PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2007, 01:51 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalexone View Post
I just picked up a PPC-6700 and am in the process of performing firmware updates. I noticed that Helmi_c has provided some wonderful updates to take PPC users from WM5 to WM6. This is fabulous! Only question I have is that, looking at both Kitchen and OEM, which one should I install? There seem to be over 100 pages of emails and I so far haven't seen info on which one to grab. Thanks a bunch!

Steven

=D>
You have to have the kitchen, oem is optional. PPCGeeks_OEM contains extra stuff, which most people want.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:20 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the word "Start" on the topbar?
I've managed to get rid of the titles of running programs by using iLauncher's task manager to insert notification icons (that's another issue), but I still can't get rid of the word Start.

If anyone is familiar w/iLauncher and can help me to remove that Desktop icon and/or the Phone icon (that has now decided it won't leave; not shown in this capture) I'd greatly appreciate that also.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pc_capture3.jpg (24.1 KB, 91 views) Click for barcode!

Old 12-09-2007, 09:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700>6800

mbartels is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I've managed to get rid of the titles of running programs by using iLauncher's task manager to insert notification icons (that's another issue), but I still can't get rid of the word Start.

If anyone is familiar w/iLauncher and can help me to remove that Desktop icon and/or the Phone icon (that has now decided it won't leave; not shown in this capture) I'd greatly appreciate that also.
Trident,

Somebody posted that question in the Ilauncher forum (http://forums.sbsh.net/index.php?showtopic=19817) and even the Ilauncher programmers are stuggling to hide the "Start" although, as you've said, they got rid of other program titles. I suspect we're stuck with it for a while unless somebody can figure out how to change that in the registry.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700

moparman141 is a n00b
Hello, I'm new to this forum and to tweaking a sprint 6700 with a kitchen. I've got the rom "cooked" that I want and already on my phone. Problem is that the apps. seem to not be in settings or any places that the items selected should be. Did I miss something simple in the build process that needs done to activate the items on the phone? Sorry for the bother, but I am truly a newbee with using a kitchen. Thanks for any help.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
look in programs.

If you don't see them there, then tell us specifically what you are looking for that you can't find.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II
Carrier: Bell Mobility

sportster44 is just getting started
Wisbar advance 3 will allow you to get rid of the Start word in the task bar.

BTW I've finally tried out the kitchen and have to admit it was more like using an Easy BaKE oven.

Thanks to all who have toiled to make cooking a ROM so easy.

My only problem is the green tinge to my bootloader screens. Downloaded the latest kitchen last week from Tierman's site, but still have the tinge no matter what image i try.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportster44 View Post
My only problem is the green tinge to my bootloader screens. Downloaded the latest kitchen last week from Tierman's site, but still have the tinge no matter what image i try.
Get the updated BuildOS from the BuildOS sticky.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC-6700

stalexone is a n00b
The basics with the WM5 apps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
You have to have the kitchen, oem is optional. PPCGeeks_OEM contains extra stuff, which most people want.
So if I understand you correctly, if I install the basic kitchen with Sprint PCS selected as carrier, will I get the same apps, etc that I saw on my 6700 with WM5 installed? My goal is to build a WM6 ROM with the exact same apps/features as WM5, then go from there. So is that the basic default kitchen build? If not, care to post the .txt of what the WM5 equivalent would look like using the kitchen. After I have that, I will add on, hoping not to exceed ROM size of course. Thanks!

Steven
Old 12-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalexone View Post
So if I understand you correctly, if I install the basic kitchen with Sprint PCS selected as carrier, will I get the same apps, etc that I saw on my 6700 with WM5 installed? My goal is to build a WM6 ROM with the exact same apps/features as WM5, then go from there. So is that the basic default kitchen build? If not, care to post the .txt of what the WM5 equivalent would look like using the kitchen. After I have that, I will add on, hoping not to exceed ROM size of course. Thanks!

Steven
I don't know if MMS is in the basic kitchen, but otherwise, yes. The basic kitchen comes with a .txt that has the "stock" selections.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Smile today calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post

what calendar today plug-in are you using?? i like it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development