PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2007, 07:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Kolano is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Apache WM6 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.1908 (Build 18508.0.7.0) 20071217 Bugs/Patches

This is the bug collection thread for the Apache WM6 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.1908 (Build 18508.0.7.0) 20071217. I'll gather bugs into this first message, so folks don't need to poke all over to find them.

Please note that this thread is for bugs occurring in the ROMs produced via the kitchen, the file contents of it's PPCGeeks OEM package, or problems with their configuration or interaction. Bugs related to BuildOS,the tool used to compile/flash the ROM images, should be posted to it's bug thread, see the quote below for further detail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa
BuildOS problems are generally these: Kitchen Installation fails, kitchen shortcuts don't work, application fails to start, Application exits with error msg XXX, unexplainable errors during build or startup, added OEMs don't show in BuildOS, visual display problems in BuildOS, Boot issues (white screen on PPC), and corrupt boot splash.
=== Bugs ===
If you have a bug let us know. Please...
Be specific.
Provide steps to reproduce, including details of any customizations you have made.
Post your "Apache_Helmi_WM6 Selections.txt" file, so relevant BuildOS selections can be replicated.
Uncomfirmed Bugs (Please post if you can confirm/deny)
  • "server cert is wrong"?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by obsidian440 View Post
    I'm having trouble getting my direct push to work again with my exchange server. We are using 2007 with a self-signed ssl cert. On wm5 I was able to use the registry changes along with importing the cert manually to make it work. With my new upgrade I am now getting the message "server cert is wrong". I was unable to find any real answer searching google and these forums. I have tried to manually import the cert and doing the registry change but I'm still running into the same problem.

To be more specific, without the registry change, I get a message stating the server is the wrong name, with the registry it just tells me the certificate is wrong. I have checked all date/time settings on both my server and my phone, both match exactly. I have full access to the exchange server and phone.
  • Vogue Dialer OEM Causes Dialer to Popup on Application Close?
    Quote:
    I have the HTC Vogue dialer and a fairly basic ROM installed from the kitchen. As I was setting up everything it seems the screen kept returning to the dialer view (sometimes the keypad and other times the in call screen).
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
    ...yes I was able to confirm your report by doing a soft reset with password enabled (had similar lockup problems whether it was simple pin or regular password). I could never reproduce that behavior just with a simple inactivity timeout, but I know you said that was random. But it definitely occurred after every soft reset.

I flashed back to every iteration of helmi's wm6 ROM I had and they all suffered that issue. Seems to be some sort of timeout issue... like the device is waiting for "something" once you click unlock, and when it doesn't happen in x amount of time the device gives up and proceeds anyway. That's what it "seems" like anyway--I could be way off base.

I had helmi confirm that it does not occur on the Universal (which is the closest device hardware-wise to the Apache). So it's either a driver issue or something in the registry that's causing it. Hopeully we'll get to the bottom of it soon.
    Quote:
    Hmm I saw the same hang whether I did Simple PIN or Strong Alphanumeric. Have others been able to solve this by choosing Strong Alphanumeric?
  • HTC Task Manager Interferes with Taskbar Battery Meter?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
    I have just flashed my phone from the new kitchen and noticed that the battery meter in the upper right portion of the phone does not work. When I tap on top of it then it should take me to the battery meter but it does not. This used to work in the VZG kitchen.
    Quote:
    It's due to HTC Task Manager (X-button) IIRC.
  • PocketCM Theme Issues?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by reeg420 View Post
    PocketCM doesnt show the touch skin. It showed up by default in earlier oem rar file. I opened the files up and it shows both touch and theme as cmt files but doesnt show in themes setting in CM.

I ended up just using the oem files from the earlier one which had the skin since most of the newer oems in there I dont use anyway.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kolano View Post
    Yes, it appears that the latest kitchen updated to PocketCM .16 (development). In my case only the "Black" and "White" skins seem to do anything, all other themes result in the "White" theme being used.

I'm not sure yet if the issues seen are due to a partially implemented OEM or the developmental status of .16 as of yet. Since we missed listing this in the changelog I'm guessing the former.
  • HTC Home and HTC task manager conflict?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alpine View Post
    I've had major conflicts with the HTC Home plugin and the HTC task manager from the kitchen (both versions). When I boot up the system hangs when I press the task manager X. This only happens when the Home plugin is installed.

To get around this I installed HTC Home v2.1.1005.722 and the updated Home DLL that removes the ID check for it to display on the Today screen.
    cab here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=v2.1.1005.722

Updated DLL here:
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=146

Updated version by BtT with the modified DLL included:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=191
Confirmed Bugs
  • Simple PIN Locks Up Phone?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lazybones View Post
    Soft reset your device while it is enabled.. then let the password screen fully load. I tested it by just setting the password. It happens nearly every time after a soft reset, and randomly when the device is put to sleep.

Edit:

More detailed Steps to reproduce:
    1. Go to settings and lock
    2. Select Simple PIN as your password type and set a password of at least 5 digits
    3. Soft reset your phone
    4. Wait for the device to fully load (IE the tool bar theme has loaded and the phone has found a signal)
    5. Now try to unlock the phone with your pin.
  • Today Agenda is Broken
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ga. Medic
    Today agenda isn't working now. Worked fine before. Installed Today agenda via cab and works fine.
  • Always on Data Connection Broken
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blksprk
    I cant set the data connection to always on without some nasty side effects:
    a. Answering a phone call defaults to speakerphone even though the phone dosnt know it on speaker phone
    b. I get about 5 seconds to answer the phone when it rings then it bumps to voicemail, and when I do answer it the status screen says "Unknown" for the caller, call log lists a missed call from the caller immediately followed by the unknown call.
    These side effect result from both a manual registry edit and using Advanced Config
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fancy_Lad
    I can confirm this problem and here is how I can replicate it every time:

1. Build a ROM and include the Advanced Configuration 1.1 OEM.
    2. Hard reset
    3. Finish the first boot steps
    4. Initiate a data connection (I'm opening PIE and hitting the WindowsMedia.com favorite)
    5. Call your phone. Everything works properly.
    6. Open programs and launch Advanced Configuration
    7. Hit the "Done" softkey (you don't have to change anything)
    8. When prompted, say "yes" to soft-restart
    9. Repeat steps 4 and 5.

When you call the phone this second time, it will do what blksprk described every time for me. Note that I am not making any other registry changes.

On the last release of the Kitchen, I was able to use the older Advanced Configuration 1.0 OEM without issues.
Known Resolutions
  • Album and Resco Explorer Conflict
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tiermann
    You'll get a duplicate file message if you pick both HTC Album and Resco Explorer. Reason being that HTC Album was hacked to let you browse for a directory using resco's dll. I've fixed the duplicate file message for next release, but for now you can just hit ok. Both apps will work with either version of the dll for now anyway.

Last edited by Kolano; 01-10-2008 at 02:36 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Kolano is becoming a great contributor
=== Updated OEMs===
  • Update SPB Pocket Plus OEM (to 4.01)
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajgalbraith98 View Post
    Special thanks to jsavin, who took me to SPB Club where my poking around got the answer that the PocketPlusTouch.dll is repeated in two spots
    (I thought it was a mistake and got rid of the wierd one..thus causing the bug of no smartscrolling)

The fixed OEM in all it's glory is at http://www.ajgalbraith98.com/ppcgeek...1_11-18-07.rar

Also if you would like it to register your key number open the folder and
    then the RGU file and find [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{0B9E877C-7ECA-4790-9BE3-EE1F2566BEF8}]

Add the following DIRECTLY under that line
    @="Spb Buttons Extension"
    "APISet"="YOUR-CODE-WITH-DASHES"
    "Application"=dword:a9401b68
    "Version"=dword:00000000

and bake away

also

SPB Plus 4.02 is comming soon with bug fixes, so please be aware that if you feel it locks up your today screen, it's not my OEM...

--ajgalbraith98
Other OEM add-ons can be found via the PPCGeeks FTP, though only OEMs that update existing PPCGeeks OEM components should be discussed here.
=== Requests ====== Prior Kitchen Updates ===
Thanks everyone from the prior bug threads for helping address many of these issues from the Kitchen Change Log:

Kitchen 071217_1 ChangesPPCGeeks OEMs Rev4 Changes
  • Added HTC Large Titlebar
  • Added HTC Action Screen
  • Added HTC Random Access
  • Fixed Touch Keyboard word completion
  • Fixed RC Mod homepage url
  • Renamed png's in Slide2Unlock .85 so as not to conflict with other OEMs
  • Removed SprintTV. (updates/breaks too often. use a cab.)
  • Updated Advanced Configuration to version 1.1
  • Added MultiStatus Today plugin (Thanks Verizonguy)
  • Updated Microsoft Live Search to latest version.
  • Added RegLogger
  • Added WM Wifi Router
  • Updated HTC Album
  • Added HTC Home 2.1.1005.722. Fixes weather issues.
  • Fixed HTC Home 2.0.814.722 weather tab.
  • PocketIRC default server changed to freenode.
  • Updated WkTask to 1.1.7.0
=== Prior Bug Threads ===

Last edited by Kolano; 01-10-2008 at 02:34 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700

KidGixxer is keeping up the good workKidGixxer is keeping up the good work
HTC Random access Doesn't work on the 6700. Never did. I tested the one in the kitchen and that one doesn't work either.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:31 AM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
1. Today agenda isn't working now. Worked fine before. Installed Today agenda via cab and works fine.
2. HTC Task Manager freezes the entire sysytem when you hit icon in to right corner(todaymenu) on first run and after resets. Seems to run ok after that until another reset. Freezes using HTC Home 2.1 and 2.0.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>

Last edited by GaMedic; 12-18-2007 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Added bug
Old 12-18-2007, 06:59 AM
Lurker

richard is a n00b
Error Rom Size

When i create a Rom, with Standard RUU, Generic carrier.

I have a this error:

Compliled Size (0x395fec0) greater than Max Rom Size (0x38e5800)
Old 12-18-2007, 10:25 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard View Post
When i create a Rom, with Standard RUU, Generic carrier.

I have a this error:

Compliled Size (0x395fec0) greater than Max Rom Size (0x38e5800)
You included too much stuff. Uncheck stuff until the error goes away.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

zenak is a n00b
Flashed and everything looks great!

Two bugs carried over:

1) Pressing the Green phone button brings up the dial pad, but pressing it again doesn't redial the last number. Pressing the talk button on the dialer doesn't either, I have to go into call history to dial.

2) When connected to my BT headset I'm not able to pick up on the handset. This is nice if I have just gotten out of the car (or a meeting) and the phone rings, I can leave the headset connected but talk on the handset. As it is now I have to hit the green talk button, then hit disable head set ASAP or fumble around for the headset. (Ok, so I found a swap button on my dial pad, that helps a lot with this issue)

Last edited by zenak; 12-18-2007 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenak View Post
Flashed and everything looks great!

Two bugs carried over:

1) Pressing the Green phone button brings up the dial pad, but pressing it again doesn't redial the last number. Pressing the talk button on the dialer doesn't either, I have to go into call history to dial.

2) When connected to my BT headset I'm not able to pick up on the handset. This is nice if I have just gotten out of the car (or a meeting) and the phone rings, I can leave the headset connected but talk on the handset. As it is now I have to hit the green talk button, then hit disable head set ASAP or fumble around for the headset. (Ok, so I found a swap button on my dial pad, that helps a lot with this issue)
1) that's likely a function of your dialer, as I don't experience this problem. What dialer are you using?

2) that's not a bug - it's the way it's designed.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Green Line Across the Top of the 6700

Morning all,

Ok first off this kitchen is soo good. You guys have done a fantastic job in keeping this up to date, and I have learned soo much about my phone and how I can customize it. You have saved me a costly upgrade to the 6800!

I flashed my phone using the new kitchen, plus adding an OEM with my own personal settings. After the hard reset I have a strange green line across the top of the phone. Sometimes it goes about three qtrs of the way across, from left to right, and other times it is completely across the screen. Its weird...I swear I have seen this once before so I am not sure if its kitchen related or not.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 12-18-2007, 12:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
Morning all,

Ok first off this kitchen is soo good. You guys have done a fantastic job in keeping this up to date, and I have learned soo much about my phone and how I can customize it. You have saved me a costly upgrade to the 6800!

I flashed my phone using the new kitchen, plus adding an OEM with my own personal settings. After the hard reset I have a strange green line across the top of the phone. Sometimes it goes about three qtrs of the way across, from left to right, and other times it is completely across the screen. Its weird...I swear I have seen this once before so I am not sure if its kitchen related or not.

Thanks,
Steve
Ok stupid me...I figured it out! Its the battery indicator in WKTASK. Sorry to have bothered you all!

Steve

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development