View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 12:51 PM
powinmo
PPCGeeks Regular

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 2| 21916|21683 * Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
just wanted to update on my quickGPS, i was curious how long mine had left before expired so i went and checked it and it had like 8 minutes, so i hit the power button to power down the phone and go back to what i was going, later i went to use the phone and the screen for updating the quickGPS was up saying it had expired, so i just hit the ok button to close it out and was going to check it again later, well i went and checked it later and it did in fact update, when i hit the ok button that shouldn't have updated it since it has that big update button in the bottom middle of the screen, so i'm taking it that mine automatically updated, that's my conclusion.
I had a similar experience on one of my other Sprint TP2s.

I saw other posts in the past three days about this as well. I had QuickGPS not updating for pretty much most of the late Aug and early Oct ROMs. I flashed...

Energy.RHODCDMA.21683.Sense2.5.Cookie.Oct.25.7z (this is my usual flavor of ROM for a while now)

and reset my usual quickgps.reg I put in my XDA_UC to enable updating when ROAMING - even though I am in a native Sprint 3G area. My same original reg file worked for ROMs since I started using XDA_UC some time ago. After I did this, the updating seemed to happen normally for my TP2s.

Not sure what QuickGPS options everyone has enabled or what settings they have in some kind of .reg during setup (eg, via XDA_UC). Prior post discussions did not mention them, unless I glossed over (sorry if I did).

I also searched XDA for threads about quickgps failures, and the reasons and possible fixes spanned various theories, etc. For now, QuickGPS seems tp works fine on all of my Sprint TP2s updated to at least Oct 25 or later. Which will auto update even if I manually delete the "\windows\xtra.bin" file that quickgps downloads and thinks no update was ever performed.