PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2007, 08:43 PM
Lurker

Mr. Marcus is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hope there's a way to fix this. That screen is seeming awfully defiant.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marcus View Post
Hey guys,
I'm somewhat of a newbie, but not completely. I loaded the kitchen. Then I made another one and loaded that one. Now, its just frozen at the initial HTC screen with the Helicopters. Resetting it comes back to the same thing.

Any advice how to get past this?
Did you do a hard reset after the ROM finished? If so you can just put it in bootloader and try a different build. Bootloader instructios are a few post earlier. Post # 263. Just folow luv2chills instructions and you will be good to go.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>

Last edited by GaMedic; 11-07-2007 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Added post #
Old 11-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: China Tel

chinaox is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Not necessary to extract.
1. Get the latest version of the kitchen and latest version of BuildOS.
2. Create a folder in your installation directory called Patches
3. Add the following line to your selections.txt file (add it just after the ExtraDir=Apache_Helmi_WM6\Extra line)
PatchDir=Patches
4. Add your replacement files to the patches folder
5. build your rom. the files in the patches folder will overwrite those in the kitchen.
Many thanks.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

paynej is becoming a great contributor
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by familydog View Post
I Have Been A Hands On Professional College Degreed And U.s. Military Career Electronics And Pc Technician For 25 Years.... Im Not Some Punk With A Couple Of Frankensystems Under His Belt... I Know What Im Doing And What Im Talking About As A Troubleshooting Tech.... Your App Is Hozing Active Sync For Whatever Reason I Dont Know... But Ive Just Proven It....
You've got us. The kitchen was written especially to hose up your particular system. Many hours were put into it so that it would run on all of ours; but not on yours.

Hmmm... PC Technician for 25 years.... That's probably the problem here... But then again, you install a fresh copy of a vendor's XP (HP no less) and then you install a program written to hack a cell phone's rom without even using Windows update to update your PC?

You know, of course, that windows update would have given you the .net component you needed. Right? Heck, it woul have even suggested to you that you install it.

As for active sync. EVERYONE'S ACTIVESYNC IS KILLED DURING THE FLASH. Come on man, stop and think about it for a moment ok? What does activesync do???

It talks to Windows Mobile, right?

Well how can it talk to windows mobile on your phone WHEN YOU ARE OVERWRITING THE OS IN THE PHONE????

So sit back an take a chill pill. There are many here who will tell you I am not their favorite person; but your comments are more rabid than intelligent.

Worse than that; you're tenure as a PC Technician makes those of us who know what we are talking about look bad.

If you're still a PC Technician; then ask your Network Administrator for help. They should be able to explain it to you.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

paynej is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervy View Post
3) The fact that you're a PC tech of 25 years means you must really suck ass not to move on to bigger and better things in 25 freaking years
You are so right!!! I think that if I were still only a PC Technician after 25 years that I would be ashamed to admit it. Anyone who can't get any higher up than that after all that time has been "left" in the position for a real reason.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
What is sad is the fact that I have no experience as a PC tech and I figured it out with the help of the folks here. No shouting or screaming needed.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Lurker

ricegurukid is a n00b
now at the "Device Software Update Utility" Screen it says

DEVICE CE IMAGE VER : 2.07.20
DEVICE EXTENDED IMAGE VER : 2.07.200
DEVICE RADIO IMAGE VERSION : 1.10.00

TO:

CE IMAGE VERSION : WM6_AKU_070
EXTENDED IMAGE VERSION : (THIS PART IS BLANK..?)
RADIO IMAGE VERSION : (THIS IS BLANK ASWELL)

please help me, I'm not sure if I should go on or if I missed something.
Thanks guys!!!!!
Old 11-07-2007, 09:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: UTStarcom PPC6700TE
Carrier: movistar Venezuela

Wolf71 is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Wolf71 Send a message via AIM to Wolf71 Send a message via MSN to Wolf71 Send a message via Yahoo to Wolf71 Send a message via Skype™ to Wolf71
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
A bunch of people worked unimaginable numbers of hours to create a kitchen that already has most of the bugs worked out. I'm sure more will be found by the good users of PPCGeeks, but for the most part every bug reported with Helmi's WM6 ROM release on 8/31/2007 has been fixed. This kitchen also has helmi's appropriate core version (CE OS 5.2.1908.) to match with the AKU .7.0 system files--which always makes for better stability than trying to run newer OS files on an older core.

Some of the primary improvements over helmi's WM6 (AKU .4.2 ROM release):

1. Fully working WiFi (fix automatic connection issue?)
2. Correct Picture Mail site for Sprint users (not for me)
3. Fully working Voice Command OEM included (including fix for Announcements over Bluetooth) (this yes)
4. Newer version of HTC Home Plugin (also)
5. Fully working IR (supposed resolved issue on 0.6c)
6. Several compatible phone skins, including the brand new one from the HTC Vogue (EDIT: As well as the default crossbow skin--if you do not choose a skin then you will get the stock one) (let's see it)
7. All modules have had their memory allocations relocated so no more chance of overlapping memory regions (which could cause lots of random errors). (no more scrambled bootlogo, i hope)
8. Several commonly requested tweaks are in the kitchen by default (no connection bubble, power saving tweaks, time sync automatically, only calibration and time zone steps in welcome wizard, all phone settings pages unhidden, lots more...) (time zone adjust is neccesary on this step)
9. If you choose a carrier during your build there will be no need for the soft reset at first boot to prevent your extrom from installing--that's been turned off
10. Two new carriers have been added (Aliant and Movistar Venezuela--please test if you use those carriers) (if i install my carrier, dont mess with received messages? the first 11 chars appears instead the sender number??)
11. Latest version of CDMA-specific MMS app (3.0.26.11c) from the Alltel PPC6800. This version has been tested to work fully on Sprint, Verizon, and Alltel (Wrong!!! 4.2.5.1 is the latest)
12. Your choice of traditional SD-only or SDHC-compatible drivers (I still recommend the SD-only set unless you need to use SDHC cards) (designed to not work together)
13. Properly functioning 1x/Ev switch (already functioning)

Read all in red
Old 11-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

xv6700zj is a n00b
Thanks for all your hard work!!!! I use the new kitchen, and use the default selections. After refreshed, I put my phone near computer, the computer can find the device, but when i want to transfer a file by IR beam, it appear "error"!! Transferring files beteen the two phones is OK! so i think it is the problem of OBEX.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: UTStarcom PPC6700TE
Carrier: movistar Venezuela

Wolf71 is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Wolf71 Send a message via AIM to Wolf71 Send a message via MSN to Wolf71 Send a message via Yahoo to Wolf71 Send a message via Skype™ to Wolf71
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricegurukid View Post
now at the "Device Software Update Utility" Screen it says

DEVICE CE IMAGE VER : 2.07.20
DEVICE EXTENDED IMAGE VER : 2.07.200
DEVICE RADIO IMAGE VERSION : 1.10.00

TO:

CE IMAGE VERSION : WM6_AKU_070
EXTENDED IMAGE VERSION : (THIS PART IS BLANK..?)
RADIO IMAGE VERSION : (THIS IS BLANK ASWELL)

please help me, I'm not sure if I should go on or if I missed something.
Thanks guys!!!!!
In my case, all the three first appears blank, not problem at all

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development