PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2007, 11:14 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Holy Crap Helmi/Batman/Chill/et al!
I finally got a flash that worked... this is freaking amazing.
I tried installing some new things based on some of the text-note "suggestions" and I might actually change my base configuration. I can't believe how fast this thing reboots. And easily overclocked. And the GUI... topbar looks as good as WisBar! WkTask & the Dutty explorer can easily replace Resco and maybe iLauncher.
I'm just stunned.

(Note that there is a new version of WkTask out; when I went to the website and downloaded the new cab, I couldn't install the new version. Didn't have the right "permissions". I'm going to guess that this is because the original is in ROM. So, I'll reflash without WkTask and then reinstall the new version.)

Old 11-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: 6800 (Mogul)

scotbotmosh is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to scotbotmosh
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsail View Post
In the 1st picture, there is a big clock. Does anyone know which today plugin display it? The Kitchen is Great. Everything works except for the Sprint MMS.
If you haven't gotten your sprint mms to work plug in the IP in the server settings tab 65.215.195.152 instead of mms.sprintpcs.com. That worked for me.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotbotmosh View Post
If you haven't gotten your sprint mms to work plug in the IP in the server settings tab 65.215.195.152 instead of mms.sprintpcs.com. That worked for me.
Really strange, and must be a regional-specific thing because I have never needed the IP address. Maybe we can get a running tally of what major market people who need the IP address are in to see if there's any pattern.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4

daveedem is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervy View Post
LOL - that's how I feel. Constant reflashing and re-customizing.
Ahhh, the downside of wanting every little update and tweak to be perfect.

a flashing we will go , a flashing we will go, hi ho merry oh (yah I have a 4 1/2 year old)

just did 3rd flash in as many days... we're all such picky bastards LOL.

Tiermann, Luv2chill, Helmi, GRR..usa, verizonguy... it's like they're our pushers with the latest "fix" for us--- we just have to try it. I feel like such a crack whore.. LMAO

Tiermann... thanks for splitting out Office... great option saving a bit of space.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:55 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
Really strange, and must be a regional-specific thing because I have never needed the IP address. Maybe we can get a running tally of what major market people who need the IP address are in to see if there's any pattern.
Not using the ip address, sent mms, worked fine
Bay area, CA (was in Palo Alto when sent)
Old 11-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Banned User

scotbotmosh is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
Milwaukee Wisconsin, Like I said though I used Verizonguy's kitchen before this and that had the mms.sprintpcs.com entry in the config and it worked perfectly.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:18 PM
Banned User

scotbotmosh is a n00b
Did anyone ever figure out how to get the auto-complete to work in the text messaging app?
Old 11-09-2007, 01:29 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Did anyone ever figure out how to get the auto-complete to work in the text messaging app?
I believe it had something to do with an incompatibility with one of the dialer skins. Vogue, I think.
It's working fine for me.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:32 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Milwaukee Wisconsin, Like I said though I used Verizonguy's kitchen before this and that had the mms.sprintpcs.com entry in the config and it worked perfectly.
That actually makes some sense. Early on (actually back in April for the first WM5 Unified ROM project) I edited the Sprint extrom OEM to use OpenDNS's DNS servers (just as an experiment--didn't do it with any of the other carrier OEMs). However, brightedge indicated some possible issues with using OpenDNS servers, and in trying to keep things more-or-less "stock" I removed the OpenDNS stuff from the Sprint extrom OEM for this kitchen (therefore means it's back to using whatever DNS servers Sprint hands you).

So that's why it worked in verizonguy's kitchen--he was using my older revision of the Sprint extrom OEM with the OpenDNS DNS servers still in it, whereas with this kitchen it's using the default Sprint DNS servers.

I'll try to come up with a better solution to this--using the IP address is usually not preferable because IPs can change whereas usually the host/domain string stays the same.

Also looking for a way to make OpenDNS servers optional in the kitchen.

Last edited by luv2chill; 11-09-2007 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
running J2ME on the Storage Card!

I have a lot of JAVA Apps And Games, but i keep running out of space since JAVA install everything to the device.

Is is possible to run the JAVA runtime (J2ME) installations (games, apps, etc) from the storage card? if so, How?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development