Old 12-20-2007, 11:18 PM
Sarge, USMC
Regular 'Geeker

Sarge, USMC is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by digi View Post
Dude its really easy, just dl the software and get your hands dirty and it will all make sense...

-install the kitchen EXE file, drop the PPCGeeks_OEM.rar in the BuildOS folder

-run the PPC-BuildOS shortcut that you now have on your desktop

-select the apps you want to cook into your ROM by checking the box's in the kitchen

-select the bootloader you need for your device

-click the lil play button (green arrow) in the kitchen to build your ROM

-If its successful it will tell you to put your phone in bootloader, if not it will give an error (Error building file system, exceeded max ROM size), most likely that you selected too many items in the kitchen... uncheck some things you dont really need and click play again if needed.

-Put your phone in bootloader (hold notes and power button and soft reset), then connect to your computer when prompted by the Upgrade Utility. (it will prompt you when youve successfully built a ROM)

-Click next, next, next... wait... when its done, disconnect your phone and hard reset (both softkeys plus reset button)

-Play with your phone the rest of the night, make thank you post here before you go to bed...

Thats it, youre done....
I'll make a thank you post right here and now......and say "sorry" to the mods for posting the same stuff in 2 different threads..........

Install the kitchen - I have to be connected to a pc where these files live and transfer them over using active sync, then install the kitchen from the Apache?

How do I determine what bootloader I need?

I appreciate you illuminating the terrain I currently find myself deployed in.