PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 2| 21916|21683 * Sense 201

just wanted to update on my quickGPS, i was curious how long mine had left before expired so i went and checked it and it had like 8 minutes, so i hit the power button to power down the phone and go back to what i was going, later i went to use the phone and the screen for updating the quickGPS was up saying it had expired, so i just hit the ok button to close it out and was going to check it again later, well i went and checked it later and it did in fact update, when i hit the ok button that shouldn't have updated it since it has that big update button in the bottom middle of the screen, so i'm taking it that mine automatically updated, that's my conclusion.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 2| 21916|21683 * Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
just wanted to update on my quickGPS, i was curious how long mine had left before expired so i went and checked it and it had like 8 minutes, so i hit the power button to power down the phone and go back to what i was going, later i went to use the phone and the screen for updating the quickGPS was up saying it had expired, so i just hit the ok button to close it out and was going to check it again later, well i went and checked it later and it did in fact update, when i hit the ok button that shouldn't have updated it since it has that big update button in the bottom middle of the screen, so i'm taking it that mine automatically updated, that's my conclusion.
I had a similar experience on one of my other Sprint TP2s.

I saw other posts in the past three days about this as well. I had QuickGPS not updating for pretty much most of the late Aug and early Oct ROMs. I flashed...

Energy.RHODCDMA.21683.Sense2.5.Cookie.Oct.25.7z (this is my usual flavor of ROM for a while now)

and reset my usual quickgps.reg I put in my XDA_UC to enable updating when ROAMING - even though I am in a native Sprint 3G area. My same original reg file worked for ROMs since I started using XDA_UC some time ago. After I did this, the updating seemed to happen normally for my TP2s.

Not sure what QuickGPS options everyone has enabled or what settings they have in some kind of .reg during setup (eg, via XDA_UC). Prior post discussions did not mention them, unless I glossed over (sorry if I did).

I also searched XDA for threads about quickgps failures, and the reasons and possible fixes spanned various theories, etc. For now, QuickGPS seems tp works fine on all of my Sprint TP2s updated to at least Oct 25 or later. Which will auto update even if I manually delete the "\windows\xtra.bin" file that quickgps downloads and thinks no update was ever performed.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: USCC

phalkon30 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
I have not tried CHT 2.0 yet, does it slow down a TP2 more than 1.8.5? 2.0 introduces a lot of stuff I may not even really need.
I found 2.0 to be frustratingly slow on the TP2. It would randomly get near lockups doing normal tasks and had lots of issues for me switching between landscape and portrait. I really couldn't find any advantages to using it and have been MUCH happier with my phone now that I'm back on classic cookie.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

raulk is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to raulk

first i want to THANK YOU for the ROM...ROM is slick...but battery life is not that good...is anyone has same problem?
Old 11-03-2010, 01:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

Anybody else besides me have XDA_UC stop working when it is supposed to install the SD cabs and then restart?

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt
Old 11-03-2010, 01:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

mavblues is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmavblues is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmavblues is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Another issue (maybe by design?) Opera opens websites in mobile view, even though I have Opera set to display full versions of websites.

Ex: ESPN comes up in mobile view.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
actually its the sides of the button that makes things happen... tap the left side, it goes away.. tap the right side, the SIP menu comes up
Or, you can tap just below it on the slider/magnification bar to make it go away too.

David
Old 11-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulk View Post
first i want to THANK YOU for the ROM...ROM is slick...but battery life is not that good...is anyone has same problem?
See post 27652, FAQ #13

look at that... the FAQ is already getting used

Please thank Teradog
Old 11-03-2010, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

lovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I just flashed the 21683 sencity Nov 2 ROM. I notice that on this on and the Oct 20 when I long press the end key the popup screen no longer has the wifi/bluetooth options.

I thought that this was updated to include the additional options, did it get lost somewhere? I know it worked on one of the earlier versions.

thanks
dave
Old 11-03-2010, 02:38 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdappcgeek View Post
See post 27652, FAQ #13
look at that... the FAQ is already getting used
Please thank Teradog
LOL! Would thank you for the humor but am still out since yesterday...

Certainly FAQ wasn't even read at all by that guy that post above you... #20!! :>))

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development