PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 06:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: [HSPL-UNLOCKER] - - Rhodium W HardSPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjchang View Post
i am not a noob. i had a touch diamond and i unlocked and flashed roms many times. i'm not an expert either.

i keep getting errors.
QUESTION:
does my phone have to be activated on sprint in order for the unlocking to work? i currently have two phones i just got online, and i want to install custom roms in them first before i activate one of them and sell my diamond.

this is what i get right now

-----------------------------------------------
Fatal Error
Please make sure the device is properly synced; Please retry after syncing the device (via Activesync or Windows Mobile Device Center)

Error
If you could not get the device properly synced; then try installing this CAB on you phone: Http://hpcmonex.net/roms/enablerapinew.cab and retry in Automatic flash mode
---------------------------------

obviously my phone is synced to my computer. i can transfer files and in the WinMo Center it says "connected" in green. i have two TP2's on hand and both are reacting the same way. I tried a diff computer and the same response.
i don't think it has to be activated. I know it can't be in airplane mode. Did you install the cab file?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 800w
Carrier: Sprint

stevenjchang is a n00b

i did, on both phones.... but it took less than 1 sec to complete the cab install....
is there a specific place to install it? what does the cab do? do i have to open a program after the cab installs?
Old 07-23-2010, 06:38 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
i did, on both phones.... but it took less than 1 sec to complete the cab install....
is there a specific place to install it? what does the cab do? do i have to open a program after the cab installs?
at what step are you getting this error and is it happening right away or after waiting?
Old 07-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Lurker

stevenjchang is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
at what step are you getting this error and is it happening right away or after waiting?
i'm using RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_10R3
it is immediate. if i choose "Flash Hard-SPL" (Automatic flash) i get the error immediately. if i choose "Manual Flash" it will take me through all the steps then show the error. it never hangs (waits) and then gives me the error, it also never gets to the 3 color screen or the 0% grey screen.

i tried to just flash energy rom directly without unlocking (thinking maybe its already unlocked), using that method i got to the 0% screen. about 2 min later it froze and i rebooted the phone and it was fine.

but the fact that the the ruu for the energy rom did not encounter the "not-synced" error msg shows that it is synced.

it seems synced, i can transfer files, etc...

------
one variable could be that on first attempt, i had avast, threatfire, and comodo running. it came up as a trojan and all of those things went crazy. threatfire even asked me if i wanted to elimiate the processes, i think i clicked the wrong button cuz after that my RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_10R3 zip and extracted files were both erased. i have since turned everything off.

HOWEVER. i tried on a second pc where everything was turned off and i still got the exact same results. also the second pc was never used with my touch diamond, where as my primary pc is the one i used to unlock the diamond a while back

thanks for helping hope someone knows whats up

Last edited by stevenjchang; 07-23-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:09 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
i'm using RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_10R3
it is immediate. if i choose "Flash Hard-SPL" (Automatic flash) i get the error immediately. if i choose "Manual Flash" it will take me through all the steps then show the error. it never hangs (waits) and then gives me the error, it also never gets to the 3 color screen or the 0% grey screen.

i tried to just flash energy rom directly without unlocking (thinking maybe its already unlocked), using that method i got to the 0% screen. about 2 min later it froze and i rebooted the phone and it was fine.

but the fact that the the ruu for the energy rom did not encounter the "not-synced" error msg shows that it is synced.

it seems synced, i can transfer files, etc...
when you choose automatic, is it giving you the exact message you posted above? Or is it telling you that they've detected that you've unlocked before?
Old 07-23-2010, 07:11 PM
Lurker

stevenjchang is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
when you choose automatic, is it giving you the exact message you posted above? Or is it telling you that they've detected that you've unlocked before?
its telling me the exact msg i posted, it does not say that i've unlocked before
ps ~ razorloves - i've edited my previous post by adding the last two paragraphs of additional info. and thank you razorloves

------------
UPDATE - i just flashed it with sprint's stock rom, and it worked fine... once again showing that the phone is properly synced.... but the RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_10R3 just wont work.
is there an older version of this.... i'm trying to read the 199 pages of this thread but its hard to find.

Last edited by stevenjchang; 07-23-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:50 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
its telling me the exact msg i posted, it does not say that i've unlocked before
ps ~ razorloves - i've edited my previous post by adding the last two paragraphs of additional info. and thank you razorloves

------------
UPDATE - i just flashed it with sprint's stock rom, and it worked fine... once again showing that the phone is properly synced.... but the RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_10R3 just wont work.
is there an older version of this.... i'm trying to read the 199 pages of this thread but its hard to find.
have you tried redownloading it? and are you sure your av and firewall software is temporarily disabled. It must be disabled before you even download it. Also, might need to add it to the exceptions in your av software. The hard spl unlocker does not work like RUU's that you're use to, so dont be expecting the usual bootloader screen and grey progress screen.

Last edited by razorloves; 07-23-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

tryinghard is a n00b

Help Please with the unlocker.
Harware/Software
1. Sprint TP2
2. Windows XP

This is my first attempt at it, I tried it and got the message I have tried it before. I have already done the following
1. Bootloader
2. Run as administrator
3. HARD RESET
now I am getting a connection error message, it says the device is not connected. This is my first phone that I am trying to unlock.

Can this be fixed only by paying? How much donation do I have to make for it to work? Also, what happens after I make the donation, do I get a key or something?

Please help...
Old 07-25-2010, 09:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Touch Pro 2

jstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryinghard View Post
Help Please with the unlocker.
Harware/Software
1. Sprint TP2
2. Windows XP

This is my first attempt at it, I tried it and got the message I have tried it before. I have already done the following
1. Bootloader
2. Run as administrator
3. HARD RESET
now I am getting a connection error message, it says the device is not connected. This is my first phone that I am trying to unlock.

Can this be fixed only by paying? How much donation do I have to make for it to work? Also, what happens after I make the donation, do I get a key or something?

Please help...
The connection error is one ive seen with xp and active sync. you pretty much have to keep plugging it in until you get active sync to work. (try soft reseting if replugging it in does't work). If after it says you still unlocked before it you can make a donation and i think its like 6 or 7 us dollars and it just runs the unlocker once it donation has been made. hope this helps.

Also Razorloves I thought that I would drop a couple thanks your way since I see you always helping alot of the noobs with the TP2 and TP and not receiving any thanks.

Last edited by jstn76rs; 07-25-2010 at 09:40 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

tryinghard is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstn76rs View Post
The connection error is one ive seen with xp and active sync. you pretty much have to keep plugging it in until you get active sync to work. (try soft reseting if replugging it in does't work). If after it says you still unlocked before it you can make a donation and i think its like 6 or 7 us dollars and it just runs the unlocker once it donation has been made. hope this helps.

Also Razorloves I thought that I would drop a couple thanks your way since I see you always helping alot of the noobs with the TP2 and TP and not receiving any thanks.
Thanks jstn, I must have a tried a dozen times but I guess I will have to pay. To be clear, the moment I pay it gets resolved or do they send a key or something, is it automatic?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development