PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2007, 01:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Blackberry 9530
Carrier: Verizon

hunter is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Have xv6700 bootloader 1.04, hooked up to Vista Business 32bit, mobile center usb is off, driver fix for vista has been applied. Run BuildOS all seems to be going fine when i receive error RUU Device has stopped responding?

What Next?
Old 11-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter View Post
Have xv6700 bootloader 1.04, hooked up to Vista Business 32bit, mobile center usb is off, driver fix for vista has been applied. Run BuildOS all seems to be going fine when i receive error RUU Device has stopped responding?

What Next?
You have the new bootloader. Bootloader versions 1.04, 2.04, and 2.05 require a different ROM Upgrade Utility than earlier versions. The way you select that is from the BuildOS window, look at the top toolbar where it says "Standard". Click that and a drop-down menu will come up... choose X.04+ from that menu and build your ROM again. That will cause it to flash with the correct RUU for your device.

Edit: Also you should turn Mobile Device Center USB back on. That should only be off while replacing the driver for Vista. You could also put your phone into bootloader mode (Power + Notes + Soft reset) first before connecting to USB to save a step.

Last edited by luv2chill; 11-09-2007 at 02:04 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Smile Smartskeys enabled in tweaks should be added

Luv2Chill,
(sorry for being so picky) i think it is a good idea to add under "tweaks" to anable Smartskeys so we dont have to do it manually everytime we have to perform a hard-reset. Hope to see this in the update of the kitchen...

Thanks for everything, you guys are the best! period!
Old 11-09-2007, 02:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4

daveedem is just getting started
Tiermann....

I think I know the answer to this one... I'm using your dialer skin. In the new kitchen I've basically just copied all my dialer skin images to the windows folder and overwrote what is there... when I do this, the numbers and lines disappear and all I see are my images.

I install the touch dialer in the kitchen.

Should I just redo the dialer skin through your app?

Thanks.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico4k View Post
Luv2Chill,
(sorry for being so picky) i think it is a good idea to add under "tweaks" to anable Smartskeys so we dont have to do it manually everytime we have to perform a hard-reset. Hope to see this in the update of the kitchen...

Thanks for everything, you guys are the best! period!
Can you clarify what you mean? If you select smartskey in buildos it should be enabled automatically.

Or are you referring to the setting to make it scroll using the volume key?
Old 11-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
make it scroll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
Can you clarify what you mean? If you select smartskey in buildos it should be enabled automatically.

Or are you referring to the setting to make it scroll using the volume key?
Yes, exactly. volume key scrolling is disabled by default (yes, i read why is disabled). But i wish there was a way to enable it before the rom is cooked. (so, i guess under "Tweaks" category or something should be "enable volume key as scroll" or somehting along those lines).

let me know if it is possible. thanx!
Old 11-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: 6800 (Mogul)

scotbotmosh is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to scotbotmosh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I believe it had something to do with an incompatibility with one of the dialer skins. Vogue, I think.
It's working fine for me.
I believe I am using the iBliss dialer...the pretty one with the tree and the grass..
Old 11-09-2007, 03:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: centro
Carrier: vzw

jhonny11 is a n00b
You guys are awesome! But it seems like I'm rebuilding every day
Old 11-09-2007, 03:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Notes Truncation in Contacts and Appointments

This is really just an FYI.
Not sure if this registry entry was modified by Microsoft, Helmi, or the kitchen staff (or anybody), but I came across the consequences this week while standing at a rental car counter in a distant city. As a habit, when I travel I just paste relevant flight, hotel, and rental car information into the notes section of a calendar entry. This time, my information included some internet tags that made the size balloon up a little, and the note was truncated with a reminder that if I edited the appointment on the device all the associated notes on the server would be overwritten. Up to WM2003, there was no limit on the notes size, but WM5 supposedly introduced a 5kB default limit. Turns out my limit coming out of the kitchen was 1kB.

The associated key is
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ActiveSync]
"BodyTruncation"=dword: Change from 1020 to 5120 (Decimal)

This change worked fine for me, as does bumping the dword value up to 20480 (Decimal),
supposedly the absolute upper limit in WM5.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Blackberry 9530

hunter is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
You have the new bootloader. Bootloader versions 1.04, 2.04, and 2.05 require a different ROM Upgrade Utility than earlier versions. The way you select that is from the BuildOS window, look at the top toolbar where it says "Standard". Click that and a drop-down menu will come up... choose X.04+ from that menu and build your ROM again. That will cause it to flash with the correct RUU for your device.

Edit: Also you should turn Mobile Device Center USB back on. That should only be off while replacing the driver for Vista. You could also put your phone into bootloader mode (Power + Notes + Soft reset) first before connecting to USB to save a step.

Does that mean i'll have to limit the size of the rom like in 2.04 and 2.05?

thanks ahead of time

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development