PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Drakahr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Here it is. Thanks again.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Verizon6.txt (5.3 KB, 72 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-12-2007, 02:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakahr View Post
Here it is. Thanks again.
I'm not a pro or anything, but I just opened up your selections in BuildOS and you have a lot of stuff checked to include in the ROM, so it may be that the ROM image you're creating is to large.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Lurker

Drakahr is a n00b
well I've blown out my phone around ten times so far, but the program is really good about telling you if the image is too big. I had to cut down a few things I wanted, but I didnt get any errors when it was pulling files from the OEM.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
I've built your selections without any errors, though I didn't try flashing my phone with the ROM that was built. I did notice though that TCPMP is highlighted in yellow, which I think means that it is needed by another OEM package that you selected. I think that it's the flash video bundle that also wants TCPMP, but I couldn't check it when the video bundle was also selected, so I unselected flash, selected tcpmp and reselected flash and built it again, so you could try that and see if it works for you then.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakahr View Post
This is a very great tool, I love all the toys, and everything is speedy and efficient. I'm having one problem though, the first couple times I blew out my xv6700 wih this I was able to use the HTC Audio manager from the main screen(completely awesome) but the last few times I'm only able to access it from the programs list, and if I go in manually, what I'm playing does not reflect on the today screen. Also when I click Launch Music Player, it opens WMP.

I've finally got the perfect list of programs I want, I've tried removing and adding diffrent things and cant find the conflict, Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if theres any particular information that would help diagnose this.

Thanks
Sorry if I'm missing something but this appears to be a straightforward problem. You are referring to controlling Audio Manager via the HTC Home plugin right? The one with the big clock and various tabs, one of which is audio?

The reason it's behaving that way is becuase by default it is set to control Windows Media Player. If you want it to control Audio Manager instead you can use emunutz's excellent HTC Home Customizer app:

http://www.pocketemu.com/hhc-info.html

Or if you're comfortable editing the registry yourself, navigate to this key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Music Plug-In]
"MusicPlayer"=dword:00000001

Change the value for "MusicPlayer" to 2. Close the reg editor, press the power button, wait 10 seconds, and soft reset.

When it boots back up you should find that tab now controls Audio Manager.

Last edited by luv2chill; 11-12-2007 at 03:12 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4

daveedem is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennysh View Post
The PPCGeeks_OEM.rar is not password protected. I promise you it's not. Unless you put a password on it. The other RAR in the Apache WM6 Directory is password protected. But the one you need is the PPCGeeks_OEM.rar.
I was trying to get to the following files in the Apach_helmi_WM6.rar:
dialpad_land.gif
dialpad_port.gif

Those files are what I believed to be the underlying digits on the device. They don't exist in the PPCGeeks_OEM folder (of which I know isn't password protected).

While I temporarily fixed it by posting the ROM again - ultimately I want to change my dialer and Tiermann's mod did that. Since he's busy with the kitchen stuff, I was trying to figure out the issue on my own and send to him to fix.

Still trying to do that... and looking at the files one by one.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700

rbinkley is a n00b
Talking Woo!

It's been a while since I was on here... I dropped in on a slow day at work. And boy am I glad I did! The new kitchen is fabulous. You guys should contact Verizon and tell them they need to pay you to make their 6700 worth buying.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Lurker

Drakahr is a n00b
Well I trust your registry suggestions are accurate if it'll take up less space than adding a program I'll do that. It's just odd, without ever using that customizer and editing the registry just messing around with diffrent builds I did get one that I just had to click launch music player and it loaded the awesome audio manager, and showed the song on the home plugin, I thaught it was the coolest thing ever but I found a couple more apps I wanted, blew out the phone again and it wasnt hooked up not sure what I changed.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris

Gervy is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveedem View Post
Try this... I saw it in another post last night... I'm having the same issue with my Vista machine, but I also have an XP so I've been using that...

Plug your USB cable into the back USB slot.... there was a guy that used it on his side panels on his laptop and I tried it on my front panels. He said when he used his read panel it worked.

Don't flame me as I know this sounds stupid... but it's worth a shot.

Not stupid at all .... for you, but for Microsoft.
It's because when you plug the phone into the back set of USB slots, it's on a different USB controller, and forces the install of the drivers again. (Probably something went wrong the 1st time they were installing when you used the front USB slots).

If this works, you can use the front slots again, if you go to Device manager and remove the USB device (not the controller) as this will force the phone drivers to install again.

This is all due to Microsoft being really friendly.... not.
(But hey, it keeps me in a job).

Gervy

--------------
Verizon Droid Eris
Old 11-12-2007, 05:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris

Gervy is a n00b
One issue....

I'll post this in bugs as well, as that's the proper place, but figured most peeps read this thread more.

I've been using the latest version since it's release.
Love it.

The only issue I've hit so far is that while everything else on the phone works... at times "Messaging" won't open. (either from the HTC home shortcut, from Start menu, or even from hitting the icon in explorer). Weird. A soft-reset makes it work again.

Gervy

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development