PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 02:16 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

maybe some donations would help him in changing his mind and bringing back 1.8.5, it's a possibility worth asking about.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

hurdpcs is keeping up the good workhurdpcs is keeping up the good work
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
my bt hangs up just fine...

@ninja thanks man that works great!

@tera ive been using the cooked in version of swype since 1/23 and it is working fine. no freezing lagging stalling or any other weird issues. ive noticed that nrg's cooked in version uses less files and the files are in different locations. you asked for a short explanation about swype for the wiki?well after trying many swype cabs id have to say:

nrg's cooked in version of swype works great. it is the only version I have used that works with no lagging it freezing issues.
What are you using?? I've tried Jawbone Icon (current) and a Jabra X-10 and neither one will hang up. Energy is the only ROM I have trouble with, but I like it so well that I stick with it despite the no hang up problem.

Last edited by hurdpcs; 01-26-2011 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:07 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegimus View Post
I'm also getting the impression that Cookie 2.0 is at the root of all the bugs and lockups... I had very few issues with 1.85.
NRG, Please offer versions with the older Cookie 1.85!!
Thanks for all your efforts!
Really? ya think? (agreed in part that cookie is probably causing issues) lol... I'm gonna post this again :>))
DREAM PHONE - Mini guide :>)) Like this guy: #42 or this one: EDIT: I have been running overclocked since yesterday morning w/o charging and no reboots. Still have 120 mb ram free and 49% battery life left. Unbelievable!
Why not dump cookie, double RAM & see if your problems go away?! There's only been like 10 posts in the last 10 days blaming Cookie 2 & I didn't write any of them...
Yea, try the NRG sense ROM's or titanium... let us know your results...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
All this from an EVO guy? :>))
Great to see you didn't dump us for good! LOL
It's bad enough you got an EVO, but you're actually getting rid of the TP2... hehe

*edit* also... just got off the phone with a buddy, he has both.. here's his words for what it's worth...
Epic, twice the battery life, 2x processing power, can run 10apps doesn't slow down his wifes EVO does, & Epic screen is much brighter...
He said the only drawback: EVO comes with 2.2, Epic comes with 2.1 but due out in next couple of months..
Re. your earlier post, yea... should sell easy @ that price (based on what the others sold theirs for.... good luck!

*edit* by the way, NRG just did a fly by.. dropped a pm... gone (so he may have seen the 1.8.5 plea..)

Last edited by teradog; 01-26-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmanmike View Post
Yes, I have been having a lot of freezes and lockups with most of the ROMs in the last few weeks, I can not find a method to the madness but it usually appears to be Cookie 2.0 messing up. The last really stable one I had was Dec 13th. So if any one knows where that could be downloaded, I would appreciate it.
yea, don't install anything and see what happends.... i don't think it's the rom, it's user error i suspect. I had 2 f'in cabs messing things up... haven't had problems at all since; latest rom 29007 is most defiantly still the business. killer work NRGz

Last edited by MassStash; 01-26-2011 at 05:22 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Wizard>Universal>Rhodium
Carrier: Qtel

cutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

is there any option to sign out facebook in HTC SENSE..
i m thinking 2 do so, as FB is not syncing in sense...
Old 01-26-2011, 04:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Dold is just getting started

I have been following this thread since mids of last year. I wanted to say goodbye and thank you to NRGZ28 and all community members. I think this rom is great. But I'm switching to Tmobile G2 (Desire Z). Hope to see in some near future NRGZ28 cooking a rom for this phone.
I got to say though that I'm impressed with android... this phone runs at 800 mghz and I truly think microsoft has dropped the ball in their os.. even when OC at 720 my good old TP2 didn't had a snappy /fluid interface as this one. It just works... it reminds me of a nokia phone on early years, just turn it on and works and works....
Although not everything is great, it lacks some features I really miss.
SD Encryption
In call Recording
Proxy Config...

Again thank you for all. Even if I haven't been asking to much I have been reading all posts in here and they helped me a lot... Thanks.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:07 PM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

** If you're on Sprint, RUN CARRIER PROVISIONING ***
Yes, some time ago this fall NRG switched the default provisioning from Verizon to Sprint... (which eliminated 10000 why does my keyboard not work Q's) AND, I have told many, they don't need to run it.

However... 2 things at least have convinced me to start running it & recommend doing it again.

1. Been having some obscure issues with text msging lately... not getting many or delay in delivery. Called sprint, did some testing, they sent me one & I didn't get it. No one can send me one via email 1234567890@messaging.sprintpcs.com should work, but it didn't. (replace 1-0 with the phone # u want 2 txt 2) I couldn't send myself one...
2. ## codes not working (see quotes below), (didn't really care as I simply ran epst from ninja ducks cabs forever...)

Ran the provisioning, all tests of text messaging that failed above worked great & sure enough, all my ## codes started working fine again...

"here is a list of Sprint ## codes here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...ml#post1234659"

Also instead of running field trial exe, (off SD or ninja duck cab... as it's no longer in the rom) but simply type: ##33284# - Debug - FieldTrial Debug Info
thanks/d to powinmo & WFG posts below for getting me thinking about it...

Also, ## codes have been added to FAQ now
Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
I'd point you to the WIKI in post #6, but there's nothing yet about EPST codes (that ## stuff for your MSL).
You'll need to install the Carrier Provisioning for Sprint to have access to the EPST via the dialer:

START MENU->TOOLS->CARRIER PROVISIONING.

Select SPRINT, and tap APPLY. (or whatever your carrier is)

Be sure to allow the phone to reboot if prompted.
teradog, maybe add this to the wiki ? Or I can...
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFG View Post
Updating you Profile should fix that, here is the cab I use...
edit: The ## codes work after installing the energy's carrier provisioning... here is a list of Sprint ## codes here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...ml#post1234659

Last edited by teradog; 01-26-2011 at 04:30 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: Orange

Monfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Really? ya think? (agreed in part that cookie is probably causing issues) lol... I'm gonna post this again :>))
DREAM PHONE - Mini guide :>)) Like this guy: #42 or this one: EDIT: I have been running overclocked since yesterday morning w/o charging and no reboots. Still have 120 mb ram free and 49% battery life left. Unbelievable!
Why not dump cookie, double RAM & see if your problems go away?! There's only been like 10 posts in the last 10 days blaming Cookie 2 & I didn't write any of them...
Yea, try the NRG sense ROM's or titanium... let us know your results...
Also i experienced freezes with CHT2.0: turning off and then on the display makes Sense to work again.
Anyway CHT2.0 is really a big improvement over CHT1.8.5: other than the freezing problem, there is no comparison between the 2.
I feel CHT1.8.5 really slow compared to CHT2.0, and the last offer a big range of customization with widgets and free links.

Actually i am running (again, after a couple of months with only CHT2.0) the Standard rom with CHT1.7.1 over it.
Standard rom is really fast, and CHT1.7.1 offer the possibility of some good customization, without losing speed and stability.
With this configuration i can run home tab animations without problems at all (with the others CHT they are quite slow).

The bad thing is that only CHT1.8.5 and CHT2.0 have the HDwallpaper mod incorporated...so with CHT1.7.1 is better to keep the black background or install the mod (by CookieMonster too) that enables HDwall (i am attaching it, if someone is interested). After that you can create your own HDwall cab (or use the standard grey/black background that the mod will set).

Sometimes i remember how snappy and problemless was Raphael
Anyway i think i will stick for a while with TP2...unless some developer will bring wm6.5.x to the new wp7 phones
Attached Files
File Type: cab 01_HQWpPatch_v1.30_forManila2.5.cab (48.1 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-26-2011, 04:41 PM
VIP Member - Retired

Hey monfro, at least it's not an iphone!

... still crying... never saw this b4...
Another reason I don't own an iPhone...
Damn You Auto Correct! » Best Of DYAC
(off topic... but sorry, just had to share)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
Drat, I thought I was next in line! Are the Android gods punishing me? Guess I need to make VIP first. I need 24 more Thanks! Come on people, thank me! lol Congrats on the Evo. It would be my choice too, on Sprint, despite its age and numerous flaws...

Anyway, as tempted as I am to run forth into the sweet embrace of Android, I'm dying to hear what Sprint and magician extraordinaire David Blaine have to say for themselves on Feb. 7th. It's the only thing holding me back. "Industry first"? Just give me the LG 2X already!
Hate seeing you with only needing only 5 more. Give me a couple of minutes and you will be there
This post has been thanked 5 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development