now have on your desktop

-select the apps you want to cook into your ROM by checking the box's in the kitchen

-select the bootloader you need for your device

-click the lil play button (green arrow) in the kitchen to build your ROM

-If its successful it will tell you to put your phone in bootloader, if not it will give an error (Error building file system, exceeded max ROM size), most likely that you selected too many items in the kitchen... uncheck some things you dont really need and click play again if needed.

-Put your phone in bootloader (hold notes and power button and soft reset), then connect to your computer when prompted by the Upgrade Utility. (it will prompt you when youve successfully built a ROM)

-Click next, next, next... wait... when its done, disconnect your phone and hard reset (both softkeys plus reset button)

-Play with your phone the rest of the night, make thank you post here before you go to bed...

Thats it, youre done....
I thought the ppcgeeks_OEM.rar needs to go into the root kitchen folder. One folder up from the build OS.

There is a list of OEMs by size at http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=295

Verizon: XV6700, XV6800 w/ROMs cooked in PPCGeeks Kitchen, Omnia i910 with cac2us ROM and Omnia 2 with Ninja4Hire's ROMS.

Last edited by Robtao; 12-21-2007 at 04:57 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:24 PM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robtao View Post
I thought the ppcgeeks_OEM.rar needs to go into the root kitchen folder. One folder up from the build OS.
You are both correct...In a default install, the installation dir is c:\BuildOS. The directions are confusing to some people, because there's a BuildOS folder inside the installation folder, too (c:\buildos\buildos, for a default installation).

If you install the oem.rar to c:\buildos\buildos ({installdir}\buildos), it won't work.

PPCGeeks_OEM.rar should be installed to c:\buildos (or wherever your installation is).

We'll eliminate this confusion in a future release.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g/Sprint

MarcusInMD is becoming a great contributor
Thinking of upgrading my 1 1/2 year old sprint phone. Currently running rom 2.06.00 WWE 2/22/06

I think I am running activesync 4.1, how do I go about upgrading (and do I need to to make this all work?)

Do you guys think it's worth the upgrade? Also, will I still be able to tether to my notebook without problems?

Thanks!
Old 12-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusInMD View Post
Thinking of upgrading my 1 1/2 year old sprint phone. Currently running rom 2.06.00 WWE 2/22/06

I think I am running activesync 4.1, how do I go about upgrading (and do I need to to make this all work?)

Do you guys think it's worth the upgrade? Also, will I still be able to tether to my notebook without problems?

Thanks!
If all you do is use it as a phone, don't bother. If you use it as a pda, definitely upgrade.

Yes, you'll still be able to tether. Google ActiveSync, and you'll find Microsoft's activesync download page - you need to update to 4.5 or later.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g/Sprint

MarcusInMD is becoming a great contributor
I use it for both a phone and a PDA. Is the phone functionality disabled in this version or something?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development