PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 07:37 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Internet Pictures in Email Remain Blocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailblazerman View Post
I have the same issue with the same ROM.

Separate but along the same lines-I would like to change Outlook to always download internet pictures and quit asking me. I looked in the registry and didn't find anything...
dont usually notice stuff like that, so went back & tried, internet pics dl'd just fine.. it did ck 4 site certificate though.. gonna need more info yet.

what email? i was using 1 of my godaddy accounts... pop mail... u?
may have something to do with the type & or provider & permissions

re. ur q: account picker, menu, options, dl size limits
post via tp2

Last edited by teradog; 02-21-2011 at 07:46 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo 755p > HTC TP2 > Android
Carrier: T-Mobile

akeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
...tried, internet pics dl'd just fine.. it did ck 4 site certificate though.. gonna need more info yet. what email? i was using... pop mail... u? may have something to do with the type & or provider & permissions. re. ur q: account picker, menu, options, dl size limits...
I have 8 email accounts using 4 providers/domains---hotmail, yahoo, at&t, & gmail---all pop, except for yahoo, so I have a good variety of settings, yet same result. All set to download entire message, secure incoming & outgoing. Only other things I can think of are 1) Trying using a single hotmail account, since I am utilizing the "enabling multiple hotmail accounts" tweak, which could be causing problems; and 2) Setting my email up manually, since it's currently being auto-restored via XDA_UC and .xml file.

Note: In the midst of typing this post, I realized that SSL was not required for incoming & outgoing on any of my accounts... changing now... Let's see if that fixes it... Well, nope. Didn't change anything. Bummer. Had my hopes up :/
Old 02-21-2011, 10:39 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeaw3000 View Post
Okay, I've waited through about three or four ROMs to post this issue. It seems a few others have mentioned it too, but I've only found a partial solution. When I click "download Internet pictures" in my email, it just goes back to "Internet pictures blocked" and does not download the pictures. The partial solution is to set the download size limit to "Entire Message", but all that actually does is download images that are embedded/attached, but not internet-linked (hope this makes sense). Am I the only one seeing this? I want to say I noticed this around the release of the November or December ROMs, but here's my setup: EnergyROM 13.Dec CHT 1.8.5 - OS: 5.2.29005 - Sense: 2.5 [2019] - Radio: 2.32.00WF - OC: 710 mHz.
o ive had that issue before and it drove me crazy... I will see about getting this added to the wiki. the culprit was a swype cab i was using at the time. im sure there are other cabs that can also cause similar results. seems that swype and some other cabs screw up something in wm messaging. the only resolution ive found was a hard reset and not to install the cab. so do you have a swype cab installed or any other cab/tweak you have done around the time you started noticing this issue?

@ the guy trying to get the pictures to automatically download instead of having to click "download internet pictures"... not gonna happen. i looked into that and it doesnt seem possible. its a security feature... some of those im ages could contain viruses and whatnot.

on a side note, wow wtf... a new rom was released and i didnt even know... smh @ myself lol
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 12| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

I am going nuts. I had flashed Feb 1. Cookie, regular. Working fast and well. Normally a couple of days, the ROMS settle down. This was exactly the opposite. It was great in the beginning. Then after a few days, then weeks, it started going crazy. It now crashes three or four times a Day. It will crash right after reboot. The screen will be messed up all the time on the sense home. Cookie with replace icons with other icons for no reason whatsover. Arrugh. I am not overclocking or doing anything else weird.

I blame it on sunspots.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:59 AM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 12| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
I am going nuts. I had flashed Feb 1. Cookie, regular. Working fast and well. Normally a couple of days, the ROMS settle down. This was exactly the opposite. It was great in the beginning. Then after a few days, then weeks, it started going crazy. It now crashes three or four times a Day. It will crash right after reboot. The screen will be messed up all the time on the sense home. Cookie with replace icons with other icons for no reason whatsover. Arrugh. I am not overclocking or doing anything else weird.

I blame it on sunspots.
I had a very similar experience and that is why I went back to Dec 13th again. Of course, I went back right when the 19th ROM was released.

I have flashed it as of last night and so far I cannot tell any difference form the 12th. It is smooth, performs well, and is moderate on battery life. I am a little apprehensive about saying all is well given my experience being similar to what you described on the last 2 ROMs.

I will post back as I use it more.

Part of me wonders if there was no update and NRG is conducting a social experiment by not changing anything to see if people claim that it is faster/better.

Last edited by NinjaDuck; 02-21-2011 at 12:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: Orange

Monfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
I had a very similar experience and that is why I went back to Dec 13th again. Of course, I went back right when the 19th ROM was released.

I have flashed it as of last night and so far I cannot tell any difference form the 12th. It is smooth, performs well, and is moderate on battery life. I am a little apprehensive about saying all is well given my experience being similar to what you described on the last 2 ROMs.

I will post back as I use it more.

Part of me wonders if there was no update and NRG is conducting a social experiment by not changing anything to see if people claim that it is faster/better.
I am thinking the same

I had no bad experience with 28244 roms: they were all running fine.

28244 roms are getting smoother and faster for me, one after the other:
on 19th feb i managed to run "SetCpuSpeed1.0d" without SODs...before i was running "OC_ Auto_v4.21" for Msm7kCpuSpeed.
On 1st feb i was still running WiMoSpeed...for this i see them faster

Msm7kCpuSpeed + SetCpuSpeed1.0d is the fastest OverClock tool for Rhodium.

Last edited by Monfro; 02-21-2011 at 01:20 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan

signalsoldier is a n00b

ABC123

I am about to give this Rom a whirl....currently running MightyRom for the past year. Without going through 3 thousand plus pages...where can I find the ABC123 on how to install this. Is it a process of running a few files or is it just one stop one pop?

thanks guys I hear this Rom rocks by the way.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2

gogent is a n00b

I've been using SPB Backup to restore my contacts only. Is there a better solution out there? I heard that SPB can carry over residue from the previous builds.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan

signalsoldier is a n00b

Hey try PPCPimBackup....ive used it for about 3 years now and it never failed me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo 755p > HTC TP2 > Android
Carrier: T-Mobile

akeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
...ive had that issue before... I will see about getting this added to the wiki. the culprit was a swype cab... seems that swype and some other cabs screw up something in wm messaging. the only resolution ive found was a hard reset and not to install the cab...
Been doing this for so long, starting to forget the basics! Thx for reminding me. I don't have a swype cab (already cooked in; dunno if U knew; just press & hold Ur kb), but I do have several cabs & regs hanging out in my "XDA_UC" folder. I guess next flash I'll install one-by-one & find out which dirty little culprit is stealing my email images...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development