PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2007, 01:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Use the "x.04+" RUU option in the box at the top of the Build_OS window.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond (on Alltel)
Carrier: Alltel

GnatGoSplat is becoming a great contributor
Is there any way I can get the password for the Apache_Helmi_WM6.rar file?
I would like to use this kitchen to build a 5.2.1622 Build 18128.0.4.4 ROM that I plan to port to Apache. The reason is because 1622 is the latest real build from a shipped ROM that I have seen.
I don't know if the 19xx ROMs are betas, prerelease, or what, but they are not official Microsoft releases.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

kyle9013 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to kyle9013 Send a message via MSN to kyle9013
I need some help, How can I Reflash back to wm5, bootloader is 2.02

I heard verizon wont activate it with wm6, and someone said to
reflash back to wm5 someone help me with this? thanks.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung
Carrier: VZW

Sarge, USMC is just getting started
Can I make a suggestion?

Maybe for the newbs and those feint of heart Helmi or someone else might be nice enough to post a sticky thread and then lock it, so it don't become HUGE.....where they could post the PROCEDURE for the WM6 upgrade......step by step....what do we need to know....what we need to do if this happens or if that happens.........bootloader this and OS ver that and rar this but don't unrar that..........

I'm SURE the actual upgrade itself took tons of work by many dedicated people....=D>.....but here comes a jarhead like me looking for info on how to do this cuz I like the GUI...........and it's intimidating to say the least. Of course there's a ton of reading I could do.........but I have ADD..............I need to cut to the chase.

FWIW.

Semper Fi,

E5
Old 12-20-2007, 10:05 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wm5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9013 View Post

Go to http://www.utstar.com/pcd/view_phone...id=null&bID=39 .
This is latest update but it will also update you bootloader. Why can't you activate your phone through my account on the internet? You can also activate it ver the phone. Saves a trip to the store.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 12-20-2007, 10:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon-Alltel

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge, USMC View Post
Maybe for the newbs and those feint of heart Helmi or someone else might be nice enough to post a sticky thread and then lock it, so it don't become HUGE.....where they could post the PROCEDURE for the WM6 upgrade......step by step....what do we need to know....what we need to do if this happens or if that happens.........bootloader this and OS ver that and rar this but don't unrar that..........

I'm SURE the actual upgrade itself took tons of work by many dedicated people....=D>.....but here comes a jarhead like me looking for info on how to do this cuz I like the GUI...........and it's intimidating to say the least. Of course there's a ton of reading I could do.........but I have ADD..............I need to cut to the chase.

FWIW.

Semper Fi,

E5

Dude its really easy, just dl the software and get your hands dirty and it will all make sense...

-install the kitchen EXE file, drop the PPCGeeks_OEM.rar in the BuildOS folder

-run the PPC-BuildOS shortcut that you now have on your desktop

-select the apps you want to cook into your ROM by checking the box's in the kitchen

-select the bootloader you need for your device

-click the lil play button (green arrow) in the kitchen to build your ROM

-If its successful it will tell you to put your phone in bootloader, if not it will give an error (Error building file system, exceeded max ROM size), most likely that you selected too many items in the kitchen... uncheck some things you dont really need and click play again if needed.

-Put your phone in bootloader (hold notes and power button and soft reset), then connect to your computer when prompted by the Upgrade Utility. (it will prompt you when youve successfully built a ROM)

-Click next, next, next... wait... when its done, disconnect your phone and hard reset (both softkeys plus reset button)

-Play with your phone the rest of the night, make thank you post here before you go to bed...

Thats it, youre done....

Alltel / Verizon
Old 12-20-2007, 10:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon-Alltel

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9013 View Post

You can call 611 and just give them the ESN and they can activate the phone. If it needs programming you can do that over the air with *228.

Besides, most VZW reps are so clueless they wouldn't know WM6 from Android...
Old 12-20-2007, 10:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

kyle9013 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to kyle9013 Send a message via MSN to kyle9013
It kinda sucks due to the fact its on a family plan, and last time i went into the store to activated it i need to call my aunt, whos the account holder for the Social security number... but maybe its different over the phone?

when i did the aku3.3 it said the rom wasnt made for my device... and now i dunno what to do to get wm5 back on..i was going to do the upgrade everything, then downgrade the bootloader like i did before to get wm6
Old 12-20-2007, 11:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung

Sarge, USMC is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by digi View Post
Dude its really easy, just dl the software and get your hands dirty and it will all make sense...

-install the kitchen EXE file, drop the PPCGeeks_OEM.rar in the BuildOS folder

-run the PPC-BuildOS shortcut that you now have on your desktop

-select the apps you want to cook into your ROM by checking the box's in the kitchen

-select the bootloader you need for your device

-click the lil play button (green arrow) in the kitchen to build your ROM

-If its successful it will tell you to put your phone in bootloader, if not it will give an error (Error building file system, exceeded max ROM size), most likely that you selected too many items in the kitchen... uncheck some things you dont really need and click play again if needed.

-Put your phone in bootloader (hold notes and power button and soft reset), then connect to your computer when prompted by the Upgrade Utility. (it will prompt you when youve successfully built a ROM)

-Click next, next, next... wait... when its done, disconnect your phone and hard reset (both softkeys plus reset button)

-Play with your phone the rest of the night, make thank you post here before you go to bed...

Thats it, youre done....
I'll make a thank you post right here and now......and say "sorry" to the mods for posting the same stuff in 2 different threads..........

Install the kitchen - I have to be connected to a pc where these files live and transfer them over using active sync, then install the kitchen from the Apache?

How do I determine what bootloader I need?

I appreciate you illuminating the terrain I currently find myself deployed in.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:26 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge, USMC View Post
I'll make a thank you post right here and now......and say "sorry" to the mods for posting the same stuff in 2 different threads..........

Install the kitchen - I have to be connected to a pc where these files live and transfer them over using active sync, then install the kitchen from the Apache?

How do I determine what bootloader I need?

I appreciate you illuminating the terrain I currently find myself deployed in.
The kitchen is installed on your PC, not your PPC. The kitchen will build a ROM, which will install to your PPC (it'll tell you what to do as you need to do it)

You don't "need" a bootloader different than whatever one you have. Older is better, in the case of bootloaders. The kitchen will work with all bootloaders, you only need to know which one you have...when you enter bootloader, it'll be on the screen (faintly).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development